Post the extensions you want compatible with SeaMonkey

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
Philip Chee

Re: Post the extensions you want compatible with SeaMonkey

Post by Philip Chee »

http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedmisc.html#fireftp

FireFTP 1.0.7 now modded for SeaMonkey 2.0!.

This took a day longer than expected since I spent a lot of time going around in circles wondering why my port wasn't working in SeaMonkey until I realized that there was a bug in SeaMonkey itself, and not in the FireFTP code and not in my port. After that it took just a minute to work around that bug and bingo! FireFTP started going great guns.

Install FireFTP for Seamonkey 2.0 and above:
fireftp-1.0.7.xpi

Phil
jkessler

Post by jkessler »

Philip Chee wrote:FireFTP 1.0.7 now modded for SeaMonkey 2.0!.

Thanks!

Jeremy
commander_keen

Post by commander_keen »

hahaha, awesome! =D>
tonymec

Post by tonymec »

QuickMenuMC for Thunderbird. I have just sent an email to the author, Krzysztof Janowicz, with CC to Philip Chee.

Merry Christmas!
Best regards,
Tony
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

tonymec wrote:QuickMenuMC for Thunderbird. I have just sent an email to the author, Krzysztof Janowicz, with CC to Philip Chee.

Merry Christmas!

First you make more work for me on Christmas Day! Then you wish me Merry Christmas! :doubt:

Phil
tonymec

Post by tonymec »

Philip Chee wrote:
tonymec wrote:QuickMenuMC for Thunderbird. I have just sent an email to the author, Krzysztof Janowicz, with CC to Philip Chee.

Merry Christmas!

First you make more work for me on Christmas Day! Then you wish me Merry Christmas! :doubt:

Phil

Oh, it can wait until after New Year's Day if that makes your Christmas merrier. :wink:
Best regards,
Tony
tonymec

Post by tonymec »

Merry Christmas!

OK. I have uploaded a trial version on my home site.

However, this is the first time I try porting a Tb extension to Sm, and I haven't yet tested it. The reason I've already uploaded it is so more experienced people can double-check me.

Edit: It won't install (First try: perpetually "This add-on will be installed after you restart SeaMonkey" but it didn't; then I uploaded a second try: "Error -207: Not a valid install package"). I must have committed some obvious error...

Edit (2): Finally, I have a version which I can install. I have tentatively upped its version to 0.9.2.2pre. Now I'll be testing it. Comments welcome, here or by private email <antoine.mechelynck AT gmail DOT com> if off-topic for this thread. (No spam please: if you do, your ISP shall know about it.)
Last edited by tonymec on December 25th, 2009, 5:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Best regards,
Tony
vladmir

Post by vladmir »

Philip
paste_and_go_2-0.8-mod.xpi
http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedmisc.html#pasteandgo
In SM2 overlay.css gives error in Error console

-moz-opacity: 0.9;
Doesn't supported. It's enough to change it to
opacity: 0.9;
therube

Post by therube »

JSView works in SeaMonkey 2, but not quite as fully as it did in SeaMonkey 1.
Possible to get the missing functionality back?

Starting basically here, http://forums.informaction.com/viewtopi ... 586#p14586.

Summarized:

External script/css works as expected
Scripts are listed in the Links panel in SM 2.0.1 even if JSView isn't installed (but cannot be opened directly)
The Page Info features added by JSView don't work at all in SM 2 (such as Style Sheets, & Frames)

(Not really a big deal, as usually it is the external scripts one is after, but if is relatively easy to implement ...)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

vladmir wrote:Philip
paste_and_go_2-0.8-mod.xpi
http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedmisc.html#pasteandgo
In SM2 overlay.css gives error in Error console

-moz-opacity: 0.9;
Doesn't supported. It's enough to change it to
opacity: 0.9;

OK. I've updated the XPI with your changes.

Phil
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

iav wrote:Trying to run Duplicate Contact Manager 2 (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/53145) on "Seamonkey" I see no menu item. Looking into xul I see it overlays <menubar id="mail-menubar">.
But DOM inspector shows me than seamonkey's address book have <menubar id="ab-menubar">.
When I edit xul to overlay ab-menubar, extension start to work.

Same with toolbar: abToolbar in Seamonkey, but extension try to overlay AddressBookToolbarPalette

What can be a minimal possible changes to get it work?

I've finally updated the entry for Duplicate Contact Manager on my Modified Thunderbird extensions page.
http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedmailnews.html#duplicatecontactmanager
Duplicate Contact Manager searches for duplicate contact pairs and presents each pair to the user. The user can decide how to handle the pair.

Currently only one address book can be searched at a time. Users with multiple address books cannot search for duplicates between address
books. This feature is planned for a future version.

Install Duplicate Contact Manager for Seamonkey 2.0 and Thunderbird 3.0:
duplicate_contact_manager-1.2-mod.xpi

Changes in this version:
  • Repacked in jar file format.
  • Updated install.rdf and chrome.manifest for SeaMonkey 2.0 and Thunderbird 3.0.
  • Split CSS for main overlay into a separate file.
  • Retained the GUID of Duplicate Contacts Manager 1 but incorporated the changes from Duplicate Contact Manager 2 by Alfred Peng and Valeryan_24@laposte.net.
  • Included the changes by iav (Igor Velkov) from his fork of Duplicate Contact Manager 2 on sourceforge.net.

Phil
DJGM

Post by DJGM »

I'd like MonkeyMenu to be updated for SM2.x ... shame the author has given up on making his add-ons
and themes for SeaMonkey altogether ... his blog now concentrates on the topic of psychotherapy.
-----------------------------
SeaMonkey is like a Swiss Army knife: Versatile and dependable, with many useful tools.
Internet Explorer is like really, really, very old Swiss cheese: Full of holes, and it stinks!
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

DJGM wrote:I'd like MonkeyMenu to be updated for SM2.x ... shame the author has given up on making his add-ons
and themes for SeaMonkey altogether ... his blog now concentrates on the topic of psychotherapy.

MonkeyMenu is based on his Firefox MenuX but adapted to the fact that SM 1.x did not have customizable toolbars. Probably someone could start with MenuX and then copy over the SeaMonkey specific code to it in order to support SeaMonkey 2.0 (or perhaps the other way).

By the way, he's always concentrated on psychotherapy.Writing extensions was a hobby for him for a while.

Phil
turu

Post by turu »

Last version of Monkeymenu works fine on SM2, if you get it installed on. But it will not be developed by original author (or possibly nobody) anymore. That's all. Anyway, here is modded version for SM2:
http://mirror.lupaworld.com/puppylinux/ ... .9-sm2.xpi
DJGM

Post by DJGM »

turu wrote:Last version of Monkeymenu works fine on SM2, if you get it installed on.
But it will not be developed by original author anymore. That's all.
Anyway, here is modded version for SM2:

http://mirror.lupaworld.com/puppylinux/ ... .9-sm2.xpi

Thanks for that. Except there's one big bug in that version ... the divider that's meant to make the
search box wider, seems to only stretch/widen the Location Bar, and squishes the search box . . .

The last official version of MonkeyMenu won't even install on SeaMonkey 2, let alone work!
-----------------------------
SeaMonkey is like a Swiss Army knife: Versatile and dependable, with many useful tools.
Internet Explorer is like really, really, very old Swiss cheese: Full of holes, and it stinks!