With the Tab Clicking Options extension it is possible to set various actions to different clicking events on the tabbar or a tab in the firefox browser. To the following mouse click events can be assigned an action to:
- Double clicking
- Clicking with middle mouse button
- Left clicking with control-key (or meta-key) pressed
- Left clicking with alt-key pressed
- Left clicking with shift-key pressed
- Open New Tab
- Reload Tab
- Reload All Tabs
- Close Tab
- Close Other Tabs
- Close All Tabs
- Duplicate Tab
- Duplicate Tab in New Window
- Undo Close Tab (Bon Echo 2.0b)
- Bookmark Tab
- Bookmark All Tabs
- No Action
When dorando's Undo Close Tab extension is installed, Tab Clicking Options will automaticaly detect that and will add a menuitem so the Undo Close Tab function can be assigned to a clicking event.
The same applies for the Click2Tab extension, where you can assign 'Reopen Last Closed Tab' to a clicking event, and for the SessionSaver extension (0.2d1 nightly 26), where a 'SnapBack Tab' option is added.
Also is IE View detected by Tab Clicking Options. When IE View is installed it is possible to view a tabs content in Internet Explorer by clicking on that tab.
Tab Clicking Options will also detect when my Duplicate Tab extension is installed. And on the first run of these two extensions together (Duplicate Tab and Tab Clicking Options), Tab Clicking Options will assign the 'selection of a tab for merging' action to the ctrl-click event on a tab. After that first run any of the other events (or no event at all) can be selected to take that action.
With Tab Clicking Options events can be set to duplicate a tab, but it lacks the advantages of the Duplicate Tab extension. For instance: this extension does not include the functionality to merge windows, the shortcut-keys to duplicate a tab and the context menu items.
More information about Tab Clicking Options
Tab Clicking Options 0.6.6
Tab Clicking Options is compatible with Firefox 1.0 - 2.0b, Mozilla Suite 1.6 - 1.7 and Seamonkey 1.0.
- Update Slovak localization, thanks to SlovakSoft
- Add support for Undo Close Tab in Bon Echo 2.0b
- Fix duplicate tab not working or working incorrectly.
- Updated German localization, thanks to ReinekeFux
- Added compatibility with upcomming releases of TabBrowser Preferences and Duplicate Tab
- Added Brasilian localization, thanks to Rodrigo Bergmann Laurindo
- Added Danish localization, thanks to AlleyKat
- Added Frysian localization, thanks to moZes.
- Updated Korean localization, thanks to Flactal.
- Fixed linux drop down menus. Bug 13155
- Fixed issue with updating to history index in cloned tab on some sites. Bug 11631
- Fixed tab duplication on certain sites like amazon.com
- Added Slovak locale, thanks to SlovakSoft
- Updated French locale, thanks to Dagobert_78
- Fixed compatibility with Tab Browser Preferences 1.3
New in version 0.6
- Added Bookmark Tab and Bookmark All Tabs actions (Bookmark All Tabs only in Mozilla Suite/Firefox 1.5).
- Added Japanese locale, thanks to Victory.
- Added Spanish locale, thanks to Proyecto Nave.
- Added Korean locale, thanks to Flactal.
- Localized the description of the extension.
- Fixed compatibility with New Tab Homepage extension.