How to change default country google search engine ?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Arv

How to change default country google search engine ?

Post by Arv »

Hi , I have recently installed Firefox/2.0.0.11. But When I do search using search tool bar it's defalted to www.google.se.
All the search results com up on Swedish . I have tried un-installing & the installing the Fire fox . Still same problem .

/Arv
steviex

Post by steviex »

Try this from Gooogle... It's forgotten where you are ... http://www.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=873
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Please DO NOT PM me for support... Lets keep it on the board, so we can all learn.
smonfor

Re: How to change default country google search engine ?

Post by smonfor »

On firefox - if you go to the Manage Search engine option on the menu bar, you can click on New Search Engine - then search for http://www.google.com.ncr an add-on will come up for google in English and it will alway take you to the default google US site. Just move this google to the top of the menu search list and you will always be able to search the default google from the menu bar. After you've performed your first search - the open google window will stay US based - even if you do a different search
LIMPET235

Re: How to change default country google search engine ?

Post by LIMPET235 »

Thanks for the reply but after 2 years, I doubt whether the OP is still monitoring this thread.
Locking.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)