Places query syntax

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
bbawden

Re: Places query syntax

Post by bbawden »

Not sure if this has been posted, but I'd really like a way of viewing untagged bookmarks.
Something like

Code: Select all

place:folder=2ORfolder=5&queryType=1&terms=&excludeQueries=1&expandQueries=0

The trouble is the "terms" parameter can't be restricted to only search tags. Any ideas? Maybe a way of setting a default tag of "untagged" that automatically gets applied when you just click the bookmark star, although that wouldn't help with my many existing untagged bookmarks.
Oropher

Post by Oropher »

bbawden wrote:Not sure if this has been posted, but I'd really like a way of viewing untagged bookmarks.
Something like

place:folder=2ORfolder=5&queryType=1&terms=&excludeQueries=1&expandQueries=0

The trouble is the "terms" parameter can't be restricted to only search tags. Any ideas? Maybe a way of setting a default tag of "untagged" that automatically gets applied when you just click the bookmark star, although that wouldn't help with my many existing untagged bookmarks.

That's one of the 'nice to have' Places features that isn't getting much attention unfortunately...Bug 399799.
j_one_k

Post by j_one_k »

Thought I'd check in to see if there's any way to do the following:

Produce a list of all bookmarks in a particular folder, sorted by most visited.

place:sort=8&queryType=1&type=0&folder=5200&sort=8
does not work. I properly get a list of the bookmarks in that folder, but they do not obey the "sort=8", and are instead sorted the same as they are in the folder.

Replacing folder=5200, which indicates a normal bookmarks sub-folder, with folder=5202, a tag folder id, does not fix the problem. I still get a list of items in the tag, but the sorting is still not what I'd like.

Thanks for your help.
deadman36g

Post by deadman36g »

Could someone tell me if it is possbile to create a smart bookmark for 'Recently Closed Tabs'?
bur

Post by bur »

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but where do I enter these commands? Addressbar just gives a "protocol not known", same for bookmarks. I couldn't find anything regarding this, it always says "create a bookmark".

I'm using 3.1b3 - is that okay?
Alice0775

Post by Alice0775 »

A extension is now available to create complex wuery and edit it by Andy Halford.
SearchPlaces
Miccovin

Post by Miccovin »

Hi,

with type=6 I can list the tags. Is it possible to list the keywords, too?

Mic
BerBuck

Post by BerBuck »

Hi, was hoping somone could help me out here. I'm just wondering if its possible to make a folder that will only query a certain tag? So i could name the folder lets say, 'most visited sports sites' and i will only give results for sites that i've tagged 'sports'. If that makes sense, thanks!!
BerBuck

Post by BerBuck »

BerBuck wrote:Hi, was hoping somone could help me out here. I'm just wondering if its possible to make a folder that will only query a certain tag? So i could name the folder lets say, 'most visited sports sites' and i will only give results for sites that i've tagged 'sports'. If that makes sense, thanks!!

Anyone??
GRaphael

[Places query syntax] UNFILED_BOOKMARKS most recent first

Post by GRaphael »

I'm trying to list my unfiled bookmarks sorted by visit date, most recent first

place:folder=UNFILED_BOOKMARKS&sort=4&queryType=1

The above does not give the desired result.
However the following is good except for the fact that my bookmarks in my toolbar are included aswell.

place:folder=UNFILED_BOOKMARKS&folder=TOOLBAR&sort=4&queryType=1
CyberGhost

Post by CyberGhost »

Can anyone please tell me how to display only the tags I want to in one folder?

Say I have tags "forums" and "blogs" besides those two tags, I have many others.

I want to create a smart bookmark that displays only forums and blogs tags.
Max Karl Ernst

Post by Max Karl Ernst »

Easiest thing I could produce is something like

place:terms=forums&OR&terms=blogs&folder=BOOKMARKS_MENU&folder=TOOLBAR&folder=UNFILED_BOOKMARKS&expandQueries=0&queryType=1

It will probably hit some other bookmarks beside tags tho :oops:
CyberGhost

Post by CyberGhost »

Max Karl Ernst wrote:Easiest thing I could produce is something like

place:terms=forums&OR&terms=blogs&folder=BOOKMARKS_MENU&folder=TOOLBAR&folder=UNFILED_BOOKMARKS&expandQueries=0&queryType=1

It will probably hit some other bookmarks beside tags tho :oops:

Awesome! that worked Max.

Thank You!
DavidRegev

Re: [Places query syntax] UNFILED_BOOKMARKS most recent first

Post by DavidRegev »

GRaphael wrote:I'm trying to list my unfiled bookmarks sorted by visit date, most recent first

place:folder=UNFILED_BOOKMARKS&sort=4&queryType=1

The above does not give the desired result.

I think I have a solution. If you repeat ‘folder=UNFILED_BOOKMARKS’, the bookmark somehow appears now as a search instead of as a folder, and the sort parameter is respected. Thus, what you want is this:

place:folder=UNFILED_BOOKMARKS&folder=UNFILED_BOOKMARKS&sort=4&queryType=1

Yes, pretty strange.
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

bur wrote:Sorry if this is a stupid question, but where do I enter these commands? Addressbar just gives a "protocol not known", same for bookmarks. I couldn't find anything regarding this, it always says "create a bookmark".

I'm using 3.1b3 - is that okay?

Just started playing with this myself... it appears you create a new bookmark any which way you want, and make the location one of these queries. You'll need to restart Firefox in order to make the query work. At least, I do...
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.