Yahoo mail not displaying messages

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
cornerstone

Yahoo mail not displaying messages

Post by cornerstone »

I did a search and could find answers to this problem. When I try to read messages from my Yahoo Mail account sometimes the messages show up as a blank white space. If anyone uses Yahoo Mail then it will easier to describe. Basically from the Inbox when I click on any message the email header and the rest of the Yahoo Mail website layout such as the delete, reply, etc buttons above the header displays like normal but everything below the header (the message area) is blank white.

It happened in both Windows XP and Mac 10.6.3 so I think it might be a Firefox issue. I haven't been able to repeat the problem on other browsers either. I'm using Firefox 3.6.2. The problem also doesn't happen all the time either. I just noticed it recently and I don't know what exactly causes the problem to come and go. I've tried refreshing the page with no luck. It just seems to fix itself after awhile. I've never had this problem before.

Anyone know how to fix this problem?
halddd

Re: Yahoo mail not displaying messages

Post by halddd »

I had the exact same problem about 30 minutes ago. It was right after an automatic download had completed and an update was being installed in the background. My Yahoo emails also were just white pages; then I discovered that if I scrolled down, the message would be in text. Weird. I closed Firefox (3.5.8 , Windows 7 Ultimate), got out my laptop and logged into Yahoo to see if the problem was with the site; it wasn't. Yahoo email worked just fine with Firefox and WinXP.

My FIrefox is set to automatically download and install updates. So I checked the history and found 3 update downloads all dated December 31, 1969 @ 4:00PM. The last one is noted "failed to complete install". I also noted the entire time I've been online tonight, about an hour, that Firefox 3.5.9 has been downloading. Another possibly related "symptom" is that the last 2 times I've shut down this computer I get a message screen saying not to power down because Windows is installing updates, but again, maybe not related.

I'm running Kaspersky. I'll check it and report back if anything turns up.

My initial thought, because of the white pages, was a failed update of Flash, Java, or something along those lines.

If it's a virus I might have infected my laptop.....
cornerstone

Re: Yahoo mail not displaying messages

Post by cornerstone »

I'm not having the same update problems you are having. I also have my updates set to notify me but I choose whether to okay the update or not. Firefox updated just fine to 3.6.2 and I did it awhile ago whenever it came out. I still can't figure out what is causing the problem.