The Official 2004-10-23 [Br/Tr] builds are out

Discussion about official Mozilla Thunderbird builds
Mad Maks

The Official 2004-10-23 [Br/Tr] builds are out

Post by Mad Maks »

mscott wrote:Starting with today's 10/18 builds, you can now help test one of our new 0.9 features, saved search folders (aka virtual folders). A saved search folder looks like a regular mail folder but when you click on it, it runs a pre-determined search on arbitrary search criteria and arbitrary mail folders and shows you the results, creating the effect of a 'virtua' folder.

See http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=147144 for more information.

-Scott

The Official 2004-10-23 Branch builds
Win setup, Win Zip, Linux and Mac.

The Official 2004-10-23 Trunk builds
Win Setup, Win Zip, Linux and Mac.

Red is not yet out at the editing time of this thread.
Green is out at the editing time of this thread.

The previous official build thread was ->2004-10-22.

These are changes between 2004-09-22 and now
Both fixes for MailNews and Thunderbird are included

If you find problems/bugs:
  1. Post them in this thread
  2. Properly describe the problem
  3. Include the url where you have the problem (if this is the case)
  4. Include the "about mozilla thunderbird" information (under the help button)
  5. Installer build or .zip version?
  6. Did you completely erase the Thunderbird directory first?
  7. Does a new profile fix the problem?
  8. Include the list of extensions you have installed (preferably none to start with)
This makes it a lot easier for others to duplicate your problem.

Fixes: target = in [ ]
  1. BOTH:#265481Not reloading virtual folder after dismissing the properties dialog [Win]
  2. BOTH:#239984[OSX] "Minimize Window" and "Zoom Window" in the "Window" menu, cannot be chosen. [Mac]
  3. BOTH:#234765The scroll bar in the advanced address search in the address book has no effect [Win]

Patches:
  1. BOTH:#239168junk mails are being fully classified only after manual "Run junk mail controls on Folder" [Win]
  2. BOTH:#254947MailNews should rebuild corrupted/outdated Inbox summary .msf file before fetching new mail [Lin]
  3. BOTH:#214663Thunderbird localization problems, package structure incompatibility with Mozilla and Firebird [All]
  4. BOTH:#261199UI for defining and editing virtual folders [All]
  5. BOTH:#265307Group mode gets messed up if a group is open when you load the folder [Win]
  6. BRANCH:#244522Selecting address book recipient from list before LDAP finishes lookup causes 'Enter' to not behave as expected [Win]
  7. BRANCH:#245532Thunderbird sometimes doesn't recognize that it is no longer the default mail client [Win]
  8. BRANCH:#254462Thunderbird changes for Proper Software Update [Win]
  9. BRANCH:#250828When i use global inbox, thunderbird does not use localized string "Inbox". [All]
  10. BRANCH:#263546Security risk: TB uses IE to open javascript pop-up in news-feed items [Win]
  11. BRANCH:#263678Sort by Date, Descending, Grouped by Sort results in wrong order of groups and mails [Win]
  12. BRANCH:#265481Not reloading virtual folder after dismissing the properties dialog [Win]
  13. TRUNK:#41929can't have multiple accounts with same pop/imap server and username, even if port is different [All]
  14. TRUNK:#11051Virtual folders / mailboxes (as in Novell (Ximian) Evolution, Opera, or Google GMail labels) [All]
  15. TRUNK:#256599useMatchingHostNameServer pref is ignored [Win]
  16. TRUNK:#258600RFE: line-through deleted IMAP messages (PATCH) [All]
  17. TRUNK:#232080remove printf for "need to reset thread root key" [All]

Known issues:

1. BRANCH:#121946Need to escape "From " line in the msg body when saving or copying msgs. [All]
  2. BRANCH:#121947Need to unescape "From " lines in the msg body before displaying them to the UI. [All]
  3. BRANCH:#194382sequence "bla-bla.\nFrom" in plaintext attachments becomes "bla-bla.\n>From" [All]
  4. BRANCH:#239264 Intermittent Unsent Messages Will Not Send
  5. BRANCH:#252643--enable-extensions=cookie causes XML errors in thunderbird UI [Lin]
  6. BRANCH:#255453cannot seem to cleanly delete RSS feeds [All]
  7. BRANCH:#262408POP3 mail duplicates with Leave Messages on Server - Only on one account from 3! [Win]
  8. BRANCH:#263573memory leak when checking rss feeds [Lin]
  9. BRANCH:#264605crash when dragging a virtual folder into another local folder [@ nsMsgAccountManager::SaveVirtualFolders] [All]
  10. BRANCH:#264852View Source produces XML Parse Error in viewSource.xul [All]
  11. BOTH:#158679 Shortcut keys do not work if caps lock on
  12. BOTH:#228649Unable to download mail from pop3 server caused by junk email [Win]
  13. BOTH:#244601Mail inside local mailbox lost after getting mail from POP3 server [Win]
  14. BOTH:#245917 About Mozilla Thunderbird or About Thunderbird, pick one
  15. BOTH:#247154Inline vCard Editing UI Lacks Home Address Editing [Win]
  16. BOTH:#253268cannot mark mail as unread after opening from search window [Win]
  17. BOTH:#254930email address not correctly imported from Outlook contacts with Exchange email address [Win]
  18. TRUNK:#245430 Investigate static build version of thunderbird
  19. TRUNK:#243701Thunderbird freezes / crashes after inactivity [Lin]

Thunderbird 0.9 bugstatus for ALL operating systems: (=day of last update)
Bugs verified targeted for Thunderbird 0.9 =19 (20)
Bugs targeted for 0.9 and FIXED =48 (45)

This is my attempt to clone the famous daily fixlist originally started by Peter(6) on the Firefox Builds page. All credit goes to Peter(6).
Thunderbird NL
Mozilla Thunderbird NL 0.8
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.3) Gecko/20040911 Firefox/0.10.1
windows 2000 /linux (linspire)
Jadugar

Post by Jadugar »

Got a question, I haven't updated my Tunderbird from 0.8 (20040916). So I was wondering if upgrading to the latest nightly will be ok? I have'nt been following thunderbird development for a long time and just wanted to make sure the current code is usable and not broken. I have used nightlies previously and know how to use them so that's not a problem/concern.
cityfan

Post by cityfan »

Jadugar wrote:Got a question, I haven't updated my Tunderbird from 0.8 (20040916). So I was wondering if upgrading to the latest nightly will be ok? I have'nt been following thunderbird development for a long time and just wanted to make sure the current code is usable and not broken. I have used nightlies previously and know how to use them so that's not a problem/concern.

Recent nightly builds have been just fine.
GrailKnight

Post by GrailKnight »

Other than that View Source error everything else is running fine.
Hopefully that bug will be fixed soon.
I am using my 2 week old Profile which is a personal record for me.

Thanks for the updates Mad Maks.
"There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact". - Sherlock Holmes
rworkman

Post by rworkman »

GrailKnight:
Have you REALLY had that much trouble with old profiles not working correctly when upgrading? I haven't hosed a profile since the 0.7 upgrade, and IIRC, it was related to my extensions...

Of course, now that I've run my mouth, I'll probably have every profile at home and work stop functioning - that seems to be the pattern... :-)
RW
GrailKnight

Post by GrailKnight »

robw810 wrote:GrailKnight:
Have you REALLY had that much trouble with old profiles not working correctly when upgrading? I haven't hosed a profile since the 0.7 upgrade, and IIRC, it was related to my extensions...

Of course, now that I've run my mouth, I'll probably have every profile at home and work stop functioning - that seems to be the pattern... :-)
RW

No problems with old Profiles, but with a making a new Profile every being so easy to do I know as I load extensions, themes, etc. one at a time that if I run into a problem I can isolate the problem right away usually. If I drop a new TB build in with an old Profile if there is a problem now I have to hunt it down and it takes longer.

I have four folders I always work with Extensions, Themes, Plugins and, Settings. I just copy and paste or drag and drop and I am done. Sounds time consuming, but having been doing it like this for so long I can whip right through an install.

I make a new Profile for Firefox every single build as it only takes 10 min or less to put everything back together unless there is a problem of course, but once again I can usually isolate it quickly.
When I am done and know the new builds work I save them into a single folder for earch and if the next builds are hosed I just unzip and put them back in place and I am back in the game.

GrailKnight
"There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact". - Sherlock Holmes
wintogreen

Re: The Official 2004-10-23 [Br/Tr] builds are out

Post by wintogreen »

Fixes: target = in [ ]
  1. BOTH:#265481Not reloading virtual folder after dismissing the properties dialog [Win]

I'm still not seeing any change with this. If I change a virtual folder's attributes, it still doesn't refresh unless I click on another folder and then click back to it.
joco

Post by joco »

the latest builds have one annoying thing (at least the one of 10-22).
When i mark a mail as junk then it also gets moved to the junk folder.
But with the current builds the selection isn't set to the next (or previous) message the selection just disappears.
This is quite annoying when stepping through mails and marking some as junk.
tqft

Version to test

Post by tqft »

As I think the 0.3 version is slightly outdated, I am starting to test something more recent - question would the developers prefer branch or trunk tested?
rworkman

Post by rworkman »

I would suggest using the branch.
RW