Offline mode for Mozilla Thunderbird (Lightning) with Googl

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
MsCuriousGeorge

Offline mode for Mozilla Thunderbird (Lightning) with Googl

Post by MsCuriousGeorge »

Greetings,

I recently installed Thunderbird and Lightning so that I could access my google calendar events offline. Thunderbird works fine. I can always access the google messages. However, when I am offline and open the calendar in Thunderbird, it is blank with no events.

Things that I tried...

1. I hit sync on Google calendar.
2. I installed a new calendar, and I have tried using the XML private address.
3. I tried the setting Save to my computer and Save to network for the calendar.

Should I still be using the Sunbird CalDav instructions for my Thunderbird installation? http://www.google.com/support/calendar/ ... 58#sunbird

Windows 7
Thunderbird 3. Lightning add on + Google Provider Add on
Firefox 3.6.3

P.S. I tried using Sunbird and it didn't work when online or offline. I am fine using either Thunderbird or Sunbird. Whichever work's offline. Accessing my calendar is my priority. However, I like the email feature of Thunderbird too.
ssitter

Re: Offline mode for Mozilla Thunderbird (Lightning) with Googl

Post by ssitter »

You can't work on any remote calendar while being offline. You can read your remote calendar while being offline if you enable the experimental cache feature. But in 1.0b1 this only works for one calendar. It is broken if you enable it for two or more calendars.
MsCuriousGeorge

Re: Offline mode for Mozilla Thunderbird (Lightning) with Googl

Post by MsCuriousGeorge »

Thank you SSitter :D ,

It appears that cache was the magic box. I can now access my calendar in read-only mode which is all that I need.

Have a pleasant day!
Ms.CG

fyi, To any others with this problem- I found this selection under Edit--> Calendar Properties Cache (Experimental, requires restart).
Evil Overlord

Re: Offline mode for Mozilla Thunderbird (Lightning) with Go

Post by Evil Overlord »

Any update on this? I'd like to use this for multiple calendars.

Ben
ssitter

Post by ssitter »

In the Lightning 1.0b2 release for Thunderbird 3.1 the offline cache should be working correct for multiple calendars.
swagat88

Post by swagat88 »

Does this work with exchange data provider as well?? I'm trying but it only fetches meeting invitations and stucks.. :(
Any tweak with exchange??
Thunderbird 3.1.8, Lightning 1.02b, Exchange data provider 0.12
eüpe

Post by eüpe »

Hi,

it seems that multiple offline calenders does not work with TB 3.1.10 and Lightning "lightning-1.0b2-tb-win.xpi".

I had three calenders, for which I checked the "cache" feature, restarted, but at least one calender did not show any entries.

Is there a bug filed in bugzilla where we can vote and track the activities made in order to resolve it?

best,
Ewald

PS: Win XP SP 2