keyconfig 20110522

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
loochyj

Re: keyconfig 20080929

Post by loochyj »

My issue is that in firefox 3.6, there is no menu for keyconfig. I am completely unable to access any preferences at all, and therefore cannot add that code.
dorando

Post by dorando »

Do you have keyconfig installed and is it enabled in Tools > Add-ons?
loochyj

Post by loochyj »

Yes. There used to be an entry under tools for keyconfig in older versions of firefox but in 3.6 it is no longer there.

I also modified the install file to increase the maximum version number to allow it to install on firefox 3.6.x.
mad.engineer

Post by mad.engineer »

Hi dorando,

I tried your other code as well:

var utils = window.QueryInterface(Components.interfaces.nsIInterfaceRequestor).
getInterface(Components.interfaces.nsIDOMWindowUtils);

utils.sendKeyEvent("keypress", KeyEvent.DOM_VK_TAB, 0, 4);
utils.sendKeyEvent("keypress", KeyEvent.DOM_VK_DOWN, 0, 0);
utils.sendKeyEvent("keypress", KeyEvent.DOM_VK_TAB, 0, 0);

Still same thing, no errors and no success. I'm also baffled as to why this would not work. But I appreciate your time and thanks for looking at this. As mentioned earlier, this one is not critical for me so I'll just use the mouse for now.
dubsey

Post by dubsey »

Hello again Dorando,

Just 2 things:

1. Did you ever get round to adding the showing of 'Spacebar' in the keyconfig as I requested here?

2. Please advise me on how I can add a custom hotkey for the right-click save FF addon of Backgroundimage Saver? I would like to use something like Alt+Enter (Alt+right mouse click) like how Opera has Ctrl+Enter for it's save. Is this possible for keyconfig and what code is required?

please if you could help on these 2 things
mad.engineer

Post by mad.engineer »

Hi dorando,

Can you please update Keyconfig to make it compatible with TB 3.0.4 released today?. Thanks
FireLove

Post by FireLove »

Hi dorando,

I've just installed 3.7a4pre ...

everything works fine so far, even Tab Focusing

Code: Select all

if(commandDispatcher.focusedElement == gBrowser.mCurrentTab) {
     commandDispatcher.focusedElement.blur();   

var element = content.document.elementFromPoint(content.innerWidth / 2, content.innerHeight / 2);

if(element instanceof HTMLFrameElement || element instanceof HTMLIFrameElement)
      element.contentWindow.focus();
     else if(element instanceof HTMLFrameSetElement)
      content.frames[0].focus();
     else
      content.focus();
    } else {
     gBrowser.mCurrentTab.focus();
    }

Except I don't get it to move a focused tab - left or right, as I used to - with Cmnd+Arrows (Ctrl+Arrows on Windows?)
Devs do this again, and change many things (I have no idea which) with 3.7.x
Do you know how to fix it / get desired behavior back ?

Thank you very much for what you do for our community, I think your contribution is greatly under-appreciated.
maustyle

Post by maustyle »

we all waiting without any fear for the 3.6.3 compatible release till then, finger crossed mates
FireLove

Post by FireLove »

Oh, and another thing seems to be b0rked :

I used to unhide ListAllTab widget which was hidden by my preferred Theme.
I need this widget to summon a List of open Tabs - so that I can see them :shock: :D (even when there's 5-6 of them 8-) :lol: )

Code that worked on 3.6.x, is

.tabs-container:not([overflow="true"]) .tabs-alltabs-button {
display: -moz-box !important;
}

This code doesn't work as well

if(!keyconfig.alltabsPopup) {
     keyconfig.alltabsPopup =
      gBrowser.mTabContainer.mAllTabsBoxAnimate.parentNode.parentNode.appendChild(document.createElement("popup"));
     keyconfig.alltabsPopup.className = "tabs-alltabs-popup";
     keyconfig.alltabsPopup.style.visibility = "visible";
    }

keyconfig.alltabsPopup.openPopupAtScreen(screen.width, gBrowser.mPanelContainer.boxObject.screenY);

Theme is GrApple Yummy 3.9.6 for Minefield. Grapple themes used to hide ListAllTab widget until tabstrip is overflowing ... for long time already.
Amsuke

Post by Amsuke »

I use keyconfig with Firefox 3.6.2

I use the following code:

Page Down:
window.content.document.getElementsByTagName('html')[0].scrollTop+=window.content.document.getElementsByTagName('html')[0].clientHeight-130;

Page Up:
window.content.document.getElementsByTagName('html')[0].scrollTop-=window.content.document.getElementsByTagName('html')[0].clientHeight-130;

This normally works fine, but I ran into a couple of sites where the Page Up/Down keys didn't work at all. Disabling KeyConfig restored normal functionality.

One of the sites this occurs with is this:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/fronts/HOME

Do you know why this code might not work on certain sites, and how I can fix it so that it works on all sites?
Last edited by Amsuke on April 4th, 2010, 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amsuke

Post by Amsuke »

Okay, I found one of the sites, in which the keyconfig Page Up/Down customizations don't work - which is Associated Press:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/fronts/HOME

Can anyone help me figure out why this is happening and how to fix it?
dorando

Post by dorando »

loochyj wrote:Yes. There used to be an entry under tools for keyconfig in older versions of firefox but in 3.6 it is no longer there.

I also modified the install file to increase the maximum version number to allow it to install on firefox 3.6.x.
Assumable whatever you do breaks keyconfig. Note that keyconfig 20080929 installs and works just fine in the latest Firefox releases. Again, since you are using a pre-release, you might want to disable the compatibility enforcing by adding a boolean 'extensions.checkCompatibility.3.6' through about:config and reinstall keyconfig.

mad.engineer wrote:I tried your other code as well: [...] Still same thing, no errors and no success.
:-k, try

var utils = window.QueryInterface(Components.interfaces.nsIInterfaceRequestor).
getInterface(Components.interfaces.nsIDOMWindowUtils);

var focusCache = [nodePosition()];
utils.sendKeyEvent("keypress", KeyEvent.DOM_VK_TAB, 0, 4);
focusCache.push(nodePosition());
utils.sendKeyEvent("keypress", KeyEvent.DOM_VK_DOWN, 0, 0);
utils.sendKeyEvent("keypress", KeyEvent.DOM_VK_TAB, 0, 0);

alert(focusCache.join("\n\n"));

function nodePosition() {
 var node = commandDispatcher.focusedElement;
 var text = "";

while(node.parentNode && !node.id) {
  var current = node.nodeName ;
  if(node.className) current+="."+node.className;
  text = current + " > " + text;
  node = node.parentNode;
 }

return node.id +" > " + text;
}

(The text in the window should be selectable).

dubsey wrote:Did you ever get round to adding the showing of 'Spacebar' in the keyconfig as I requested here?
No new release since then.
dubsey wrote:Please advise me on how I can add a custom hotkey for the right-click save FF addon of Backgroundimage Saver? I would like to use something like Alt+Enter (Alt+right mouse click) like how Opera has Ctrl+Enter for it's save. Is this possible for keyconfig and what code is required?
AFAIK it is currently impossible to determine over which element the mouse is from within a XULCommandEvent, so keyconfig can't do it alone. You could try to install an empty extension ( http://dev.dorando.at/mozilla/blank.xpi ) and add above the </overlay> in the main.xul ( look for it within Profile/extensions/userxul@nobody/overlays/ after restating Firefox) the following code:

<script><![CDATA[ window.addEventListener("mousemove",function(event){
 window.mouse = {clientX:event.clientX, clientY:event.clientY}
},
false);]]></script>
and Add a new key containing something like:

var element = content.document.elementFromPoint(mouse.clientX, mouse.clientY)
if(!
element) return;

document.popupNode = element;
gContextMenu = new nsContextMenu(document.getElementById("contentAreaContextMenu"), window.getBrowser());
if(
gContextMenu.hasBGImage) saveBG();
gContextMenu = null;   

mad.engineer wrote:Can you please update Keyconfig to make it compatible with TB 3.0.4 released today?.
Compatibility information was already updated during Release Candidate phase.

FireLove wrote:I've just installed 3.7a4pre
[...]
I don't get it to move a focused tab - left or right, as I used to - with Cmnd+Arrows (Ctrl+Arrows on Windows?)
Devs do this again, and change many things (I have no idea which) with 3.7.x
That seems to be a (unfiled) bug, the relevant code does check for 'aEvent.target == this' while it assumable should check for 'aEvent.target.parentNode == this.tabContainer' due to the changes from bug 347930 (Tab strip should be a toolbar instead).
FireLove wrote:Do you know how to fix it / get desired behavior back ?
Try to Add a new key containing

gBrowser.moveTabForward();  
and one containing

gBrowser.moveTabBackward();  
. Note that these will work even if the tab is not focused (as long as nothing else consumes the event) but that can be prevent by adding

if(!commandDispatcher.focusedElement ||
    commandDispatcher.focusedElement.parentNode != gBrowser.tabContainer)
 return;  
above.

maustyle wrote:we all waiting without any fear for the 3.6.3 compatible release till then, finger crossed mates
Compatibility information has been updated, it might be necessary to click on Tools > Add-ons > Find Updates (which might incorrectly state at the top that "No updates were found" while "A compatibility update has been applied" as stated below the extension name) if the extensions didn't got re-enabled already.

Note that it is possible to disable the compatibility enforcing by adding a boolean 'extensions.checkCompatibility.3.6' through about:config.

FireLove wrote:Code that worked on 3.6.x, is

.tabs-container:not([overflow="true"]) .tabs-alltabs-button {
display: -moz-box !important;
}
Try

.tabs-alltabs-button {
 display: -moz-box !important;
}

FireLove wrote:This code doesn't work as well

if(!keyconfig.alltabsPopup) {
     keyconfig.alltabsPopup =
      gBrowser.mTabContainer.mAllTabsBoxAnimate.parentNode.parentNode.appendChild(document.createElement("popup"));
     keyconfig.alltabsPopup.className = "tabs-alltabs-popup";
     keyconfig.alltabsPopup.style.visibility = "visible";
    }

keyconfig.alltabsPopup.openPopupAtScreen(screen.width, gBrowser.mPanelContainer.boxObject.screenY);
Try

if(!keyconfig.alltabsPopup) {
 keyconfig.alltabsPopup = gBrowser.tabContainer._animateElement.parentNode.appendChild(document.createElement("popup"));
 keyconfig.alltabsPopup.className = "tabs-alltabs-popup";
 keyconfig.alltabsPopup.style.visibility = "visible";
}

keyconfig.alltabsPopup.openPopupAtScreen(screen.width, gBrowser.mPanelContainer.boxObject.screenY); 

Amsuke wrote:I use the following code:

Page Down:
window.content.document.getElementsByTagName('html')[0].scrollTop+=window.content.document.getElementsByTagName('html')[0].clientHeight-130;

Page Up:
window.content.document.getElementsByTagName('html')[0].scrollTop-=window.content.document.getElementsByTagName('html')[0].clientHeight-130;

This normally works fine, but I ran into a couple of sites where the Page Up/Down keys didn't work at all. Disabling KeyConfig restored normal functionality.

One of the sites this occurs with is this: http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/fronts/HOME

Do you know why this code might not work on certain sites, and how I can fix it so that it works on all sites?
Seems to work for me, but you might want to try

commandDispatcher.focusedWindow.scrollBy(0, 500);  
or

commandDispatcher.focusedWindow.scrollByLines(40);  
instead.
Amsuke

Post by Amsuke »

dorando wrote:
Seems to work for me, but you might want to try

commandDispatcher.focusedWindow.scrollBy(0, 500);   
or

instead.

I saw similar problems on msnbc's site as well. I don't know why you wouldn't see it, but in any case,

worked perfectly.

Thanks!
mad.engineer

Post by mad.engineer »

Hi dorando,

Thanks for updating keyconfig compatibility for TB 3.0.4. I tried your new code. If the cursor is in the address box, I see no errors, nothing in error console eother. If I move the focus via shift+tab to the "To:, Cc:" pull-down menu, pressing the assigned key gives: http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/7541 ... shottb.jpg
As mentioned earlier, I think this shortcut is not critical for me. But I do appreciate your guidance.
dorando

Post by dorando »

Amsuke wrote:I saw similar problems on msnbc's site as well.
Ah, that would be due to Quirks mode vs Standards compliance mode (View Page Info > Render Mode).
mad.engineer wrote:If I move the focus via shift+tab to the "To:, Cc:" pull-down menu, pressing the assigned key gives.
Don't shift+tab to the "To:, Cc:" pull-down menu, the code already does that.