Blocking and unblocking remote images

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
xmms

Blocking and unblocking remote images

Post by xmms »

Thunderbird always blocks remote images and after clicking on the Load button on the right side, the images are loaded. That's OK. But I don't know how to block these images again. The sender is not in my address book. Any ideas?
Daifne

Re: Blocking and unblocking remote images

Post by Daifne »

Moving to Thunderbird Support
idontwantausername

Post by idontwantausername »

I would a button at the top of any emails that ARE loading images for a particular email address that says "Block Images" - the opposite feature to "Load Images".

I would also like an about:config setting to permanently hide the "Load Images" banner so I can get rid of this feature as I do not use it and also to be able to configure Thunderbird in a safe mode for other users.
tb_user_625

Post by tb_user_625 »

Also when I've unblocked some email address (added the sender to my address book and allowed loading images ),
could Thunderbird load the images and redraw the message in my mailbox without me reselecting it?

I know it's just a couple of mouse clicks for the user :)
jpdjpdjpd

Post by jpdjpdjpd »

I could do with an answer to the original question two, I selected "enable images from this sender" but it didn't work (probably because of our internal internet proxy). Now every time I get an email from the same sender it locks up thunderbird trying to reach the images...
The sender didn't appear in the addressbook, I even added the sender to the address book and made sure the remote images box was unchecked but still no luck.

There must be an answer somewhere!!

Thanks,
Chris
Granite51

Post by Granite51 »

I'm having a similar problem. E-newsletters, etc with remote images are sent to me, but Thunderbird shows the banner with "to protect your privacy" etc and an option to click on a box to "show images." However, when I click on the show box, the box goes away, but no images appear. Instead T bird searches for awhile and then give up, but no longer displays the original banner. If I go out of that email to another, then back again, the banner message reappears. I looked at the options and other settings and don't see anywhere to change this so I can see remote images.
My View message body as is set to Original HTML.
Random Help

Post by Random Help »

It seems to be fairly well hidden, but to accept all remote images you can click "Tools" --> "Options..." then click on the "Config Editor..." button. Type "remote" into the filter text box and the first entry you see should read "mailnews.message_display.disable_remote_image" and if the value is set to True, just double click it and it should then say false and turn to bold type. Exit out and you should be good to go!

Post by Guest »

I forgot to mention that the "Config Editor..." is locatted under the "Advanced" tab... Sorry!

Post by Guest »

I am having the same problem with remote images described above. I tried the solution from 12/7/09, and while it seems to work now for some messages, others still don't show the images, just the placeholder boxes. Any further suggestions?