nightly GTK2/XFT Linux/x86 builds available

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
calum

nightly GTK2/XFT Linux/x86 builds available

Post by calum »

If anyone's interested, I'm uploading nightly GTK2/XFT Linux/x86 builds of Firebird & Thunderbird, to:

http://rykros.ath.cx/~calum/mozilla/

The tar files are gzipped, about 11MB. Built with gcc-3.3 (glibc 2.3.1), so any C++ plugins (e.g. Sun's Java plugin) will need to be correspondingly built (e.g. the Sun plugin from SDK 1.4.2 beta). Non C++ plugins will work fine, of course.
teksaver

Post by teksaver »

works great thx
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.6b) Gecko/20031216 Firebird/0.7+ (Optimized for Athlon XP SSE by Yek)
teksaver

Post by teksaver »

is it just this build or there finaly is an icon for the app on the taskbar for Firebird?!!
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.6b) Gecko/20031216 Firebird/0.7+ (Optimized for Athlon XP SSE by Yek)
calum

Post by calum »

teksaver wrote:is it just this build or there finaly is an icon for the app on the taskbar for Firebird?!!

There is, but I can't get it to do anything. There's also proxy settings under Options, but they don't seem to relate to anything.
teksaver

Post by teksaver »

oups must have illspoken here
I mean it's the first time I see the little lizard on the tabs u use to reduce/maximize ur windows on the taskbar
Before that there was only a white icon, like every other app when no icon is set.

proxy setings are still under "connexion", I don't need them here but at uni they used to work. not tested with this build yet.
teksaver

Post by teksaver »

downloading now :)
calum

Post by calum »

teksaver wrote:oups must have illspoken here
I mean it's the first time I see the little lizard on the tabs u use to reduce/maximize ur windows on the taskbar
Before that there was only a white icon, like every other app when no icon is set.

proxy setings are still under "connexion", I don't need them here but at uni they used to work. not tested with this build yet.

Yup, I've seen the icon for a while...

As to my other points: I was stupidly referring to Thunderbird, which now has a big "M" mozilla icon on the main toolbar, but I can't get it to do anything.

Just uploading this morning's builds now; my nightly uploader failed, but that's now fixed. Builds will normally be uploaded around 0600 GMT.
chipi

Post by chipi »

thank you for this build!
Mpemba Effect

Post by Mpemba Effect »

work great here, and look damn good, thanks calum :)
phillytim

another thanks

Post by phillytim »

another big THANKS! for taking the time to create the build and put it up!

Running great here on Red Hat Linux 9.0
vladc

Post by vladc »

yep, same here, running perfectly on RH9
you're awesome, calum =]
nüblar
Ashitaka
Location: This is certainly a nifty trick. I wish I could put some HTML code here.

Post by Ashitaka »

Just got the latest build and it is schweet. Try enabling SVG, though. :)
(;´Д`) nani kore? ヽ(´ー`)ノ .sig desu yo!
koriordan

Release builds

Post by koriordan »

Can you include xft/gtk2 builds of 0.6.1 as well?
johann_p

Post by johann_p »

sorry for this being OT - but I really apreciated the nightly *Mozilla* XFT builds there!

A big THANK YOU to you calum!

Since the last build is from July, 22nd, allow the question - will you continue to provide nightly builds? :)

It is a pity that Mozilla.org does not provide regular XFT by their own, since pages with XFT enabled Mozilla look incredibly much better (incidently, why? there must be much more different than just the anti-aliasing, no?).

Is there a good reason why they do not provide XFT builds? I never had a problem with them ...
calum

Post by calum »

Ashitaka wrote:Just got the latest build and it is schweet. Try enabling SVG, though. :)

Is SVG available in the main tree? I thought it required a branch, which I'm not tracking...