Post the extensions you want compatible with SeaMonkey

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
therube

Re: Post the extensions you want compatible with SeaMonkey

Post by therube »

Imagezoom 0.4.1 now supports SeaMonkey 2.

Version 0.4.1
January 02, 2010

Added since 0.4

* Removed Global Zoom Options - Now part of Firefox/Thunderbird natively
* Compatibility with Thunderbird 3.0 / Firefox 3.6
* Mac OSX minor bug fixes
* Added Seamonkey 2.0 Support
* Revised Image Rotation Menu Item Locations

http://imagezoom.yellowgorilla.net/arch ... on_041.php

Please add Seamonkey 2.0 Compatibility
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
tonymec

Post by tonymec »

The new jetpack engine for Firefox seems "almost compatible" with SeaMonkey. It installs (with a compatibility override) but seems not to work. I see four errors in the Error Console, one of which disappeared (pushed out by "Warnings" and/or "Messages") before I could copy it.

Code: Select all

Error: Cc['@mozilla.org/steel/application;1'] is undefined
Source File: file:///root/.mozilla/seamonkey/nexrdon9.default/extensions/jetpack@labs.mozilla.com/modules/xulapp.js
Line: 46
Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND) [nsIXPCComponents_Utils.import]"  nsresult: "0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND)"  location: "JS frame :: file:///root/.mozilla/seamonkey/nexrdon9.default/extensions/jetpack@labs.mozilla.com/ubiquity-modules/feedmanager.js :: <TOP_LEVEL> :: line 56"  data: no]
Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND) [nsIXPCComponents_Utils.import]"  nsresult: "0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND)"  location: "JS frame :: file:///root/.mozilla/seamonkey/nexrdon9.default/extensions/jetpack@labs.mozilla.com/modules/setup.js :: <TOP_LEVEL> :: line 39"  data: no]

Without this extension, the latest Bugzilla enhancements are not available AFAIK.
Best regards,
Tony
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

tonymec wrote:The new jetpack engine for Firefox seems "almost compatible" with SeaMonkey. It installs (with a compatibility override) but seems not to work. I see four errors in the Error Console, one of which disappeared (pushed out by "Warnings" and/or "Messages") before I could copy it.

Error: Cc['@mozilla.org/steel/application;1'] is undefined
Source File: file:///root/.mozilla/seamonkey/nexrdon9.default/extensions/jetpack@labs.mozilla.com/modules/xulapp.js
Line: 46
Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND) [nsIXPCComponents_Utils.import]"  nsresult: "0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND)"  location: "JS frame :: file:///root/.mozilla/seamonkey/nexrdon9.default/extensions/jetpack@labs.mozilla.com/ubiquity-modules/feedmanager.js :: <TOP_LEVEL> :: line 56"  data: no]
Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND) [nsIXPCComponents_Utils.import]"  nsresult: "0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND)"  location: "JS frame :: file:///root/.mozilla/seamonkey/nexrdon9.default/extensions/jetpack@labs.mozilla.com/modules/setup.js :: <TOP_LEVEL> :: line 39"  data: no]

Without this extension, the latest Bugzilla enhancements are not available AFAIK.

You should replace ['@mozilla.org/steel/application;1'] and ['@mozilla.org/fuel/application;1'] in xulapp.js with ['@mozilla.org/smile/application;1']

Also you can install http://downloads.mozdev.org/xsidebar/mods/JS_Console_output_redirector_0.1.1-mod.xpi and redirect the console messages to a file in your profile.

Phil
tonymec

Post by tonymec »

Philip Chee wrote:[...]
You should replace ['@mozilla.org/steel/application;1'] and ['@mozilla.org/fuel/application;1'] in xulapp.js with ['@mozilla.org/smile/application;1']
[...]

OK. Here are the proposed changes; I'll now restart and see if it works. You (or the Jetpack developer) might also want to change the chrome.manifest and/or install.rdf to mention SeaMonkey.

*** xulapp.js.old   2009-12-18 09:40:46.000000000 +0100
--- xulapp.js   2010-01-08 18:33:10.000000000 +0100
*** 40,50 ****
  const Ci = Components.interfaces;
  const Cc = Components.classes;

! let Application = Cc["@mozilla.org/fuel/application;1"] ?
                    Cc["@mozilla.org/fuel/application;1"]
                    .getService(Ci.fuelIApplication) :
                    Cc["@mozilla.org/steel/application;1"]
!                   .getService(Ci.steelIApplication);

var XULAppProto = {
    get mostRecentAppWindow() {
--- 40,54 ----
  const Ci = Components.interfaces;
  const Cc = Components.classes;

! let Application = Cc["@mozilla.org/fuel/application;1"] ?       /* Firefox 3 */
                    Cc["@mozilla.org/fuel/application;1"]
                    .getService(Ci.fuelIApplication) :
+                   Cc["@mozilla.org/steel/application;1"] ?      /* Thunderbird 3 */
                    Cc["@mozilla.org/steel/application;1"]
!                   .getService(Ci.steelIApplication) :
!         /*        Cc["@mozilla.org/smile/application;1"] ?         SeaMonkey 2 */
!                   Cc["@mozilla.org/smile/application;1"]
!                   .getService(Ci.smileIApplication);

var XULAppProto = {
    get mostRecentAppWindow() {

Edit:
  • The first error has disappeared, only to be replaced by:

Error: XULApp is not defined
    Line: 117
  • The other three errors are still there.
  • Here is the one which I couldn't copy before:

Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND) [nsIXPCComponents_Utils.import]"  nsresult: "0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND)"  location: "JS frame :: chrome://jetpack/content/js/xul/console.js :: <TOP_LEVEL> :: line 2"  data: no]
  • AFAICT, it's still not working.
Best regards,
Tony
DRDRJAY

Post by DRDRJAY »

Aloha Benoit !

I work with Music a lot and would like FoxyTunes to work with SeaMonkey 2.02 ( or-2.xx). One thing I don't understand is: TwittyTunes is in the SeaMonkey extensions, but it requires FoxyTunes to work and....FoxyTunes will not install to Seamonkey 2.02! Strange :) [P.S. -- I really don't use Twitter :D ]

DRDRJAY
DRDRJAY
DRDRJAY

Post by DRDRJAY »

Aloha Benoit,

As far as I can determine, FoxyTunes is not compatible with SeaMonkey 2.xx...BUT...TwittyTunes is and it works in conjunction with FoxyTunes. [Strange]
Can you make FoxyTunes compatible?

Thanks,

DRDRJAY
Honolulu, Hawai'i
DRDRJAY
DRDRJAY

Post by DRDRJAY »

DRDRJAY wrote:Aloha Benoit,

As far as I can determine, FoxyTunes is not compatible with SeaMonkey 2.xx...BUT...TwittyTunes is and it works in conjunction with FoxyTunes. [Strange]
Can you make FoxyTunes compatible?

Thanks,

DRDRJAY
Honolulu, Hawai'i
Oops! Couldn't find my original post, so I put it up again!
DRDRJAY
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

TagZilla is an add-on to Mozilla that lets you add a tagline, random or specifically chosen by you, to the end of an email or newsgroup posting, or to the clipboard for pasting into a Web-based email or message board.
What is a tagline?

A tagline is a one-line joke, witticism, factoid, what have you. It can be about any subject (although it's good to ensure it's appropriate to the forum in question). The random quotes that can be found at the end of web pages like Slashdot or the MozDev home page could be considered taglines.

Install Tagzilla 0.066.2 for Seamonkey 2.0 and Thunderbird 3.0.
tagzilla-0.066.2.xpi

• [Updated] Now works in SeaMonkey 2.0 and Thunderbird 3.0 without problems.
  • Added a chrome.manifest to the XPI.
  • Activated the existing de-AT, de-DE, es-AR, fr-FR, and ru-RU locales.
  • Fixed various non-fatal error console messages.
  • Increased the width of the options dialog to 36em.
  • In the SeaMonkey message compose window CTRL-J invokes the Download Manager. We grab this key back for Tagzilla.
Phil
lazybones88

Post by lazybones88 »

Thanks, installed fine on SM 2.0.2 --now how about Cooliris for SM.

Thanks again,

JAS
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

lazybones88 wrote:Thanks, installed fine on SM 2.0.2 --now how about Cooliris for SM.

It's still closed source isn't it?

Phil
lazybones88

Post by lazybones88 »

Philip Chee wrote:
lazybones88 wrote:Thanks, installed fine on SM 2.0.2 --now how about Cooliris for SM.

It's still closed source isn't it?

Phil
Phil,
I wrote to them again and received this reply:
Hello:

Thanks for writing us about making CoolPreviews compatible with SeaMonkey.

I've forwarded your email to our lead developer to get his thoughts on this. I'm not sure how much SeaMonkey and Firefox 3.6 have been synced up in their code development. We had to do a bit of work to make CoolPreviews compatible with FF3.6, which is due to release in a couple of weeks.

Thanks so much for writing us, JS.

Kind regards,
Alec
ElTxolo

Post by ElTxolo »

Philip Chee wrote:Install Tagzilla 0.066.2 for Seamonkey 2.0 and Thunderbird 3.0.
tagzilla-0.066.2.xpi

• [Updated] Now works in SeaMonkey 2.0 and Thunderbird 3.0 without problems.
  • Added a chrome.manifest to the XPI.
  • Activated the existing de-AT, de-DE, es-AR, fr-FR, and ru-RU locales.
  • Fixed various non-fatal error console messages.
  • Increased the width of the options dialog to 36em.
  • In the SeaMonkey message compose window CTRL-J invokes the Download Manager. We grab this key back for Tagzilla.

Thanks =D>
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way - How to Report Bugs Effectively ;)
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240109 SeaMonkey/2.53.18.1
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240324 SeaMonkey/2.53.19 :lildevil:

~
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

therube wrote:JSView works in SeaMonkey 2, but not quite as fully as it did in SeaMonkey 1.
Possible to get the missing functionality back?

Starting basically here, http://forums.informaction.com/viewtopic.php?p=14586#p14586.

http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedmisc.html#jsview
JSView appears to have been abandoned by the author. It hasn't been updated since July 2008. I have taken the latest version from https://addons.mozilla.org/ and updated it for SeaMonkey 2.0+ and Firefox 3.5+.

Install JSview for Seamonkey 2.0 and Firefox 3.5+
jsview-2.0.5-mod.xpi

Updates:
  • [fix] Make JSView page info panes work in SeaMonkey 2.0 and Firefox 3.5.
  • [fix] Missing (??) file sizes in the JSView UI.

Known issues:
  • I don't have suitable graphics for the selector buttons in the Firefox PageInfo window so all you get is the generic squished PageInfo button.
Phil
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

Philip Chee wrote:Install JSview for Seamonkey 2.0 and Firefox 3.5+
jsview-2.0.5-mod.xpi

Updates:
  • [fix] Make JSView page info panes work in SeaMonkey 2.0 and Firefox 3.5.
  • [fix] Missing (??) file sizes in the JSView UI.
Known issues:
  • I don't have suitable graphics for the selector buttons in the Firefox PageInfo window so all you get is the generic squished PageInfo button.

Since I wrote, that I've updated the XPI to fix an issue discovered by a user:
computerfreaker wrote:Bug #2: Opening an embedded script from Tools -> Page Info -> Scripts doesn't actually open the embedded script - it opens the source for hxxp://www.undefined.com (link protocol changed in case the site's malicious; it doesn't appear to be, but I don't know for sure) instead. It looks like JSView tries to set an object to a certain JS file on the server; since the JS file isn't there, the object becomes undefined. Then, JSView tries opening the URL specified by the object; since the object is undefined, JSView opens the source for hxxp://www.undefined.com instead.

Please reinstall from the same URL: jsview-2.0.5-mod.xpi.

Phil
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

Abduction (Save As Image)
http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedmisc.html#saveasimage
Abduction (Save As Image) is an extension for Firefox that offers the possibility of capturing a complete Web page in one image in JPG or PNG. You may not only determine the file format, but also its compression, so you get a better relationship size and quality. The difference between Save As Image and a program to do screen shots resides in that this extension takes an image of the complete page (the complete one) even when part of it is not viewed due to its size. Save As Image is adds to your context menu the ability to save a page, frame, or part of either as an image.
Mod Notes: Everyone seems to hate the new versions of Abduction starting with v3.0. As such I've ported the last revision that everybody (except the author) prefers and brought back the old name: Save As Image.

Install Save As Image for Seamonkey 2.0:
abduction!-2.026-mod.xpi

Phil