[Ext] Autofill Forms - Fill out web forms automatically.

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Trombonneh

Re: [Ext] Autofill Forms - Fill out web forms automatically.

Post by Trombonneh »

HELP NEEDED
I have downloaded the program Autofill Forms but I cannot register to their website... they say my account does not exist.
Can anyone help ?
Thanks
A.
adoucette

Post by adoucette »

Is it possible to specify which field will be active after the form is filled out (i.e.: where the cursor will be after the auto-fill happens)?
Thanks,
Ari
liav

Post by liav »

Hey, I need help, I have just added to my Add-Ons on FireFox Browser, and I dont understand how can I will "turn on" this or what I should do that this will be automatically fill forms, without or with any shortcut maybe on clicking or something else....
Of course, I have Defined everything that he will autofill this form....
I mean, How I can enable the AutoFill to be automatically fill the form when there is a form...?
My friend says me that he can do it and show me a Screen picture... But I cant and didnt find this... ](*,)
Can You please help?

Thanks!! :?:
adoucette

Post by adoucette »

Many ways to do this. When you're on a page with forms you just either:
1) just click the icon in your toolbar that looks like a pencil
2) right click page --> select autofill forms
3) press "Alt + j" on the keyboard
MiniCocos

Post by MiniCocos »

hi. this looks good, but is this Extension secure when it fill the fields self?
liav

Post by liav »

OK, Thanks.
I have partially success with this issue...
I have one more question, I have success to create a auto fill form for a site and when I click on the Icon and choosing the profile that the autofill will need to fill with him... But on other sites it doesn't work... I want the autofill will fill the form on each site and site, How Can I do this?

Thanks for helping ! :)
adoucette

Post by adoucette »

read the instructions, liav
adoucette

Post by adoucette »

MiniCocos wrote:hi. this looks good, but is this Extension secure when it fill the fields self?

I don't know...
Have you considered KeePass?
http://lifehacker.com/184774
yikesi69

Post by yikesi69 »

dear i from china i want ask this question
why AutoFill Forms can't fill the fields "password", and so many people could not understanding this
give me a answer thanks
liav

Post by liav »

adoucette wrote:read the instructions, liav

Thanks adoucette, I have understand that it is on the Field Rule.

Thanks for helping,
Liav :)
merwin

Post by merwin »

Hi,

I installed the fill forms and it works just fine. Thanks for this incredible add-on. Just a question, is it possible to increase the size of "fill out forms" > "select profile" dialog box ?

Thanks,
Merwin
NetWorker

Post by NetWorker »

I recently had trouble with this extension. I could not get it to fill forms at all. It would go through the process, ask me to select between two alternatives (both blank), select a value from a drop down list on the page, etc, but would not enter any data into any fields other than those I specifically selected. I concentrated on a single field, "First Name" and jerked the rule around, looked at the source of the page I was trying to fill, tried different profiles... just could not get it to work. In desperation, I clicked on "Reset all profiles", then put some data in the default profile and found that it was working again. But now I had to re-enter all the profile data.

Any idea what might have caused this condition? I had not altered most of the default rules, maybe one or two. Any debugging options to see what is going on?

I suggest an option to "Reset all rules" instead of/in addition to "Reset all profiles".
sdagfk

Post by sdagfk »

exit240 wrote:"Once you select a column to sort the rules in a profile - for example to review/group rules by a Value, Rule or Name - they lose what may have been a finely-tuned order, reestablished only by manually repositioning each Rule."
-- In other words, after clicking a column heading, a profile name is no longer associated with its corresponding data! This is very disconcerting, to say the least! !

Same problem here. Totaly annoying -.-

Are there any other alternatives?
jamesd553

Post by jamesd553 »

What if I have multiple profiles that I want to submit into the same form. Can I create a list on excel and then use autofill to submit them?
llev

Post by llev »

Hi,

When trying to fill the test form, http://autofillforms.mozdev.org/test.html , the Username gets filled with my Full Name, and Street Line 2 gets filled with my Full address. I guess it's because "user_name" is matched by (?:name)|(?:nom) (the default field rule I got for Full Name after installing), so I tried to change the regexp into (?:(?:name)|(?:nom))(?!user) but that doesn't work. (And similarly for street.) I can't find the exact syntax of these regexps. Can anyone point me to some tutorial? (I know a bit on regexps, but never saw this (?:) and (?!) stuff.)

Thanks