Date and time of first post?

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
Yui

Date and time of first post?

Post by Yui »

The arrangement of the new forums is quite eye appealling and fairly usable, yet it lacks the simple arrangement of date and time of the first post for a topic. I can easily find what is the most popular post in a forum, but I cannot know, just by looking at the front page, the date and time of the post when published.
Stefan

Post by Stefan »

And you need to know this why?
Tony

Post by Tony »

Stefan wrote:And you need to know this why?

It could be nice to know to see how 'active' a subject is.

If, like now, I have been out of the office for a couple of weeks, and am deluged with a screenful of unread forum messages, I would be more likely to read a topic that has had 10 messages in the last day than a topic that has had 10 messages in the last 2 weeks.
Stefan

Post by Stefan »

Tony wrote:
Stefan wrote:And you need to know this why?

It could be nice to know to see how 'active' a subject is.

And how will seeing when the first post was made be more representative of an "active" post then the available info now, which is:
* Number of replies
* Number of views
* Date of latest post
Tony

Post by Tony »

Stefan wrote:And how will seeing when the first post was made be more representative of an "active" post then the available info now, which is:
* Number of replies
* Number of views
* Date of latest post

Because by having the start date, in addition to the number of posts and end date, will enable anyone to calculate the average number of posts per day.

It is this average which will then show an active topic that was only started one or two days ago as opposed to a topic, with the same number of posts, that has been going for weeks.