MozillaZine

Quit confirmation

Discussion of features in Mozilla Firefox
Perc

Post Posted November 19th, 2002, 3:26 pm

I think a good ide would be making phoenix ask for confirmation when the user tries to close the whole program and has more than one tab loaded.

Anyone who accidentally has pressed alt-f4 after finished reading one tab and lost the rest of the 10 already googled and waiting to be read knows what I'm talking about :)

Sir Rufus

Post Posted November 19th, 2002, 5:03 pm

There's a loooooong discussion about this in the General forum. I liked Matt34's post on page 10--ask for confirmation, and inlcude a checkbox to kill the confirmation box in the future.

laszlo

Post Posted November 19th, 2002, 5:14 pm

Instead of waiting for a solution, install the Tabbrowser Extensions. They give you exactly this option.

aspr1n

Post Posted November 19th, 2002, 6:39 pm

hmm laszlo,

I'm not sure what I'm more impressed with - your extentions or your site's xhtml/css support ;-)

I think that must be a textbook example!

asp
"any activity becomes creative when the doer cares about doing it right or doing it better".

laszlo

Post Posted November 19th, 2002, 6:51 pm

Oh, that wasn't me: [url=mailto:piro@p.club.ne.jp]Piro[/url] is the developer of the Tabbrowser Extensions and designer of this site. I'm just a grateful user promoting his extension where appropriate :wink:

leoz

Post Posted November 19th, 2002, 9:26 pm

laszlo wrote:Instead of waiting for a solution, install the Tabbrowser Extensions. They give you exactly this option.

Unfortunately, the option only works for some ways of closing the window. With the option set, I get the warning if I hit Ctrl-Shift-W to close the window, but not when I click on the x in top-right corner. I think Piro's site even mentions the fact that he doesn't hook into the native ways of closing a window.

Still better than nothing.

Stefan

Post Posted November 20th, 2002, 2:35 am

aspr1n wrote:hmm laszlo,

I'm not sure what I'm more impressed with - your extentions or your site's xhtml/css support ;-)

I think that must be a textbook example!

asp

However with pages that long I would consider using the entire width of the screen below the menu section.
Right now I have 30 pages of text (on my 19" monitor...) that only covers half the screenwidth. Kind of wastfull IMO :)

Don't even want to iamgine how that looks on a 15" at 640 res...

old Neil Parks

Post Posted November 20th, 2002, 9:43 am

Perc wrote:I think a good ide would be making phoenix ask for confirmation when the user tries to close the whole program and has more than one tab loaded.

Tabbed Browser Extension actually tries to do that--but it doesn't work! Whether I say OK or Cancel, Phoenix exits.

hubbah

Post Posted November 27th, 2002, 3:15 pm

Definitely a confirmation of quitting with tabs open would be great. Oh, the many tabs I've lost!

Return to Firefox Features