Net Reset Error driving me nuts!!

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
Blue Harry

Post by Blue Harry »

I've put about 4 topics on this forum about this error..

I believe there must be someone out there who can tell me what to do.

So, i give it one more try:

This" net reset error, document contains no data" happens when i click on links.
Not on one but on most of the sites i visit.
I have tried the advise in the sticky notes, FAQ, but it didn't help.
I use: XP, Panda Titanium, Sygate, Prevx, Ad-Aware, spybot and CCleaner..
All of them were reinstalled etc..

I really like firefox but this trouble's got 2 stop!

Thanx
calfor

Hi

Post by calfor »

I dislike more then ever when no one replies to my posts, but that has only happened twice but the worst that can happen is when someone replies and then not even Help YOU... yes, I thought that since no one was replying to you and since I don't know the answer I thought I would post to you and just encourage you to find the answer by just emailing the Firefox people that put Firefox out, in the 1st place! I've had that problem with one box that popped up when I clicked on links and it just went away and never did that again.
But I have a Problem myself: I Cannot download ANYTHING - I was just going to download a piece of Software and it just Wouldn't!!! I've kept trying and it just doesn't work. A blank page comes up and says: This object has been blocked...... I 've gone into the Options a few times to see what I can change to get this feature back. I love downloading the way Firefox does!
I TRIED TO UPLOAD THE NEW FIREFOX UPDATE and I CAN'T UPLOAD THAT EVEN! I NEED HELP TOO!!
Thank YOU!
I was temped to do that too(email Support) when I started to have Problems with this brower that I had with Opera. They Falsely advertised on their Web Site that their browser is SAFE(secure). Ya Right?? So I browse to sites to find things for my safety and low and behold I learn that my browsing wasn't SAFE to begin with(why in Options do they have checked SSL 2.0 and 3.0 and TLS 1 when it DOESN'T work to encrypt, when we put type in URL's to go out on the Internet?). Thats MISleading!! To say the Least! That was very Stressfull!! Then I learned to browse Anonymously, I have to go get a Proxy and then I did and then I learned the Proxy wasn't SSL through the Proxy tunnel when it is retrieving the Web Sites!!! Then I learned as well, that to have a Truely anonymous proxy you have to get a High Anonymous one that hides your Browser type And your IP. THEN I learned another thing - you can find them, but hardly ANY of them really work. The anonymous ones are no good. When I do get a High Anonymous Proxy it doesn't Work. I box comes up and says something like - You can't access this page...
Then if that Weren't ENOUGH! I learned that I had to go to www.stunnel.com to get the SSL to encrypt the proxy tunnel. I clicked on a download link and it took me to a page of links and then I couldn't Figure which one to upload and then I saw one and uploaded it to my computer -- then I clicked on it, in Windows Explorer and it JUST Wouldn't Open. So it was VERY Frustrating to say the Least. I would even PAY the Firefox people to REALLY GIVE me a SECURE brower just to begin with instead of going around and around in circles Going NO Where!!! Now I have to email the Stunnel people to ask them what link to use, to download it to work. Oh, do I Ever email to people tooo Much!!
Now I am starting to really wish the computer wasn't invented! I know what I am going to do - go find a service that you Pay for, that gives you all that Included! People on Web Sites say that SSL is Very Strong and no one can break into it ---- I've heard Different!! Hackers that have the $$$$ and the Time Can crack it. You just need something Stronger, that they can't figure out!

I hope your problem is solved! There is nothing more annoying then the popup's that popup that tell you something you DON'T need to see that concerns Nothing; right in the middle of your work
(Except for the advertisers ads, that is). They should invent something that lets you know something is wrong and it popups in the corner of the Screen and then you click on it and then it tells you right then and there, what is the matter and HOW to Fix it!!!! Once I had to even REboot my whole computer to get rid of one of them and a few others just stopped doing that by uninstalling some software. Maybe just put your Bookmarks in Windows Explorer and just reinstall Firefox. I've heard there is other browsers like opera and Firefox, but I'm afraid to use them. They probably have the same lies that it is secure to get you to download it. I REALLY like the Features of Firefox a Lot though...I still use I.E. and Really like 2 browers, so I can have 2 Homepages...
calfor

Re: Net Reset Error driving me nuts!!

Post by calfor »

Blue Harry wrote:I've put about 4 topics on this forum about this error..

I believe there must be someone out there who can tell me what to do.

So, i give it one more try:

This" net reset error, document contains no data" happens when i click on links.
Not on one but on most of the sites i visit.
I have tried the advise in the sticky notes, FAQ, but it didn't help.
I use: XP, Panda Titanium, Sygate, Prevx, Ad-Aware, spybot and CCleaner..
All of them were reinstalled etc..

I really like firefox but this trouble's got 2 stop!

Thanx

Now I remember that I got 'document has no data' too as well. I'm sorry I can't remember how I got rid of it. I think what it was , was the links you clicked weren't working and thus a box would pop up and say that the 'document had no data' - I think anyway. Thanks for posting!
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

Too much anger in this thread.
A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
Blue Harry

Post by Blue Harry »

What a story, can't say nobody's interested.........

But, the error is still freaking me out..

Can anyone help me out or suggest another, better, browser?

Caramba..
Thera

Post by Thera »

It's Panda, for the time being you can disable it while browsing.

But more importantly you must write them an email detailing your problem. Panda has been good about addressing issues in the past. email = techsupport.usa@pandasoftware.com

Let's hope they can fix it soon.
Blue Harry

Post by Blue Harry »

Thanks thera, i will contact them.. I'll let you know!
Blue Harry

Post by Blue Harry »

YES!!

Problems are fixed now!!
I sent panda an e-mail, they sent me a program and it did the trick..

Thanx a lot...

Happy Blue Harry!
Thera

Post by Thera »

Nice... I got the same message today and Firefox is working great! Here's the email for you other guys searching for an answer. Be advised that this is for the Panda DLL file mentioned below. If you're using other software then please be careful if you decide to use this utility.

Hello,

Please extract the attached zip file to the desktop then double click on
LSPfix.exe. Once the program opens click on the finish button on the
lower right. You will get a summary of things fixed, reboot your pc and
try to get online.
If you still have trouble Open the program again check the "I know what
I'm doing" box then On the left side of the screen highlight the file
called PAVLSP.DLL then click on the >> button to move that file to the
remove section on the right, click the finish button on the lower right,
reboot the system and reinstall the panda software.

Thank you!

The program they sent is: LSPFix.exe.

Search keywords: Panda, Document contains no data, net reset
Zubi

What the heck is Panda

Post by Zubi »

I have the same problem....go here, go there, no pages just blank screeen. What is Panda? All I know is I'm using XP with Zone Alarm and Ghost Surf. I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it just gets worse each time. Finally I went back to IE. Any suggesions?
Deerfoot

Net reset error; document contains no data

Post by Deerfoot »

Thanks to Thera, I now see a light at the end of the tunnel! I have been having the same troubles as on this page of postings and it's been driving me mad, especially as I'm trying to run my business.
I recently bought Panda Platinum Internet Security and believe it to be very good - except for this blip.
Since reading Thera and Harry Blue's postings, I have downloaded the LSPFix.exe.
Do I have to uninstall Panda or can I just disable it whilst I run LSPFix?
It took 40 minutes to download Panda when I first bought it - took a huge chunk of time out of my broadband allowance!
Look forward to an answer and getting everything working smoothly.
Thank you again, Thera and "Happy" Harry.
Never give up.
Deerfoot

Post by Deerfoot »

Zubi: here's the URl if you want to check out Panda's products: www.pandasoftware.com
Never give up.
Thera

Post by Thera »

No need to uninstall. Just remove the noted entry with LSPFix.exe

By the way Harry and I are using Panda Titanium. I would guess that Panda Platinum is the same. It appears that the error occurs when someone is using a web proxy program of some sort (filtering web traffic).
Deerfoot

Post by Deerfoot »

Thank you VERY much Thera for your quick reply and your help. Like Harry, I am VERY HAPPY now as the problem seems to have been resolved. What a huge relief! It was really getting me down. I can now go into my Leads Manager and move around as in the-days-before-Panda. Haven't tried much else yet but I believe it should be fine. Now I'll be able to help someone else who may have the same problem in the future.
Thank you and very best wishes. :D
Never give up.
Jome

Post by Jome »

Thera wrote:Nice... I got the same message today and Firefox is working great! Here's the email for you other guys searching for an answer. Be advised that this is for the Panda DLL file mentioned below. If you're using other software then please be careful if you decide to use this utility.

The program they sent is: LSPFix.exe.

SWEET, thanks a lot!
Seems to be working without even restarting Firefox, nor the computer..