memory cache

Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
The.Purple.Hippo

memory cache

Post by The.Purple.Hippo »

in SM 2, what happened to about:cache?device=memory ? Was this removed or changed to something else now?
raj_bhaskar

Re: memory cache

Post by raj_bhaskar »

Works for me. I typed "about:cache" and then clicked the "List Cache Entries" in the "memory cache device" which took me to about:cache?device=memory.
The.Purple.Hippo

if I type about:cache I get two entries. One for "Disk cache device" which is about:cache?device=disk and the other is "Offline cache device" which takes me to about:cache?device=offline but nothing for memory cache. If I type in about:cache?device=memory then I get a blank page. So, what happened to it? If its gone then where are the favicons stored now?
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

The.Purple.Hippo wrote:if I type about:cache I get two entries. One for "Disk cache device" which is about:cache?device=disk and the other is "Offline cache device" which takes me to about:cache?device=offline but nothing for memory cache. If I type in about:cache?device=memory then I get a blank page. So, what happened to it? If its gone then where are the favicons stored now?

Go to about:config
Create a new integer preference
browser.cache.memory.capacity
and set it to: -1

Also read: http://www.zolved.com/synapse/view_content/24939/How_to_reduce_the_memory_usage_on_Firefox#mcf

Phil
therube

Post by therube »

I get all three, Memory, Disk, & Offline. All three open successfully.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
The.Purple.Hippo

found it!!!! The memory is cleared everytime you close the program. Thats why there was nothing there when I looked.

Thanks Phil for the info.
4td8s

Post by 4td8s »

Philip Chee wrote:
The.Purple.Hippo wrote:if I type about:cache I get two entries. One for "Disk cache device" which is about:cache?device=disk and the other is "Offline cache device" which takes me to about:cache?device=offline but nothing for memory cache. If I type in about:cache?device=memory then I get a blank page. So, what happened to it? If its gone then where are the favicons stored now?

Go to about:config
Create a new integer preference
browser.cache.memory.capacity
and set it to: -1

Also read: http://www.zolved.com/synapse/view_content/24939/How_to_reduce_the_memory_usage_on_Firefox#mcf

Phil

I can set browser.cache.memory.capacity on both FF and SM to 16Mb or 32Mb since my machines have ample amounts of RAM. I know for a fact that Netscape 8.x/9.x and K-meleon browsers have browser.cache.memory.capacity already implemented from the start.
James

Post by James »

4td8s wrote:I know for a fact that Netscape 8.x/9.x and K-meleon browsers have browser.cache.memory.capacity already implemented from the start.

Nestscape 8.13 was based on Firefox 1.0.5 and Netscape 9.0.0.6 was based on Firefox 2.0.0.12