MozillaZine

Not so new addon to compact header pane in Thunderbird

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
neandr

User avatar
 
Posts: 111
Joined: June 21st, 2004, 8:02 am

Post Posted December 2nd, 2009, 4:52 pm

Sorry I forgot to post the answer I got on m.d.a.th:
//gW / Ubuntu11.04 / MAC 10.5 / WIN7; FX / TB 6.x

nursoda

User avatar
 
Posts: 3
Joined: October 4th, 2004, 1:25 am

Post Posted December 3rd, 2009, 1:38 am

Hi Joachim,

first: thank you for your CompactHeader AddOn! I'd like to express my whish:
In one-line mode, nothing more should be displayed, that's minimalistic view.
In two-line mode however, I would still like to see security icons (TB's S/MIME and Enigmails OpenPGP) at least, and if possible and installed the icons inserted by the AddOn "Display Mail User Agent".

Thank you,
Olav
Last edited by nursoda on December 3rd, 2009, 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jmozmoz
 
Posts: 354
Joined: August 3rd, 2009, 12:28 pm

Post Posted December 3rd, 2009, 2:45 pm

CatThief wrote:I think using a customize-header-toolbar class would do the trick if it was attached to the header-view-toolbar. I don't think it would be necessary to give each button a class of its own. If you do decide to do that, though, it might be easier to assign a class that would group buttons according to type (buttons without menus vs toolbarbutton-menubutton-button vs menu-button). Those classes could be used to style the appearance, while their IDs would be used to apply their images.

I really hate to see you go through all this trouble. On my test sample I ran into some issues, but I admit I didn't spend a lot of time with it since I had to boot back and forth a lot between Windows and Linux to compare the results.

I have created a new pre version of 1.1.0. It adds for all buttons in the header pane the class customize-header-toolbar-button and for each button the class customize-header-toolbar+button.id, e.g. customize-header-toolbar-button-forward, customize-header-toolbar-hdrArchiveButton. Does it help you?

jmozmoz
 
Posts: 354
Joined: August 3rd, 2009, 12:28 pm

Post Posted December 3rd, 2009, 3:18 pm

Regarding the reports about a disappearing header pane: If you have this problem, please report here the exact version of TB, the version of CompactHeader, the operating system, and the list of the other installed add-ons.

I would also be interested in your preference settings from compact header (Tools->Options->Advanced->Advanced Configuration->Config Editor, filter CompactHeader).

Could you also check the file localstore.rdf in your profile directory for the entries header-view-toolbar and header-view-toolbox. They should look something like
Code: Select all
<RDF:Description RDF:about="chrome://messenger/content/messenger.xul#header-view-toolbar"
                   iconsize="small"
                   mode="icons"
                   currentset="hdrReplyToSenderButton,hdrReplyButton,hdrReplyListButton,hdrReplyAllButton,hdrForwardButton,button-reply,button-forward,hdrArchiveButton,hdrJunkButton,hdrSJunkButton,hdrTrashButton,hdrOtherActionsButton" />

At the moment I could not reproduce these bugs.

CatThief

User avatar
 
Posts: 1854
Joined: January 19th, 2004, 12:19 am
Location: Northeast USA

Post Posted December 3rd, 2009, 7:45 pm

jmozmoz wrote:I have created a new pre version of 1.1.0. It adds for all buttons in the header pane the class customize-header-toolbar-button and for each button the class customize-header-toolbar+button.id, e.g. customize-header-toolbar-button-forward, customize-header-toolbar-hdrArchiveButton. Does it help you?

Thank you, jmozmoz. I just downloaded the file but I'm about to begin a 30-hour work shift, so I won't be able to test it until sometime this weekend. Surely I will get back to you with the results.

EDIT:
jmozmoz this is PERFECT!!!!! I couldn't resist trying a few things and nothing breaks!!!!! =D> All I need to do now is tighten up some of my code, remove a few redundant entries, and test it on Linux. Please don't change a thing. I would love to have support for this included in the theme for the final release of Tb3. You have truly made my day. :D
Still passionate for Mozilla themes and extensions, just not actively developing them for public release anymore.

jmozmoz
 
Posts: 354
Joined: August 3rd, 2009, 12:28 pm

Post Posted December 5th, 2009, 3:43 pm

C@rb0n wrote:@jmozmoz: Any chance of flat buttons option again?

Try version 1.1.0. It includes support for flat buttons.

jmozmoz
 
Posts: 354
Joined: August 3rd, 2009, 12:28 pm

Post Posted December 5th, 2009, 4:02 pm

nursoda wrote:Hi Joachim,

first: thank you for your CompactHeader AddOn! I'd like to express my whish:
In one-line mode, nothing more should be displayed, that's minimalistic view.
In two-line mode however, I would still like to see security icons (TB's S/MIME and Enigmails OpenPGP) at least, and if possible and installed the icons inserted by the AddOn "Display Mail User Agent".

Thank you,
Olav

In principle I agree that this would be a good idea. The problem is, that the icons seem to be to big. I do not know a way to rescale them e.g. by 50 % using css. Any suggestions how to do this?

CatThief

User avatar
 
Posts: 1854
Joined: January 19th, 2004, 12:19 am
Location: Northeast USA

Post Posted December 5th, 2009, 6:27 pm

jmozmoz, will 1.1.0pre2 become the final release version for Thunderbird 3? My theme is successfully tweaked to perfection with support for it without any issues at all in both Windows and Linux. :)

EDIT:
Ooops, I see you have version 1.1.0 now that includes a few minor changes. I got things working with that one as well. Good job!
Still passionate for Mozilla themes and extensions, just not actively developing them for public release anymore.

C@rb0n
 
Posts: 1426
Joined: February 19th, 2005, 11:22 am

Post Posted December 6th, 2009, 5:07 am

Thanks, jmozmoz. Works great.

Paenglab

User avatar
 
Posts: 203
Joined: December 30th, 2006, 2:20 am
Location: Switzerland

Post Posted December 6th, 2009, 5:42 am

jmozmoz wrote:In principle I agree that this would be a good idea. The problem is, that the icons seem to be to big. I do not know a way to rescale them e.g. by 50 % using css. Any suggestions how to do this?

Not by percent but with absolute pixels:
#signedHdrIcon,
#encryptedHdrIcon {
height: 18px;
width: 18px;
}
You can set your dimensions you want.

One other thing: when the customize windows opens, it is half offscreen. Can you align it that the right customize window border is directly under the right end of the header-view-toolbox?
Nuvola theme for Firefox and Thunderbird

jmozmoz
 
Posts: 354
Joined: August 3rd, 2009, 12:28 pm

Post Posted December 7th, 2009, 3:42 pm

CatThief wrote:jmozmoz, will 1.1.0pre2 become the final release version for Thunderbird 3? My theme is successfully tweaked to perfection with support for it without any issues at all in both Windows and Linux. :)

EDIT:
Ooops, I see you have version 1.1.0 now that includes a few minor changes. I got things working with that one as well. Good job!

I hope 1.1.1 doesn't break your theme. Can you send me a link where I can download your theme for TB 3.0 so I can test new versions?

jmozmoz
 
Posts: 354
Joined: August 3rd, 2009, 12:28 pm

Post Posted December 7th, 2009, 3:43 pm

Paenglab wrote:
jmozmoz wrote:In principle I agree that this would be a good idea. The problem is, that the icons seem to be to big. I do not know a way to rescale them e.g. by 50 % using css. Any suggestions how to do this?

Not by percent but with absolute pixels:
Code: Select all
#signedHdrIcon,
#encryptedHdrIcon {
  height: 18px;
  width: 18px;
}

You can set your dimensions you want.

One other thing: when the customize windows opens, it is half offscreen. Can you align it that the right customize window border is directly under the right end of the header-view-toolbox?

Thank you. I added support for the encrypted/signed mail icons in version 1.1.1.

At the moment dispMUA does not support TB 3.0 (RC) officially. So it's hard to test. I had contacted the author of this add-on and I might need to send him a patch for his add-on to get it to work with CompactHeader. At least it seems that it does work in the expanded header view mode.

CatThief

User avatar
 
Posts: 1854
Joined: January 19th, 2004, 12:19 am
Location: Northeast USA

Post Posted December 7th, 2009, 5:41 pm

jmozmoz wrote:I hope 1.1.1 doesn't break your theme. Can you send me a link where I can download your theme for TB 3.0 so I can test new versions?


The link to my themes is in my sig. Click on FAQ at the top, then find the link to the theme for Tb3 listed at the top of the FAQ page. I haven't tried 1.1.1 yet. Keeping fingers crossed.
Still passionate for Mozilla themes and extensions, just not actively developing them for public release anymore.

jmozmoz
 
Posts: 354
Joined: August 3rd, 2009, 12:28 pm

Post Posted December 8th, 2009, 3:30 pm

The link to my themes is in my sig. Click on FAQ at the top, then find the link to the theme for Tb3 listed at the top of the FAQ page. I haven't tried 1.1.1 yet. Keeping fingers crossed.


This is what is written on the FAQ page:
Mostly Crystal theme for Thunderbird 2.0
Right-click on the link and select "Save Link As...", then "Install" the file with Thunderbird's Add-ons Manager.
mostlycrystal_tb_20.jar

If you click on the link, you get the file mostlycrystal_tb_30.jar

Beside this it looks good!

P.S. In the add-on manager the ratings (number of green "+") of the add-ons seems to be displayed incorrectly.

Diazruanova1

User avatar
 
Posts: 122
Joined: May 4th, 2005, 6:45 am

Post Posted December 8th, 2009, 4:49 pm

Hi jmozmoz,

I love your add-on, thank you very much!!! ...and maybe this was asked before, but since it is a very long thread, so I´ll ask again: Have you contemplated the possibility of adding a new option for including the "buttons" when the "single" line is selected (Display two lines in compact view UN-ticked)?

I know you´ll have to do some compromises in order to do this, but for some of us, once you select a mail for viewing, you already know who sent it and if you are not managing many accounts at the same time, you know who the recipient is, so maybe jut the date and hour info, the subject and of course the buttons.

Thanks again :D

Enrique Diazruanova

Return to Thunderbird Builds


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests