2003-05-27 Windows, OSX & Linux builds Available

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
mscott

2003-05-27 Windows, OSX & Linux builds Available

Post by mscott »

Soon to be found at:
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/thunderbird/ ... 5-27-trunk

Thanks to macrxnapa for donating the Mach-O build.
Thanks to andred as always for donating the linux build.

This build contains:
1) New mail 3-pane toolbar icons from Arvid!
2) Support for showing 'small icons' in the mail 3-pane window via the Customize Toolbars dialog.
3) Support for hiding / showing toolbar text in the mail 3-pane window via the customize Toolbars dialog.
4) New look for the folder pane and address book directory pane
5) Throbber from the Mozilla Firebird Qute theme has been brought over.
6) Font prefs dialog should be working again for those of you that had a XUL parsing error in the last build. It still takes a long time to paint the font panel. Bug has been filed in bugzilla.

Hmm those are all the "release notes" I can think of for right now.

I'm pretty excited about this build. Arvid is doing a great job developing the new theme. I think these toolbar icons look great.

Enjoy,
-Scott
Last edited by mscott on June 3rd, 2003, 9:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Thunderbirds are Go!
mscott

Post by mscott »

Unfortunately the QUTE throbber is an mng file. This means thunderbird needs the mng decoder now. This decoder is huge: 344k. That's a huge price to pay to get an animated icon. I'm going to look into getting it in a different format so we don't need the mng decoder.
Thunderbirds are Go!
Mister Mr.

Re: 2003-05-27 Windows and OSX Mach-O builds Available

Post by Mister Mr. »

mscott wrote:This build contains:
2) Support for showing 'small icons' in the mail 3-pane window via the Customize Toolbars dialog.

sweet. :)
mscott wrote:3) Support for hiding / showing toolbar text in the mail 3-pane window via the customize Toolbars dialog.

nice. :D
mscott wrote:5) Throbber from the Mozilla Firebird Qute theme has been brought over.
6) Font prefs dialog should be working again for those of you that had a XUL parsing error in the last build. It still takes a long time to paint the font panel. Bug has been filed in bugzilla.

I'm pretty excited about this build. Arvid is doing a great job developing the new theme. I think these toolbar icons look great.

Enjoy,
-Scott

LUSCIOUS!!! :mrgreen:

mscott wrote:Unfortunately the QUTE throbber is an mng file. This means thunderbird needs the mng decoder now. This decoder is huge: 344k. That's a huge price to pay to get an animated icon. I'm going to look into
getting it in a different format so we don't need the mng decoder.

DOH!!! :cry:
Just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents...keep the change.
Gena01

Post by Gena01 »

Very nice build indeed. Small icons with text look great. However in Address Book, File Menu...
it has New -> and right after it Close.... and also has an Exit at the very end... this is confusing.. I selected Exit.. and it closed thunderbird... isn't it better to move the Close in the place of Exit... and remove Exit from that menu altogether?

Oh I still get a warning in JavaScript console...

Error: redeclaration of const MSG_FOLDER_FLAG_TRASH
Source File: chrome://messenger/content/commandglue.js
Line: 1

and when I click on that line... i get a new window that pops up.. and I get some more errors.. that look like:
Error: document.getElementById("cmd_goToLine") has no properties
Source File: chrome://navigator/content/viewsource.js
Line: 169

Gena01
ekettunen

Post by ekettunen »

These new icons look awesome! Great work guys, I haven't had any problems so far. :D
xnb

Post by xnb »

The icons are beatyfull :D
mscott

Post by mscott »

A linux build courtesty of Andred is also now available in the same directory. As with all builds from Andred, this is built with GTK2, libxft and GLIBC 2.3.

None of these are required to build thunderbird on linux, but that's what Andre uses.

-Scott
Thunderbirds are Go!
TrueDis

Post by TrueDis »

The File button (I had to add it manually) doesn't seem to work ... it just pulls up an empty menu. Is it not implemented yet?
RIV@NVX

Re: 2003-05-27 Windows, OSX & Linux builds Available

Post by RIV@NVX »

mscott wrote:This build contains:
3) Support for hiding / showing toolbar text in the mail 3-pane window via the customize Toolbars dialog.
5) Throbber from the Mozilla Firebird Qute theme has been brought over.

Enjoy,
-Scott

New icons look amazing! :D
Why would you even consider to use the OS that is older and more obsolete than your computer?
See, that's just one of the reasons why I pick Linux.
stickedy

Post by stickedy »

The Icons look indeed very good, but I would suggest that the "Default Set" of the toolbars is set to "Icons and Text" & "Use Small Icons".

I now use Thunderbird since one month and with all builds since then as my default mail-program and I must say, that there aren't occuring any serious errors or bugs. At least I didn't notice them.

So I have to say: great work!
AlexIhrig

Post by AlexIhrig »

In the new build 27-5-2003 (win32) you've changed the folders pane.
From now on there are no "Total" and "Unread" columns - is this correct, or a bug?

Greetings

Alex
loec01

new icons

Post by loec01 »

the new icons are soooo much better then the old one! However, just one thing I like to suggest: I think it would be nicer when the "reply", "reply all" and "forward" icons are a little more identical, that is more matching colors and the envelop.
RIV@NVX

Post by RIV@NVX »

I don't know if this is important or worth reporting, but I will put it here: right on application startup, before the mailbox is opened, window title is "Mail & Newsgroups" (and later it changes to Thunderbird).
Why would you even consider to use the OS that is older and more obsolete than your computer?
See, that's just one of the reasons why I pick Linux.
Mistbird

Post by Mistbird »

RIV@NVX wrote:I don't know if this is important or worth reporting, but I will put it here: right on application startup, before the mailbox is opened, window title is "Mail & Newsgroups" (and later it changes to Thunderbird).

Notice it too. But it only last for a few seconds, then change into Thunderbird.
Thy Bird of Flame Shall Rise,
Thou Shall Feel thy fiery flames.
nilson

Post by nilson »

Thanks for a new build, mscott! :)

BTW, check out my site I made for Thunderbird: Thunderbird Site