Wow! Trunk 1.3a opening has caused a lot of checkins.

Discussion about Seamonkey builds
old jasonb

Wow! Trunk 1.3a opening has caused a lot of checkins.

Post by old jasonb »

After checking the nightly fixes that I just reported, I discovered 2 more in the space of the 20 minutes it took me to list what I'd first found. The difference here is like night and day. I don't remember it being so dramatic before - but, then again, I didn't bother querying fixes to report them here as I have been recently.

It looks like the 11/06 builds could have a lot of good things going on.
drosoph

So, when will a new daily come out with the checkins ???

Post by drosoph »

So, when will a new daily come out with the checkins ??? I'm not familiar with the process ... but, I know that we havent had a new daily file for about 20 hours.... this isnt the norm ... are all the checkins slowing down the process ?
slippytoad

Re: So, when will a new daily come out with the checkins ???

Post by slippytoad »

drosoph wrote:So, when will a new daily come out with the checkins ??? I'm not familiar with the process ... but, I know that we havent had a new daily file for about 20 hours.... this isnt the norm ... are all the checkins slowing down the process ?

The build is probably broken. Looking at the checkins I see lots of backed out changes so I imagine things are rather hosed at the moment. When it builds it might be very unstable to start with.
old jasonb

Post by old jasonb »

Good question. I've been waiting since I got up this morning for the 11/6 build. Typically, what will prevent it is if the the current "build" (code of the moment) hasn't yet passed QA / tinderbox checking.
drosoph

Post by drosoph »

FOUND 2002110604 --
Noticed the new NEWS FILTER are in place ... Havent seen them work :(
Noticed that you can now create a filter on mail "SENDER Is/Isnt in _address book_>" ... but havent gotten this to work either ...
Both pending MScotts view code ... whats the bug # on that anyway ?

Wheres the new Junk Mail front end ???
drosoph

Now Im confused ...

Post by drosoph »

I checked the bug # on MSCOTT new "VIEWS" ... 176850 ... Looks like Seth checked that in and turned it on 11/05. .... Seems like only half of the checkins from the past 24 hours are working yet ...

Hmmmmm
Gilles

Another new feature : bookmark quicksearch

Post by Gilles »

Very useful when you have <b>lots</b> of bookmarks. :)
drosoph

What am I missing ???

Post by drosoph »

Im using build 2002110610 ... STILL cant find the new VIEWS stuff OR the Junk Mail front end ... was all checked in yesterday .. ???

Anyone give me a clue ?
slippytoad

Re: What am I missing ???

Post by slippytoad »

drosoph wrote:Im using build 2002110610 ... STILL cant find the new VIEWS stuff OR the Junk Mail front end ... was all checked in yesterday .. ???

Anyone give me a clue ?

Views is there in mailnews in my build which is 2002110604. No sign of spam filter though.
drosoph

Where are views again ?

Post by drosoph »

Slippy,

Do I need to do something special to get the VIEWS to work ? I have used 20021106 build 04 & 10 and 2002110704 (All win32 builds) ... and do not see VIEWS in ANY of the builds ... Are you using Win32 ???
slippytoad

WFM really

Post by slippytoad »

I got the zip file and unzipped into a new directory. Didn't touch my profile.
drosoph

Dont use SEA builds if you want new features

Post by drosoph »

Looks like the SEA builds wont activate the new features (Ive tested all recent builds) ... You HAVE to use the ZIP files and extract them ... Once you do that, the new VIEWS will work fine.
ckjnigel

When in latest-trunk SEA builds?

Post by ckjnigel »

I hope there's gonna be a front page notice...I don't understand the point of distinguishing zips and seas...If there's a need to keep it out while vetting it, why not incorporate it in all builds in the latest-trunk folder and keep the sea builds without it in /trunk ?
ksheka

Spam filtering...

Post by ksheka »

Any idea when the spam filtering (baysean analysis of spam) is going to land in the trunk? I'm using build 2002110708, and I was hoping that it would be in there. :(
atkinsc

Post by atkinsc »

can someone clarify the differences between sea and zip builds for me.

ksheka: the front end has been checked in but backend/theory/algorithm work is still in progress. God knows.