Drag 'n Drop with Tabs and Bookmarks

Discussion of bugs in Seamonkey
vulgarPulgar

Drag 'n Drop with Tabs and Bookmarks

Post by vulgarPulgar »

Hi,
I downloaded Seamonkey 2.0 on about Nov 13, 2009. Love the new features, but unfortunately some of the old ones I loved even more don't work. The non-functioning features (hopefully it's not intentional) have to do with dragging and dropping tabs and bookmarks. Some of the things I haven't been able to get to work are:

- dragging tabs within the same Seamonkey window (to change the order of the tabs)
- dragging tabs between distinct Seamonkey windows
- dragging a tab from a window to the bookmarks manager (to easily place a bookmark where I'd like it to be) whether the manager is in the sidebar or standalone outside the Seamonkey window.
- can't drag an OS directory (when viewing a OS directory in the browser) to the bookmarks manager (whether the manager is in the sidebar or standalone outside the Seamonkey window).
- bookmarks (single, group, or folders) in the bookmark manager can't be dragged to different locations in the bookmark manager
- can't cut and paste bookmarks

Hopefully those features haven't been intentionally discarded.

I saw a similar but not quite the same post on this somewhere else. The fix was to use the RC2 build. Tried that. Unfortunately, it didn't work.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Pim

Re: Drag 'n Drop with Tabs and Bookmarks

Post by Pim »

All of these actions work for me. So it must be something wrong with your setup; unfortunately I have no idea what. Are you using an imported profile from SM 1.1? If so, you could try a fresh profile and see if you notice any differences.
Groetjes, Pim
turu

Post by turu »

Here is tutorial for fix this issue: viewtopic.php?p=7926215#p7926215

I usually start from asking you have (or had) any products from Mcafee on your PC, but what you wrote on above is exactly match with this Mcafee conflict issue.

I saw a similar but not quite the same post on this somewhere else. The fix was to use the RC2 build. Tried that. Unfortunately, it didn't work.

Which post exactly are you talking about ?
vulgarPulgar

Post by vulgarPulgar »

Thanks for the quick replies.
I just re-installed the stable release build. The install imports the main profile from the old installation, and the problems I mentioned in the original post are still there. When I change to the default profile, the problems are also still there.

- The similar post I mentioned was this one:
http://forums.mozilazine.org/viewtopic. ... &5=1520855

BTW: I just noticed I can't copy (Ctrl-V a selection from the address line or even in the post editor) while in Seamonkey 2.0 but I can copy in other browsers and applications.
turu

Post by turu »

Have you try to disable Mcafee Site Adviser as mentioned on my first post ?

- The similar post I mentioned was this one:
http://forums.mozilazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&5=1520855

The link doesn't work. Even if you add one more L to make it correct domain :(
(It's moziLLa, double L. not a moziLa).
vulgarPulgar

Post by vulgarPulgar »

The thread turu pointed to at viewtopic.php?p=7926215#p7926215 had the solution for me. I had McAfee Site Advisor (MSA) service running and though Firefox told me it knew about it it through its add-on interface, Seamonkey 2.0 was apparently not aware it was running. Seamonkey's Tools->Add-on Manager showed nothing about it. Nevertheless, I disabled MSA using msconfig, restarted and everything seems to be working. Have no idea how anyone figured out MSA might have a role in the problem but glad they did. Thanks very much for your help.

vulgarPulgar
vulgarPulgar

Post by vulgarPulgar »

Oops, sorry. Try this link:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1520855