Firefox won't display "Google Search."

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
foxtrot048

Firefox won't display "Google Search."

Post by foxtrot048 »

I recently updated to FF 3.5.5 and now when I access Google in "Classic View" only the name Google appears and not the search boxes, "Google search" and "I'm feeling lucky". These two boxes are no longer visible and the search engine is useless unless I switch to igoogle. Of course it works normally as it should in IE, but I don't want IE as my browser. Who knows what else is missing from other web pages. Any idea what has happened? I noticed several posts regarding google and FF, but all seem to be different problems. I am using a limited user account. I just checked the admin account and FF and google are working ok. Why doesn't it work in the limited user account? :(

John
DanRaisch

Re: Firefox won't display "Google Search."

Post by DanRaisch »

Does the same thing happen if you launch Firefox in Mozilla Safe Mode? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode
roparr2

Post by roparr2 »

What's Classic View?
Self-built: Win XP Pro SP3/ 3 GB RAM/ 3GHZ P4 dual core 32-bit
Backup: Self-built--Win XP Pro SP3 P3 750 MHZ
FF 3.5.6 / TB 2.0.0.23 - 3 POP3 accounts --- Originally joined 2004
foxtrot048

Post by foxtrot048 »

DanRaisch wrote:Does the same thing happen if you launch Firefox in Mozilla Safe Mode? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode

Exactly the same. The "Google Search" and "I feel lucky" are missing from Google Classic View. Google Classic View is the one that you see on most people's computer where it says "Google" in big letters with the two search boxes under "Google."

Remember, FF works fine in my admin account, but not in my limited user account. I think all this started about the time of the last FF update to 3.5.5 :cry:

John
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

Did you check the URLs listed in about:config?
Open about:config and put the word "Google" in the "filter" text block, see what comes up.
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you