I can't see my addons (Personas)

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
mrkennedy8810

I can't see my addons (Personas)

Post by mrkennedy8810 »

For Firefox RC1, I installed the Personas addon and I was able to put a custom picture in Personas for my browser. However, I uninstalled the addon but the picture is still there and I'm not able to view my addons. Is there a way for me to change things back to the way they were before I downloaded the addon? Is there a way for me to fix this? Thanks.
Last edited by LoudNoise on January 12th, 2010, 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added Personas to topic
LoudNoise

Re: I can't see my addons (Personas)

Post by LoudNoise »

Moving to builds.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
a;skdjfajf;ak

Post by a;skdjfajf;ak »

Tools->Addons->Themes ? Is it shown there ?
mrkennedy8810

Post by mrkennedy8810 »

No. I went to addons and when I looked at themes, it was blank. The weird thing is that I can still use the addons that I've enabled but I'm not able to enable and disable addons.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Maybe this?
From the KB
Files that store information about the extensions you have installed can sometimes be corrupted. Deleting them can fix a number of extension issues; they will be regenerated the next time you start Firefox. . Exit Firefox completely, then open your Firefox profile folder (read the linked article for its location) and rename these three files to *.old:

extensions.ini
extensions.cache
extensions.rdf

Also rename compatibility.ini to compatibility.old (thanks steviex)

To find your profile:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder_-_Firefox
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
mrkennedy8810

Post by mrkennedy8810 »

Never mind. I fixed things by just re-installing Firefox 3.5.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

That's cheating! :)
Post wrangler
El Pino

Post by El Pino »

For you information; Personas is integrated into Firefox 3.6 by default. That means that even without the addon, you can select backgrounds for your browser. The fact that addons no longer work is probably related to the version change. Addons are often marked as incompatible with new releases and thus automatically disabled.
mrkennedy8810

Post by mrkennedy8810 »

I was able to remove the picture from Personas. However, when I tried to reinstall Firefox 3.6, I still wasn't able to view ANY of the addons in the addons manager. I also wasn't able to view the plugins or anything else in the manager. The weird thing is that I was still able to use the addons that were currently enabled. So the problem wasn't really fixed. Any other advice?
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

LoudNoise wrote:Maybe this?
From the KB
Files that store information about the extensions you have installed can sometimes be corrupted. Deleting them can fix a number of extension issues; they will be regenerated the next time you start Firefox. . Exit Firefox completely, then open your Firefox profile folder (read the linked article for its location) and rename these three files to *.old:

extensions.ini
extensions.cache
extensions.rdf

Also rename compatibility.ini to compatibility.old (thanks steviex)

To find your profile:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder_-_Firefox
mrkennedy8810

Post by mrkennedy8810 »

I tried making these changes:

extensions.ini became extensions.ini.old
extensions.cache became extensions.cache.old
extensions.rdf became extensions.rdf.old
compatibility.ini became compatability.ini.old

Even though all the addons became enabled, I'm still unable to view the addons in the manager and I also can't see the plugins, themes, etc. Are there any other suggestions?

Should I just wait to upgrade until the official 3.6 is released after the RCs?
supernova_00

Post by supernova_00 »

Try deleting the "lightweighttheme-footer" and "lightweighttheme-header" file that is in the main directory of your profile (Same place as the other files mentioned above) for the personas issue. Try deleting "compreg.dat" for the addons issue.
BigWillyStyle42

Post by BigWillyStyle42 »

supernova_00 wrote:Try deleting the "lightweighttheme-footer" and "lightweighttheme-header" file that is in the main directory of your profile (Same place as the other files mentioned above) for the personas issue. Try deleting "compreg.dat" for the addons issue.

I don't see how a persona theme could be interfering... they just do the main browser window right? Have you tried safe-mode? It could be that one of your addons is causing the issue.
mrkennedy8810

Post by mrkennedy8810 »

supernova_00 wrote:Try deleting the "lightweighttheme-footer" and "lightweighttheme-header" file that is in the main directory of your profile (Same place as the other files mentioned above) for the personas issue. Try deleting "compreg.dat" for the addons issue.

I did that and I'm still not able to see the addons. I even tried safe mode and in safe mode I'm still not able to see anything in the addons manager. And the custom picture is still there from personas.
supernova_00

Post by supernova_00 »

Are you positive firehas been shutdown when you've deleted these files? There is nothing else to delete to fix this issue. Did you happen to manually modify a firefox file? I'm thinking firefox is still running or a add-on is causing this.