TV guide listings page wont load?

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Firefox
notech

TV guide listings page wont load?

Post by notech »

and you gotta have that! Left frame is supposed to load flash program info about the shows. Also, there are supposed to be "tabs" at the top of the listings for two weeks of the schedule.

http://tvguide.com/listings/

Noticed when they changed their page a few months back. Had 0.9; then installed 093. Failed same. As did 1.0PR.

Have PREFS set correctly (i think); java and javascript enabled and flash installed? Disabled Adblock and allow popups as wel las not blocking any images.

Works with exploder *sigh*

Any ideas?

[winsuck XP]
Robert S.

Post by Robert S. »

I signed up and was able to load the listing but it did make my menus non-responsive.

*edited to add* I tried to open Tools - Options while viewing that page and Firefox became completely non-responsive. I'll query bugzilla to see if there is anything I can find regarding this site.

*edit 2* it appears there are quite a few <a href="https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=tvguide">bugs relating to tvguide.com</a>
notech

Post by notech »

Wow, thanks for the update!

Bug reports are not very useful. Guess it was never a high priority for "qa"
logan

Post by logan »

You could always try tv.yahoo.com, tonsa banners just like tvguide.com, but it's something...
notech

Re: TV guide listings page wont load?

Post by notech »

notech wrote:and you gotta have that! Left frame is supposed to load flash program info about the shows. Also, there are supposed to be "tabs" at the top of the listings for two weeks of the schedule.

http://tvguide.com/listings/

Noticed when they changed their page a few months back. Had 0.9; then installed 093. Failed same. As did 1.0PR.

Have PREFS set correctly (i think); java and javascript enabled and flash installed? Disabled Adblock and allow popups as wel las not blocking any images.

Works with exploder *sigh*

Any ideas?

[winsuck XP]

Resolved this by REMOVING in this order (don't know if order matters):
1) ADblock (Tools|Extentions) then,
2) my chrome and extentions folders in my profile directory:
C:\Documents and Settings\notech\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox (saving to desktop just in case) then,
3) Control Panel|Add Remove Programs|Firefox0.93

I then INSTALLED fresh FF1.0PR and now TV guide page works as expected.... as do flash enabled pages that before were broke like www.jayfarrar.net.
jediknight2

Post by jediknight2 »

I have no problem with this page, as I go there daily myself . I just went there again and everything is fine.