Mozilla Firebird 0.6 rsn

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
asa

Mozilla Firebird 0.6 rsn

Post by asa »

We're hoping to make Mozilla Firebird 0.6 happen real soon now. New builds will be arriving at (windows) http://komodo.mozilla.org/pub/firebird/ ... -15-trunk/ and (linux and mac) http://komodo.mozilla.org/pub/firebird/ ... -14-trunk/ and if they smoketest OK then those builds are gonna be 0.6.

If you've got some time to grab these builds, bang on them, go do things you don't normally do, run the <a href="http://www.mozilla.org/quality/smoketests/">smoketests</a> (those don't exacly apply but covering the same ground as the browser where it does apply would be good), check various webmail and e-commerce sites, etc. that would be great. If nothing horrible (that we didn't already know about) shows up then we'll get this sucker out and start moving toward Mozilla Firebird 0.7

--Asa

<strong>update:</strong> windows, linux and mac candidates all available at http://komodo.mozilla.org/pub/firebird/ ... est-trunk/
Last edited by asa on May 16th, 2003, 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DamianMoran

Post by DamianMoran »

Correct me if I am wrong :) but do these build still not contain the very recently fixed bugs? E.g 20030516 still features Web Panels, but this is now fixed along with the other targeted 0.6 bugs. So perhaps 20030517 should be the milestone?
asa

Post by asa »

DamianMoran wrote:Correct me if I am wrong :) but do these build still not contain the very recently fixed bugs? E.g 20030516 still features Web Panels, but this is now fixed along with the other targeted 0.6 bugs. So perhaps 20030517 should be the milestone?

These builds do contain all of the fixes that were landed today.

--Asa
Sammo

Post by Sammo »

I just downloaded this build and it seems to be working just fine so far. Tabbrowser extensions work now. I might suggest that you configure your server to allow downloads to be resumed as they can be from the other servers.
- Sammo -
Steffen

Post by Steffen »

There are two 05/16 Win32 builds. Asa's link takes you to the second one. Most of the files in it are dated 5pm.

Works fine so far. Web Panels are gone; you just have to delete them in your bookmarks one last time.

But I really think that bug 204134 should make it into 0.6. This is about removing the XXXben crud from the description of "download manager history" in Options-Privacy. I cannot understand that removing a few words should be such a big problem. There is already a patch to fix this! It just needs to be reviewed and checked in. Just one simple, stupid line.

I appreciate sorting out bugs where no fix is in sight.
But here we've got a fix that just needs to be applied!
miken32

Post by miken32 »

Steffen wrote:But I really think that bug 204134 should make it into 0.6. This is about removing the XXXben crud from the description of "download manager history" in Options-Privacy.

Agreed; I can't understand the logic behind some of the bugs that get fixed, and those that don't. That said though, why don't you vote for the bug! It might help some.
Steffen

Post by Steffen »

miken32 wrote:
Steffen wrote:But I really think that bug 204134 should make it into 0.6. This is about removing the XXXben crud from the description of "download manager history" in Options-Privacy.

Agreed; I can't understand the logic behind some of the bugs that get fixed, and those that don't. That said though, why don't you vote for the bug! It might help some.

Vote for my own bug? Well, if it helps! :mrgreen:
Dunderklumpen

Post by Dunderklumpen »

Tested with 10-15 of my usual sites. All OK
Sites with various types of javascripts and DHTML-Menues. ALL OK

Installed some themes (Crystal, Classic, Phusion, Rhapzodized). All OK
Installed Smothwheel and TBE (working again). All OK
berkut

Post by berkut »

Steffen wrote:There are two 05/16 Win32 builds. Asa's link takes you to the second one. Most of the files in it are dated 5pm.

Works fine so far. Web Panels are gone; you just have to delete them in your bookmarks one last time.

But I really think that bug 204134 should make it into 0.6. This is about removing the XXXben crud from the description of "download manager history" in Options-Privacy. I cannot understand that removing a few words should be such a big problem. There is already a patch to fix this! It just needs to be reviewed and checked in. Just one simple, stupid line.

as stupid and simple as it may be, this bug has already been moved to 0.7 :( ...one line... grrr
asa

Post by asa »

berkut1337 wrote:
Steffen wrote:There are two 05/16 Win32 builds. Asa's link takes you to the second one. Most of the files in it are dated 5pm.

as stupid and simple as it may be, this bug has already been moved to 0.7 :( ...one line... grrr

When someone comes to me with a patch that actually implements the toggle that Ben is asking for then we'll talk about holding a release. There's some placeholder text reminding us we need something there and it's in no way critical that it be removed.

--Asa
waytoomuchcoffee

Post by waytoomuchcoffee »

While it does not affect functionality, it looks awful. You really don't need to leave notes to change stuff, you have Bugzilla for that. Especially notes like this. This is the first release since it was announced that Firebird is going to be the official Mozilla browser; there is going to be a lot of interest in it. Every single review is going to point it out. At least CHANGE the text to something more palatable.
Steffen

Post by Steffen »

Web Panels Sidebar is still there! Menu View-Sidebar-Web Panels. Bug 203096 has been reopend therefore.
EDIT: The persistent web panels folder in the bookmarks (sidebar and menu) has been removed. But they left the web panels sidebar behind.

So let's fix that and my bug 204134! :mrgreen:
Last edited by Steffen on May 16th, 2003, 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sailfish

Post by Sailfish »

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.4b) Gecko/20030516 Mozilla Firebird/0.6

Seems okay and Web Panels stays removed from Bookmarks sidebar.
asa

Post by asa »

Steffen wrote:Web Panels Sidebar is still there! Menu View-Sidebar-Web Panels. Bug 203096 has been reopend therefore.
EDIT: The persistent web panels folder in the bookmarks (sidebar and menu) has been removed. But they left the web panels sidebar behind.

So let's fix that and my bug 204134! :mrgreen:

No. :D The overwhelming majority of the complaints about the unfinished web panels features was the bookmark folder and that's taken care of. We're not going to go on a string cleanup for 0.6 (where is the outcry against "cookies are delicious delicacies" which has been there for just about every release we've had?).

--Asa
Keith

Post by Keith »

waytoomuchcoffee wrote:While it does not affect functionality, it looks awful. You really don't need to leave notes to change stuff, you have Bugzilla for that.

Indeed. A bug to implement the functionality of that comment was created <a href="http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=205276">here</a>.