Yahoo mail goes into endless loop after sign in [resolved]

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
rcb001

Yahoo mail goes into endless loop after sign in [resolved]

Post by rcb001 »

Hello ...

Yahoo mail goes into an endless loop and won't load after sign in. Code (urls?) keep running through the address bar and tab.

Am using FF, IA Roboform, and NoScript, all current versions, I'm sure.

Using Roboform or manually navigating to & and entering login info works, going to the Yahoo home page, then ...
    Clicking on mail starts the endless loop.
    Set NoScript to temporally allow page, no change.
    Setting IE View to open the Yahoo mail page opens IE and runs properly.
    Opening Yahoo mail with Rofboform from scrarch when in IE, no problems.
Help!
Thanks, RCB
Last edited by rcb001 on March 23rd, 2010, 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
teoli2003

Re: Yahoo mail goes into endless loop after sign in

Post by teoli2003 »

1) Why do you post in bold? It is annoying.
2) Does it work in safe-mode?
3) If not, does it work with a new profile?
rcb001

Post by rcb001 »

Hello ...

1) Sorry about the bold. I did it because the eyes aren't what they once were.
2) Have not thought of that. Am aware of it, but not experienced with it. Can you point me in the direction of a tutorial?
3) New profile ... not tried. Have used same profile for years, only have had this problem recently.

Thanks, RCB
rcb001

Post by rcb001 »

PS I think I found the safe mode tutorial in another post.
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

Here's info on the safe-mode routine...
This is only for Firefox safe-mode...Don't check off any of it's safe-mode boxes...
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_Mode
And here's info on the Profile Manager...
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Creating_a_ne ... on_Windows
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
rcb001

Post by rcb001 »

I found the safe mode instructions and ran them, checking no boxes. Same results. AAARG! [sg]

Now I'll check out the profile instructions.

Thanks
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

You can try this also...
[b]From a prior post from Dan Raisch (minor changes) ...[/b

Clear the browser cache (Tools->Clear Private Data->select cache->click on "Clear Private Data Now" button).

(If using Firefox 3.5.(or above) use menu path Tools->Options->Advanced->Network tab->click on "Clear Now" button.)

Delete any cookies relating to the site(s) involved (Tools->Options->Privacy->Show Cookies button).

Also, some time ago Yahoo Mail released some new junk (all these Yahoo/Gmail type sites can't leave well enough alone) that activated new functions and caused lots of problems for me and others... Since all I want Ymail to do is handle email (not make me coffee, wash my car etc.) I got into my mail options and took the checkmark next to "Enable Connection-related features (Messages, Suggestions, Updates)" and that seemed to fix stuff. You might want to review what you have set in there because those guys update all the time with stuff (junk).
rcb001

Post by rcb001 »

all I want Ymail to do is handle email (not make me coffee, wash my car etc.)

Amen! Almost anything to do with AT&T is a REAL pita! Nothing is straightforward. I need to check it occasionally to see if it marked something as spam that's not.

Speaking of AT&T being a pita, I just spent 1-2 hours looking for the option you mentioned .... can you be more specific? How to navigate to it?
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

You mention AT&T but I'll assume that you're just using it as your ISP?

Anyway, I had a brain-fart with respect to Ymail... since it's working properly with IE it "may not" be a specific Ymail issue (their software that is)...but who knows.

FWIW... after you've logged into Ymail (since you're having issues getting in with FF I'll assume then you'll use IE) I clicked on Mail Options (on my page it's in the upper right side of the screen) and unchecked the line I was talking about.

Did you try the clearing of cache and any Yahoo cookies?

Also, what happened when you tried this out with a new test profile (no changes to it though)?
rcb001

Post by rcb001 »

Yes, AT&T is my ISP and (I assume) Yahoo mail provider. Both are major PITAs!!

I've used the Mail Options before (located same place as yours), as drop down menu. I didn't see that option there, will try again.

Not exactly sure what changes I made, but now can log on to Yahoo home and select Mail. Takes me to Mail Classic, no problem. Then select Use New Mail Program, and get a server unavailable error message. Also could not find a way to make Mail classic the default destiation vs Yahoo Home. Nothing EVER goes as planned! [sad g]

Got the new profile instructions, but not tried them yet.
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

Also could not find a way to make Mail classic the default destiation vs Yahoo Home

Not sure what you mean by that and I don't know how your ISP and Yahoo mail have to do with anything unless your ISP forces you to use Ymail/Yahoo in some way... normally ISP's (except AMer online) let you do and go wherever you want. I use Ymail once in awhile but the way I handle that is to use the Extension WebMail notifier... if I get an email it displays a message and all I have to do is click on it's icon on my task bar and it opens up my mail in a new tab...already logged in.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4490
rcb001

Post by rcb001 »

My ISP is AT&T and it seems to use Yahoo Mail as the default mail program. I prefer and use Thunderbird. As far as "setting" Yahoo Mail as the default destination, I wanted to go to Yahoo Mail vs Yahoo Home when I did sign in to Yahoo. I only went to YMail 1 - 2 times a week to see if it had trapped something as spam it should not have.

All that said [g] ... setting up a new profile seems to have solved the problem.

Thanks for all your help. RCB
dfoulkes

Re: Yahoo mail goes into endless loop after sign in [resolved]

Post by dfoulkes »

Interesting... I wonder what was in that older profile that would cause a new one to work properly.

Glad you got stuff working.
ploardmo

Re: Yahoo mail goes into endless loop after sign in [resolve

Post by ploardmo »

When you say create a new profile, do you mean a new account? I would like to avoid a new account. I am using IE and have also used FF, but still getting an endless loop when I sign in to mail. I have looked for where to change any profile information as was suggested in the earlier string, but, I do not find them--maybe someone could assist?
I have looked for a way to contact Yahoo, but do not find this address. Thank you.
dfoulkes

Re: Yahoo mail goes into endless loop after sign in [resolve

Post by dfoulkes »

ploardmo
Since this topic was last worked with over 2 years ago it's best to start a new one... we will be happy to help you. This one will probably be locked soon.