The Official Win32 20100501 Trunk build is out

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
GTK66

Re: The Official Win32 20100501 Trunk build is not yet out

Post by GTK66 »

This latest build (todays) broke too many extensions for me. I went back to the 4.29.2010 build and will stay with it for awhile.
KWierso

Post by KWierso »

pal-moz wrote:
lrombes wrote:Does the scroll wheel on the mouse work for anyone else on the new Add-On Tab?

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.3a5pre) Gecko/20100430 Minefield/3.7a3pre Firefox/3.0.10 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729) ID:20100430072714

WFM.

Works for me. It's really slow, though. Related to the two scrollbars, perhaps?
virus_found

Post by virus_found »

Most of the text in the addons manager is white on light grey background. That indeed is begging to receive a loud facepalm.
globalplayer

Post by globalplayer »

WildcatRay wrote:Showing just how uninformed you are, there is no requirement for folks to use Minefield to post in this thread. ...
I think Omega X was right when calling you out a few days back. I have tried to help you out and all you seem capable of doing is to be rude, petty and ungrateful.

Pff. Bollocks. It's YOU who is rude. And touchy as a jewelweed, too.
OK!! I do apologize for not having read the user agent string thoroughly enough, but there could've been other ways to tell me that, not yours, eh? You reap what you sow (proverb).

Don't go away mad. Just go away. Shoo, now.

Don't try to make people get as oversensitive as you. Just try to switch your monitor off for 1 hour minimum. Take a nap to rest your square-shaped eyes. Shoo, now.
KWierso

Post by KWierso »

KWierso wrote:Works for me. It's really slow, though. Related to the two scrollbars, perhaps?

It seems that it only scrolls for me if I wiggle the mouse while scrolling.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

globalplayer-

Give it a rest please. These threads have a very specific purpose.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
makondo

Post by makondo »

3 times makondo wrote:When you dblclick an ext. and it opens its 'more info', i see that all of them are set to update automatically!!! Since i never update anything automatically, i have to go through all of them an uncheck the box.
I can understand checking for updates automatically but if the option to ask what to do is checked, that box (update automatically) should be unchecked ('automatically' ;-) ).
Could someone confirm and file a bug, please?
TIA!

Am i the only one who doesn't update things 'automatically'? Or am i the only one who has those checkboxes checked by default?
GTK66

Post by GTK66 »

makondo wrote:
3 times makondo wrote:When you dblclick an ext. and it opens its 'more info', i see that all of them are set to update automatically!!! Since i never update anything automatically, i have to go through all of them an uncheck the box.
I can understand checking for updates automatically but if the option to ask what to do is checked, that box (update automatically) should be unchecked ('automatically' ;-) ).
TIA!

Am i the only one who doesn't update things 'automatically'? Or am i the only one who has those checkboxes checked by default?

No you are not. I don't let anything update automatically.
a;skdjfajf;ak

Post by a;skdjfajf;ak »

makondo wrote:
TIA!

No I see them as well, and I asked about earlier today during 'testday', but never got an answer - so guess its time to file a bug about it.
wiiwaker

Post by wiiwaker »

Soutar_3DG wrote:If you use DownThemAll! and you really wish for it to work you can put take the new files from here http://bugs.code.downthemall.net/trac/changeset/1877 and put them in the corresponding folders (you will have to make new folders) and it will now work.

Thanks for the tip.
BTW there is a nightly build of dta which supports the new adds-on manager, but it uses a different GUID, so you need remove or disable the official release of dta firstly.
i.of.the.storm

Post by i.of.the.storm »

Is there any way to install extensions manually with the new manager? I foolishly updated to today's build without installing the hotfix TMP build, and now I can't figure out how to install it.

D'oh, just as I posted this, I found the option in the file menu. Why is it in the file menu, I wonder. Maybe it's from MRTLI MR Tech Toolkit?
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

i.of.the.storm wrote:Is there any way to install extensions manually with the new manager? I foolishly updated to today's build without installing the hotfix TMP build, and now I can't figure out how to install it.

D'oh, just as I posted this, I found the option in the file menu. Why is it in the file menu, I wonder. Maybe it's from MRTLI MR Tech Toolkit?

If it has Alt+X after, then it probably is.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
Andu

Post by Andu »

I just tried the hotfixed TMP release and it didn't work for me. I get a blank screen and no tab bar. So it's impossible to disable it either. Have to go through Safe Mode to turn it off again :\
i.of.the.storm

Post by i.of.the.storm »

Hmm, hotfixed TMP was working for me before, but it started chewing up all my CPU and I became unable to switch tabs, so I disabled it. I kept getting messages about unresponsive script, tabs.js, some line around 332.
James

Post by James »

globalplayer wrote:
WildcatRay wrote:Why do you think I backed down to yesterday's nightly for the time being.

Yesterday's?

So you have good knowledge to put up phony user agent strings? ;)
Seriously, you're showing up here as 20100401, read "April Fools build".

LoudNoise wrote:Image

globalplayer-

Give it a rest please. These threads have a very specific purpose.

And the next warning may be a vacation so enough on this and focus on what the Trunk build threads is really for. Oh and be nice even if somebody did not quite give you a answer you were looking for (even though it may have been correct and you misunderstood it).

There may be plenty of reasons why somebody posting in the Trunk build threads may not have a Trunk nightly useragent in posting. As said it is not a requirement to be posting with a recent Trunk nightly useragent, especially when there may be a reason why some may revert to a earlier build or a release or such due to issue(s) in current nightly build making it unusable or such for them. Also while many do test the Minefield builds daily, they may not use it as a browser for tasks when they need stability and well may not have logged in with the nightly at time.

Anyways lets forget about this and stay on topic.