Post the extensions you want compatible with SeaMonkey

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
masher

Re: Post the extensions you want compatible with SeaMonkey

Post by masher »

yes and i got this info : sorry, you need a mozilla-based browser (such as firefox) to install a search plugin.

or maybe someone knows how to add this search to seamonkey?
tonymec

Post by tonymec »

masher wrote:yes and i got this info : sorry, you need a mozilla-based browser (such as firefox) to install a search plugin.

or maybe someone knows how to add this search to seamonkey?

SeaMonkey is a Mozilla-based browser. IE7 is not, but it supports some search plugins. Apparently your information source wasn't up to date.

There are two kinds of search plugins: Sherlock and OpenSearch. Some browsers (Mozilla-family and others) support one of them, some the other, some both. See http://mycroft.mozdev.org/ for details.

In SeaMonkey 2, your installed search plugins are visible at "Edit => Preferences => Browser => Internet Search", and also in the "Search Engines" tab of the sidebar (which is opened or closed by F9).
Best regards,
Tony
jaroclay

Post by jaroclay »

I did not have time to comb through the 86 pages of posts, but would like to add my vote to having two extensions modified to work with SeaMonkey if at all possible. They are:

morefunctionsforAB (home page: https://nic-nac-project.org/~kaosmos/morecols-en.html)

measureit (home page: http://www.kevinfreitas.net/extensions/measureit/)

These are extensions I with FF and TB that I wish would work with SM. Now that Lightning is being updated to support SM, the address book extension would be a great addition especially if Birdiesync is updated to support SM, too.

I am not sure if the way these extensions work make them incompatible with SM. I did modify both of them so they would install in SM 2.0 but they failed to function properly. Alas, my understanding of extensions ends here.

Thank you for your time and attention. Please let me know if these extensions can be modified to work with SM or not. :)
Never judge a day by the weather | The best things in life aren't things | Tell the truth - There is less to remember | No rain - No rainbows | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
turu

Post by turu »

There are mod for SM 1.1.x, though I haven't check it works on 2.0 or not...
http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedmisc.html#measureit
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

turu wrote:

There are mod for SM 1.1.x, though I haven't check it works on 2.0 or not...

I have a version of MeasureIt for SeaMonkey 2.0 sitting on my hard drive, but I've only got back home today. I'll upload some updated mods tomorrow.

Phil
jaroclay

Post by jaroclay »

Thanks for the quick replies turu and Philip Chee. I had forgotten that Philip Chee had a modified version for SM 1.x. My bad for not doing better checking - it is finals week for me. Ugh.

Thanks Philip Chee - I will look for the upload tomorrow. I will also bookmark your site to make finding your updated extensions a wee bit easier for me. ;)
Never judge a day by the weather | The best things in life aren't things | Tell the truth - There is less to remember | No rain - No rainbows | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedmisc.html#executejs
ExecuteJS updated to 0.2.3 in order to support SeaMonkey 2.0+. Of interest mostly to extension developers only.

Install Execute JS for Seamonkey 2.0+:
execute_js-0.2.3-mod.xpi

MeasureIt updated to 0.3.9 to support SeaMonkey 2.0+. Plus some bug fixes.

Install MeasureIt for Seamonkey 2.0+:
measureit-0.3.9-mod.xpi

http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedmisc.html#copyplaintext
Copy Plain Text updated for SeaMonkey 2.0+. No new functionality just bug fixes.

Install Copy Plain Text for Seamonkey 2.0+:
copy_plain_text-0.3.3.1-mod.xpi

Changes for Copy Plain Text:
  • Added compatibility with SeaMonkey 2.1 and Thunderbird 3.0.
  • Bumped version number to 0.3.3.1 because of SeaMonkey 2.0 and Thunderbird 3.0 support.
  • Fixed context menu problems in Thunderbird 2.0 and 3.0, and in SeaMonkey 2.0 MailNews.

http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedmisc.html#flatbookmarkediting
Flat Bookmark Editing updated for SeaMonkey 2.0+. Version bumped to 0.8.2 because I dropped support for SeaMonkey 1.x.

SeaMonkey 2.0 compatibility contributed by InvisibleSmiley. Plus I fixed some minor bugs.

Install Flat Bookmark Editing for Seamonkey 2.0+:
flatbmark-082.xpi

Phil
jaroclay

Post by jaroclay »

Thanks a bunch Philip Chee!! Flat Bookmark Editing was another one I had used before and forgot to add to my list. You read my mind and got it updated for SM 2.0!! :)

I really appreciate your support in migrating extensions that either do not or could work with SeaMonkey. =D>
tonymec

Post by tonymec »

Several mail extensions by Jürgen Ernst, which support only Thunderbird at the moment.

The one which interests me most Reply to Mailing List, but Display mailing list header interests me too, Display mail route looks fun, and Display Mail User Agent (as icon), which I used when I was on Tb several years ago (on Tb1.0, I think), is more intuitive visually than "only" setting mailnews.headers.showUserAgent to true (which displays it as a text string).

Wrote to author on 2009-11-10 with CC to Philip Chee who promply replied-to-all with a useful link about porting extensions to SeaMonkey. No reply from J. Ernst so far. Comments on his AMO profile seem to indicate he might have gone AWOL at some unknown date before Xmas 2007.
Best regards,
Tony
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

tonymec wrote:Several mail extensions by Jürgen Ernst, which support only Thunderbird at the moment.

The one which interests me most Reply to Mailing List, but Display mailing list header interests me too, Display mail route looks fun, and Display Mail User Agent (as icon), which I used when I was on Tb several years ago (on Tb1.0, I think), is more intuitive visually than "only" setting mailnews.headers.showUserAgent to true (which displays it as a text string).

Add-ons for SeaMonkey > Display Mail User Agent > Display Mail User Agent Version History
Version 1.6.4.3 — July 22, 2009 — 3,167 KB
Works with:
* SeaMonkey: 1.5a – 2.0b1
1.6.4.3 2009-07-09
- some corrections to make TB 3.0b3 work
Appears to be SeaMonkey compatible since May 5th.
tonymec wrote:Wrote to author on 2009-11-10 with CC to Philip Chee who promply replied-to-all with a useful link about porting extensions to SeaMonkey. No reply from J. Ernst so far. Comments on his AMO profile seem to indicate he might have gone AWOL at some unknown date before Xmas 2007.

For the rest have you tried contacting the co-author, Christian Weiske, of these extensions? Somebody seems to have been updating some of these extensions recently.

Phil
tonymec

Post by tonymec »

Philip Chee wrote:For the rest have you tried contacting the co-author, Christian Weiske, of these extensions? Somebody seems to have been updating some of these extensions recently.

Not yet but I will; though the one I need most, "Reply to list" is apparently not co-authored. (AMO says it's still "experimental", which I'd be willing to accept if it weren't Tb-only, and "last updated 2009-08-01" which gives some hope of the author still being active).
Best regards,
Tony
jkessler

Post by jkessler »

Phil,

Any chance of getting FireFTP, Colorful Tabs, and TinyURL Creator updated to work with SeaMonkey 2?

Thanks for all the good work!

Jeremy
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

jkessler wrote:Phil,

Any chance of getting FireFTP, Colorful Tabs, and TinyURL Creator updated to work with SeaMonkey 2?

I'm working slowly through my backlog. Colorful Tabs might be problematic. The actual porting is easy but the author obviously subscribes to the spaghetti school of programming and trying to read his code always gives me a headache so I never updated my mod to a newer version. He claims to have tidied up his code considerably but I haven't had a look yet.

Phil
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

Noig wrote:Phil
The delicious above is not working any longer in 2.0.
For some reason it did work at the beginning??
Any chances on that?
Thank you a million!

http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedmisc.html#deliciouscomplete

Install del.icio.us Complete for Seamonkey 2.0 and above:
del.icio.us_complete-1.3.1-mod.xpi

Changes:
  • Compatible with SeaMonkey 2.0+ and Firefox 3.5+.
  • Removed support for SeaMonkey 1.1 and Firefox 2.0.
  • Bumped version number to 1.3.1.
  • All menu items now open in a new tab/window instead of the current tab.
Phil
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedmisc.html#svgedit

SVG-edit is an online vector graphics editor that uses only JS, HTML, CSS and SVG (i.e. no server-side functionality). SVG-edit has the following features:

• Free-hand drawing
  • Line tool
  • Rect/Square tool
  • Ellipse/Circle tool
  • Text tool
  • Color palette/picker
  • Save drawing to SVG
  • Select/drag/resize elements
  • Multiselect Elements
  • Undo/Redo
  • Rotate tool
  • Polygon/Polyline Editing