How Do I Remove Thunderbird As My Default Mail Client??

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
WebGarv

How Do I Remove Thunderbird As My Default Mail Client??

Post by WebGarv »

Hi,

I cannot remove Thunderbird from imposing itself as my default mail client. The “use Thunderbird as the default mail client” will not remain unchecked when I click OK in Thunderbird. I would like to use Outlook 2007 as my default mail application, and that option is selected in Outlook as well as in Internet Explorer and ‘Internet Options’ in the Control Panel. Everytime I double-click on the little envelope to check my mail in Internet Explorer, it opens Thunderbird.

I am using Windows XP, Internet Explorer 8, and Thunderbird 2.0.0.17 (20080914).

Please help!

--WebGarv
steviex

Re: How Do I Remove Thunderbird As My Default Mail Client??

Post by steviex »

Read this.... http://kb.mozillazine.org/Default_mail_client

You may need to use the more aggressive suggestions in that article...
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.
TheBestSaul

Post by TheBestSaul »

I am having the same problem and have not had any success. Any additional suggestions?
cyberpitboss

Post by cyberpitboss »

The only thing I suggest to everyone in my network is to stay as far away from Microsoft as possible if you want to stay clear of malicious code attacks.

Only use Explorer when absolutely necessary to perform a task and never leave it open when finished. Active X is a dangerous thing!
steviex

Post by steviex »

cyberpitboss... What does this have to do with the topic at hand ? .... Please only post if you have anything ON TOPIC to post..
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.
cyberpitboss

Post by cyberpitboss »

Just wanted to save the folks lots of trouble in the future.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

That's commendable but does not change the fact that it was off topic. Please post only comments or suggestions that relate to the subject of the particular topic.
rfb101

Post by rfb101 »

Even though this is an old question, there is still no answer for how to remove Thunderbird as the default email client/handler. Any new ideas?
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

In your operating system -- just set as your default whatever other email program you wish to use.
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 115.0.02 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 115.2.0/115.0.1 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Which is the guidance that steviex offered in the first reply in this topic.

Locking this thread due to the age of the original posts.