Different from address for different folders?

Discussion of features in Seamonkey
Sammie

Different from address for different folders?

Post by Sammie »

Hi,

I'm using Mozilla as an IMAP mail client, and it works really nice.
I was wondering if there is an option, or if it's possible for the future, to have an from-address set for folders, instead of the whole folderset of an IMAP account...
I have several mail-addresses I now all drop into 1 IMAP account, but they all give me the default mail-address linked to the imap-account :-| ...

Paul
eclectric

This would be a great feature.

Post by eclectric »

Actually, it would be even better if you could set it by default by hitting reply on a message. Hence, a message sent to "foo@mail.com" would be replied from that address, and one sent to "bar@mail.com" would be sent from that address. you could also change it with a dropdown list of all available mail addresses.

MS outlook does this, and it's a very nice feature. I have about 4 different IMAP accounts, plus my exchange account, but everything goes on the exchange account, and it's nice to have the right "from" address on any replies I make later on.
japh

Re: This would be a great feature.

Post by japh »

eclectric wrote:Actually, it would be even better if you could set it by default by hitting reply on a message. Hence, a message sent to "foo@mail.com" would be replied from that address, and one sent to "bar@mail.com" would be sent from that address. you could also change it with a dropdown list of all available mail addresses.

This looks like a very useful enhancement. Did you already post a "enhancement" bug in Bugzilla? I'll definately vote for it!
Sammie

Post by Sammie »

I did not... I don't know how that works exactly, this is the first time I used the forum :-)