Post the extensions you want compatible with SeaMonkey

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
tonymec

Re: Post the extensions you want compatible with SeaMonkey

Post by tonymec »

Philip Chee wrote:Yes I did a minor adjustment to the code in addition to your version bump. Otherwise the QuickMenu slots don't show up at all.

Phil

All right: after upgrading to QMMC 0.9.2.2 I see them: immediately after the upgrade it's a separator (and nothing above it) above the "Recent" submenu in the context menu, and folders moved-to appear there (with no restart), including "Trash" :) which never appears under "Recent" (and I like that, because the Del key will move to Trash but also mark as read, a side-effect I don't like because it doesn't allow me to easily see how many items there are in Trash). However AFAICT using "Move To => Recent => someFolder" doesn't make someFolder appear in the QMMC slots ("Move To => Local Folders => someFolder" does).

I haven't yet restarted to check that QMMC slots persist over a restart, but I see them as QuickMenuMC.FolderURL in about:config, which makes me confident that they do.

I still don't see any QMMC slots (or any separator) under "Message => Move To =>" in the menubar.

My version bump was a routine adjustment; without the change you qualify as "minor" it would be useless, even wrong (since it would make the extension pretend it works on Sm2 while without your code adjustment it wouldn't). Maybe my name shouldn't be on the label after all. :oops:
Best regards,
Tony
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

tonymec wrote:I still don't see any QMMC slots (or any separator) under "Message => Move To =>" in the menubar.

The original code didn't do anything to the "Message => Move/Copy to =>" either.

Phil
DRDRJAY

Post by DRDRJAY »

Aloha Benoit,

Could you please add FoxyTunes to your request list ?

Thanks,

DRDRJAY
DRDRJAY
pjonesCET

Post by pjonesCET »

Philip Chee wrote:
lazybones88 wrote:Could MailTagger be updated to work with SM 2.0.3? Version 1.7 seems to install but nothing shows up. http://mailtagger.mozdev.org/
Thanks

Three years ago I ported MailTagger to SeaMonkey 1.x. It worked but was too buggy so I never released it on my website. Things might have improved since.

Phil

I'd love to see MailTagger as well I used SM1 or Mozilla and enjoyed using it.
VPEA Life Member, NESDA Life Member
ISCET Life Member, ETA-I Life Member, Sterling Who's Who Life Member
"if it's Fixed, Don't Break it!"
samms7

Post by samms7 »

Need those extension,thanks: cookiekiller
imagepref
informenter
open image in new tab
refspoof
simple mail
amrad

Post by amrad »

Radio Northsea International Toolbar

http://radionorthsea.ourtoolbar.com/

Only works with IE and Firefox

Can it be modified?

Thanks.

Regards,

Dave.
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

amrad wrote:Radio Northsea International Toolbar
http://radionorthsea.ourtoolbar.com/
Only works with IE and Firefox
Can it be modified?

1. It is a Conduit toolbar (i.e. created by using the Conduit toolbar maker application) thus closed source. Nobody is allowed to (legally) modify toolbars created this way. If you want to created a variant or modified toolbar you would need to purchase the Conduit toolbar maker software.

2. Conduit used to have such a bad reputation that Addons.mozilla.org put in a blanket ban with extreme prejudice on their toolbars. Only very recently has AMO allowed a small carefully vetted selection of such toolbars back into the public (non-sandboxed) regions of the AMO webpages.

2a. The Radio North Sea Community toolbar does not appear to be listed on AMO.

So the short answer is No.

Phil
amrad

Post by amrad »

Hello Phil,

Thanks for your reply.

Philip Chee wrote:So the short answer is No.

That's a pity. I think I don't know enough to be able to create one myself! ;)

Regards,

Dave.
vladmir

Post by vladmir »

open image in new tab

As I see in FF - middle button on the "View Image" item of image context menu opens image and background image in new tab by default without extension.

Phil, why SM doesn't have it? :)
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

vladmir wrote:open image in new tab

As I see in FF - middle button on the "View Image" item of image context menu opens image and background image in new tab by default without extension.

Phil, why SM doesn't have it? :)

Because nobody has implemented it in SM yet.

By the way if everyone was wondering why there hasn't been any porting activity for some time, basically I've been running around dealing with Real Life stuff. Including dealing with visiting relatives who were supposed to return to the UK last week but are still stuck here because a volcano in Iceland erupted. I shipped them (and their kids) off to a water theme park today so I got some peace and quiet and managed to fix some problems with Flashblock (be nice to AdblockPlus) and Console2 (AMO editors throwing their weight around).

Phil
DRDRJAY

Post by DRDRJAY »

Aloha Benoit,

About Foxy Tunes again! Foxy Tunes is listed on the SeaMonkey extensions/add ons website as ' reccomended', but when I download and try and install it, a message pops up saying it is not compatible with SeaMonkey 2.04! So...what's with that and what can be done about it? Why is it reccomended if it won't install?

Thanks for your response,

DRDRJAY
HONOLULU
DRDRJAY
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

DRDRJAY wrote:Aloha Benoit,

About Foxy Tunes again! Foxy Tunes is listed on the SeaMonkey extensions/add ons website as ' reccomended', but when I download and try and install it, a message pops up saying it is not compatible with SeaMonkey 2.04! So...what's with that and what can be done about it? Why is it reccomended if it won't install?

Thanks for your response,

DRDRJAY
HONOLULU

I think an older version of Foxytunes did work with SeaMonkey 1.x. A bug in addons mozilla org means that if an extension was ever compatible with SeaMonkey AMO will offer the latest version to the current version of SeaMonkey even if the latest combination doesn't work.

Phil
DRDRJAY

Post by DRDRJAY »

Aloha Phil,

That's just wonderful! I'm somewhat involved with the Music Industry so I'd like to get that working again.

RUNNLATE
DRDRJAY
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

DRDRJAY wrote:Aloha Phil,

That's just wonderful! I'm somewhat involved with the Music Industry so I'd like to get that working again.

RUNNLATE

Try contacting the author Alex Sirota. If it used to work in SeaMonkey it should not be very difficult to get it working again. I did poke at it in the past when it was open source to tweak it slightly for my own use but it has now been bought by Yahoo so the legal situation has probably changed.

Phil
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

FavLoc requested by marios-p and wayney http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedmisc.html#favloc

FavLoc is an extension for Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird that allows you to set folders as “favorite locations” to which you can easily download. FavLoc menus will appear on the File menu (for saving pages), the context menu (for saving images and links), and on the download prompt, although you can specify which places you want it to appear.

Install FavLoc for Seamonkey:
favloc-1.2-mod.xpi