Any way to change Page Up/Down amount?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Tamm

Any way to change Page Up/Down amount?

Post by Tamm »

Is there any way to change the amount that firefox scrolls when using the Page Up/Down keys? I would like there to be overlap (like IE has), which makes it easier to not end up with hidden text.

If Firefox doesn't support this natively, is anyone aware of any add-ons that give this functionality?
dfoulkes

Re: Any way to change Page Up/Down amount?

Post by dfoulkes »

I don't use IE much now but if this helps...

In Firefox... hit the space bar once (while "not" in an edit/typing window) and the page will move down...shift + space bar and it will move up.

There may be people who come along to give you a better answer though.
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
Tamm

Post by Tamm »

dfoulkes wrote:
In Firefox... hit the space bar once (while "not" in an edit/typing window) and the page will move down...shift + space bar and it will move up.

Thank you for replying, but that doesn't really address my question. I want to change the amount by which the Page Up/Down keys move.
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

Try the Keyconfig extension with this code:

Code: Select all

window.content.document.getElementsByTagName('html')[0].scrollTop+=window.content.document.getElementsByTagName('html')[0].clientHeight-50;
Tamm

Post by Tamm »

Dickvl, that did the job perfectly. With the value (-50) changed to (-130), it matches IE exactly.

Out of curiosity, if I wanted to change the number of lines scrolled by the up/down arrows, would I use the same code? Or is there a better option?