Search results broken?

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
YoGee

Search results broken?

Post by YoGee »

If I do a search for "firefox popups", for example, I get back xxx pages of results. When I try to go to page 2 or click next ... nothing happens! I get stuck on results page 1. This is using FF 1.0 PR on XP SP2.
YoGee

Post by YoGee »

OK. So it looks like this happens when a search returns a shed load of results? Upgrading from phpBB 2.0.8 to 2.0.10 might not be a bad idea ...
old jasonb

Post by old jasonb »

See this discussion on the subject.
YoGee

Post by YoGee »

Ok ... It seems everyone agrees that it doesn't work. It would be nice if someone said why it doesn't work and "we're working on it" though. If these forums were j2ee based I could do it!
kerz
mozillaZine Admin

Post by kerz »

Search sucking in phpbb is sorta known, I will try to take a look at it, and get us up on 2.0.10 soon.

jason
YoGee

Post by YoGee »

kerz wrote:Search sucking in phpbb is sorta known, I will try to take a look at it, and get us up on 2.0.10 soon.

jason

Excellent. Cheers Jason.
oeekker

Post by oeekker »

how soon is soon?
now i can search, but have to strip the hightlight= part from the url before i can see the results. as soon as a url contains this i receive no data from mozillazine.

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=150299
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... ns+no+data

I've checked it on different computers and also with IExplore, lynx and curl, but the result is the same...
oeekker

Post by oeekker »

did someone fix something? the urls including highlight seem to be working again!?
terrypin

Post by terrypin »

Well, I'm seeing the problem today 2nd Feb 2006, so I guess 'soon' was a bit optimistic ;)

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK
Terry, East Grinstead, UK
Win 10 Pro, Waterfox 56.1.0 replaced Firefox 56.0.2, TMP 0.5.0.5pre