[ext] Yet Another Smooth Scrolling

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
rejuvenator

Re: [ext] Yet Another Smooth Scrolling

Post by rejuvenator »

There has been another update but nothing has changed - the bouncy edge is still on and impossible to turn off...
kataho

Post by kataho »

Hi.
@rejuvenator
3.0.7 have a regression of that issue. please try 3.0.8 currently in sandbox, if you have AMO account.
or install 3.0.6 if you don't.

@ACLuong
I can't know how jurky it is but obviously new one have a possibility to make very long jump
when browser freezes to redraw itself a little while.
3.0.8 currently in sandbox avoid that long jump. I don't sure this make you satisfy though.

@toxomo
I have changed target for listening to wheel event to fix printpreview scroll disability.
I noticed it doesn't work any more and give it up. ver.3.0.8, it is taking event as a way of version 2.x.x days.
Sidebar scroll will be back smooth.

@MaximaleEleganz
The glitch like last video stay still in 3.0.6?
MaximaleEleganz

Post by MaximaleEleganz »

kataho wrote:The glitch like last video stay still in 3.0.6?

Everything is okay now, thank you. :)
Drug0y

Post by Drug0y »

Feature request: add compatibility with Coral IE Tab.
fluentinsilence

Post by fluentinsilence »

Glitch still existing. At random times, usually in the midst of scrolling, sometimes in the middle of page-loading, the scrolling motion will stall and will no longer function, even if I disable/re-enable YASS. Sometimes, it might work, but it's not even a scroll; it's more like a minor move and then nothing. I am always forced to close FF and re-open it for it to function again.

YASS: v3.0.10
FF: v3.5.7
keeperofdakeys

Post by keeperofdakeys »

Sometimes when javascript is used to add content to a page, the scrolling slows down. This is especially obvious on slashdot (go to slashdot.org, click on Many More down the bottom, repeat when loaded, and you should see scrolling is slower)
Drug0y

Post by Drug0y »

main glitch happens when another tab is loading in the background, but I think it's engine's bug
sadeghi85

Post by sadeghi85 »

Hi all,

Smooth scrolling doesn't work when scrolling with mouse over a disabled textarea.

Great addon, thanks.
zxasdfghrtjuyk

Post by zxasdfghrtjuyk »

3.0.10 is not respecting the context menu setting. extensions.yass.showcontextmenu is false but context menu still appears.
macuache

Post by macuache »

What are your settings ? The default ones suck. And adjusting is a hell of spending time
Cyberbeing

Post by Cyberbeing »

macuache wrote:What are your settings ? The default ones suck. And adjusting is a hell of spending time

Personally I like the following settings:

Options
Use Smooth Scrolling with Arrow Keys: Enabled
Use Smooth Scrolling with PageUp/PageDown Keys: Enabled
Use Smooth Scrolling with Home/End Keys: Enabled
Bouncy Edge: Off
Smoothing Algorithm: Original (ver. 1)

Mouse Wheel
Step Size: 85
Smoothness (Forepart): 10
Smoothness: 55.1
Acceleration Sensitivity: 100

Keyboard
Step Size: 42
Smoothness (Forepart): 10
Smoothness: 55.1
Acceleration Sensitivity: 1
b.pwned

Post by b.pwned »

Hello everyone! First of all, I really like the addon. Good work!

There are only two things that bug me:

1) The rubberband at the edge of pages sometimes makes the site change. For example http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page -> the logo and the tabs move up and down when scrolling past the edge.
2) When highlighting a checkbox one can no longer toggle the box with the spacebar if the page is scrollable.

Maybe you could look into those two things :)

Thanks!
reid

Post by reid »

I really like the basic functionality of this extension. Normal scrolling is such a drag on a long page now. But I've seen a few problems with versions up to 3.0.10:

1. My system is fairly beefy, 4 GB of memory, dual core processor from about three years ago. But it seems like this scrolling taxes it, especially if I'm under other load. Scrolling the mouse wheel can take a few seconds to take effect, and it's sometimes unpredictable in that a pile of scrolls will build up in a bufer and suddenly all go, while other times they're just ignored while it's frozen.

2. At times, mouse scrolling (and key scrolling since I let it control that too) will just stop working completely. Sometimes reloading a page will bring it back, but that's not reliable. Disabling and re-enabling YASS doesn't do anything. The AlertBox extension puts up a results page that seems to trigger this a lot. Any ideas why this happens?

Thanks,
Reid
avada

Post by avada »

b.pwned wrote:2) When highlighting a checkbox one can no longer toggle the box with the spacebar if the page is scrollable.

In my experinece the checkbox gets toggled, but also the page scrolled. Its quite annoying though.
reid wrote:1. My system is fairly beefy, 4 GB of memory, dual core processor from about three years ago. But it seems like this scrolling taxes it, especially if I'm under other load. Scrolling the mouse wheel can take a few seconds to take effect, and it's sometimes unpredictable in that a pile of scrolls will build up in a bufer and suddenly all go, while other times they're just ignored while it's frozen.

Its probably firefox's fault. Scrolling can be jerky or delayed as you described it. Also the page tears(mostly visible with images).
reid

Post by reid »

avada wrote:
b.pwned wrote:
reid wrote:1. My system is fairly beefy, 4 GB of memory, dual core processor from about three years ago. But it seems like this scrolling taxes it, especially if I'm under other load. Scrolling the mouse wheel can take a few seconds to take effect, and it's sometimes unpredictable in that a pile of scrolls will build up in a bufer and suddenly all go, while other times they're just ignored while it's frozen.

Its probably firefox's fault. Scrolling can be jerky or delayed as you described it. Also the page tears(mostly visible with images).

Well, maybe a future version of firefox will handle this better. I also use YASS on a few newer, faster Windows systems vs. my older linux machine at home, and it's much less noticeable on them; I wonder if the OS is part of it. I could live with it in the meantime, but my #2 (YASS and scrolling no longer working at all occasionally) is more of a showstopper for me.