Rebuilding TBE's featureset with other plugins, II

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
ieremiou

Post by ieremiou »

I was playing with the Tab X Extension XPI and added the remove Tab Button userChrome hider and I replaced the Button usage to the one that Moonwolf had developed in his earlier version of Tab X. I call it Tab X 0.3.1 but I haven't really done anything much cept hack and slash the two packages together. From what I can tell it works just fine. It looks pretty too since it uses the current themes Tab Button (that was hidden of course.)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20050922 Firefox/1.6a1 - Build ID: 2005092210
Jeff_pony

Post by Jeff_pony »

Do any of these extensions give you the option to place tabs at the bottom of the screen?
Please PM the mod team when you see a rule infraction
Life State:: McLovin it
Camino v2.1 (pre)
ieremiou

Post by ieremiou »

Not that I know of... I don't know what would be needed to be done to make such a thing happen. I've never seen an extension like that.. I don't think TBE has that but then I haven't used it in a while.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20050922 Firefox/1.6a1 - Build ID: 2005092210
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

Which extension is it that lets you set up scrolling tabs for when there are a ton of tabs, so you can see them all? Also, which one allows you to move them around to change the order of tabs?

If it is Mini-T, I'd like to wait until the single window parts are taken out, and it is made "1.0 friendly".
TheOneKEA

Post by TheOneKEA »

ieremiou wrote:Not that I know of... I don't know what would be needed to be done to make such a thing happen. I've never seen an extension like that.. I don't think TBE has that but then I haven't used it in a while.

#content > tabbox {
-moz-box-direction: reverse;
}

All that's needed is some programmatic code to set the style property for a given <tabbox/>.
Proud user of teh Fox of Fire
Registered Linux User #289618
ieremiou

Post by ieremiou »

Ok, I uploaded my Modified version of Tab X 0.3-- named Tab X+ 0.3.
* Changes from official Tab X 0.3
-- Add the modifications for the Tab X Button to be replaced by the current Tab Closer theme button (Moonwolf from Tab X 0.2)
-- Added into css the ability to hide the Tabbar Closer Button (Thanks to Moonwolf for showing me what to do)

Tab X+ 0.3 [Link]
Hosted on extensionsmirrors.nl now :)

It will install over the official Tab X 0.3 without any difficulties.

--Thoughts---
- Learn how to make a Pref interface to enable and disable stuff.
- Incorporate the Basics (New Tab Button on Tabbar) extension
- Start to incorpate some of the Tabbar Stuff into a newish extension codenamed Tabbar Perfs :p.

Just thoughts.. no promises.

10/18/04
Last edited by ieremiou on October 18th, 2004, 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
dorando

Post by dorando »

sasquatch wrote:Which extension is it that lets you set up scrolling tabs for when there are a ton of tabs, so you can see them all?

Scrollable Tabs or Flowing Tabs, whatever you meant.

sasquatch wrote:Also, which one allows you to move them around to change the order of tabs?

miniT or variants.

sasquatch wrote:If it is Mini-T, I'd like to wait until the single window parts are taken out, and it is made "1.0 friendly".

Uhm, there are no "single window parts" in miniT...
thenightfly42

Post by thenightfly42 »

dorando wrote:
sasquatch wrote:If it is Mini-T, I'd like to wait until the single window parts are taken out, and it is made "1.0 friendly".

Uhm, there are no "single window parts" in miniT...

I'm having no issues with miniT on the latest nightlies, so go for it.
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

Does Mini-T do what Scrollable Tabs or Flowing Tabs does? If so, maybe I'll give it a try.

I think the version I had died, and I thought it was a dead extension for a while.
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

Tab-X and Duplicate Tab seem to have a conflict. See the other post on Duplicate Tab to see what's happening.

11/12/2004 edit: They both now seem to be working OK with latest versions (Duplicate Tab 0.3.2 and Tab X 0.5).
Last edited by sasquatch on November 12th, 2004, 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Defiler

Post by Defiler »

My laptop doesn't have a middle mouse button (IBM Thinkpad X40), so I use the Control key as a modifier. In TBE, this allows me to ctrl-click on a link, and have it open in a background tab.
I've tried to duplicate this functionality with TBP, MiniT, and Tab Clicking Options, but I haven't found a combination that works.
Does anyone have a suggestion?
Hidea

Here's what I fant

Post by Hidea »

- Open new tabs from external application (background)
- open new backgroudn tabs from addressbar/seach bar (result/entry)
- Focus without clicking
- Undo close tab
- Middle click to close tab
- Keeping one firefox window, except special links, such as "javascript" and such.... (opened window will be automatically resized)
Schrade

Post by Schrade »

ieremiou, can you modify your TabX + so that you have the option to enable/disable the default close X instead of just removing it completely? undoclosetab uses that particular spot to undo closed tabs. (middle click on the X)
"Linux is for those who hate Windows, BSD is for those who love Unix." -Some Guy
Try my themes: QuBranch and QuTrunk
Fix Firefox's Resized image scrolling speed: <b>Bug 163975</b>
tombik

Post by tombik »

Nobody talks about Focus issues of TBE:
Without TBE I´m unable to handle the focus. That means that every link opened in TB openes nice in a new tab but brings FX in foreground - REALLY annoying. :twisted:
Is there any setting I don´t see yet?
And also this not used left blank tab is not really nice... :(

Thanks in advance

Tombik
TheOneKEA

Re: Here's what I fant

Post by TheOneKEA »

Hidea wrote:- Open new tabs from external application (background)
- open new backgroudn tabs from addressbar/seach bar (result/entry)
- Focus without clicking
- Keeping one firefox window, except special links, such as "javascript" and such.... (opened window will be automatically resized)

http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=112

Hidea wrote:- Undo close tab

http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=226

Hidea wrote:- Middle click to close tab

http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=1028

http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=777 is a master list.
Proud user of teh Fox of Fire
Registered Linux User #289618