Contact a Board Administrator? Log-in, registration issues

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
chriswchris

Contact a Board Administrator? Log-in, registration issues

Post by chriswchris »

I registered for this board at least a year ago and all was fine. But now when I try to log in, I get told that my user name, password, and/or email address belongs to someone else (yeah, me!). I tried to re-register under a new name and password, but I only have one email address, and I'm using it, not someone else. This board says I should talk to the "owner" or "the team", but I see no such link. So how do I get my registration cleared up? Thnx
LoudNoise

Re: How do I Contact a Board Administrator?

Post by LoudNoise »

Moving to Site discussion. What was the user name you used?
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Moving to Mozillazine Site Discussion

Please provide your email address in this format: name at domain dot ext. You MUST to it this way or the spambots will grab it. One of us will then look into the situation.

Also tell us what user name you are trying to use.

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the prompt reply. User name chrisw email cwitze at xxx dot xxx
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

chrisw is a kiwi that registered in 2004 and last posted in 2005. I didn't find anything for the cwitze email. Could you have used a different email address?
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."

Post by Guest »

Nope...the only other address I've ever had was cwitze at xxx dot xxx, but that was before 2006. But why can't I re-register? I tried using a new name and password, but it said someone else had my current email address.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Can you find a old post of yours? Since I am not finding the email address it should allow you to use that email.
Post wrangler

Post by Guest »

Sorry, no...too long ago, and I just forget what I was asking. I tried again to register; user chriswchris email: cwitze at xxx dot xxx Response is "The entered e-mail address is already in use"
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Posting in the mod forum to see if I can get some help here. I am at a loss.
Post wrangler
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

That email address is not associated with any account here. Are you sure you registered here? Maybe you are registering at the forums that Mozilla runs. Or maybe on the news page for here? Neither would be a registration for these forums.
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.

Post by Guest »

smsmith....not me.
daifne...I tried to Register thru the link at the top of this page....and got rejected. Earlier I tried thru the FF support page, also rejected.
Loud...I appreciate your efforts.
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

How about setting up another email account, either through your ISP or a free service like GMail and try that. Since that email address is not associated with any account, I can't see anything else that we can do.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

At least I am not crazy :). Heck, the only suggestion I have left is "What happens in Safe Mode? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode " :)
Post wrangler
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

LOL :-)