A Shortcut to Save Image As... ?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
snkupo

A Shortcut to Save Image As... ?

Post by snkupo »

Hi there.

This question might be a little stupid, but I will ask it anyways. What I was wondering about is if there is a Keyboard Shortcut in Firefox that lets me just hold a key and left-clicking on an image to directly go to "save image as" instead of first right clicking on the image, then pressing "save image as"? Just like you can CTRL-click links to open them in a new tab, I mean, only that I want this for image-saving ^^
Gweglez

Another shortcut

Post by Gweglez »

Another shortcut for opening links in a new tab is: If you have a mouse wheel, simply press it in when ur cursor is on top of a link

Hope it helps:D
snkupo

Post by snkupo »

I knew about that, but what I was asking about was a shortcut to saving images .
Dartman

Post by Dartman »

Though there might be a way to do what you want, I am not aware of one. However, I can recommend an extension that might be an alternative to what you want.

This extension saves images in pre set up folders/locations. You don't even need/use the "Save Image As" dialog box and everything is operated from the right click context menu.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/614
Alcohol and Calculus don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Re: A Shortcut to Save Image As... ?

Post by Guest »

Opera has ctrl+click image to open the save as dialogue. Why doesn't Firefox? I often save a selection of images from a page, and I don't want to save ALL the images on a page. It takes ages to right click and select "save as", and I often accidentally hit other options (like "Send image"). Is there a solution out there?
Platon_

Re:

Post by Platon_ »

Dartman wrote:This extension saves images in pre set up folders/locations. You don't even need/use the "Save Image As" dialog box and everything is operated from the right click context menu. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/614

Even better than that. After setting up the default folder I simple double-click an image and it automatically goes right in it. No pop-up, nothing else to do :D
kzon6e7

Re: A Shortcut to Save Image As... ?

Post by kzon6e7 »

Agreed - the Save Image in Folder extension is your answer, it is very handy.