Fixes for extensions broken since new addon manager landed

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
GTK66

Re: Fixes for extensions broken since new addon manager landed

Post by GTK66 »

WildcatRay wrote:
trolly wrote:As said before this happened to me too. Clearing the extension specific subfolders in the profile resolved it.

I did that, too. Just forgot until you mentioned it, again. :wink:

May 17th, 2010, 1:51 pm

Post Posted May 17th, 2010, 1:51 pm
Filed Bug 566373 - XPI's and JAR's inside the profiles extension folder aren't getting installed anymore
Ray

Would not the above posted fix by you, have an effect on this.
trolly

Post by trolly »

Seems to be a different bug. For me greasemonkey always disappears from staged but never appeared in the old greasemonkey extension folder. It was empty (no new files appeared) so i could confirm it. After removing the old extension folder of greasemonkey the addon installed again.
Think for yourself. Otherwise you have to believe what other people tell you.
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
Constitution says: One man, one vote. Supreme court says: One dollar, one vote.
GTK66

Post by GTK66 »

trolly wrote:Seems to be a different bug. For me greasemonkey always disappears from staged but never appeared in the old greasemonkey extension folder. It was empty (no new files appeared) so i could confirm it. After removing the old extension folder of greasemonkey the addon installed again.

Thanks Trolly :!:
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

sipowicz wrote:
WildcatRay wrote:
trolly wrote:As said before this happened to me too. Clearing the extension specific subfolders in the profile resolved it.

I did that, too. Just forgot until you mentioned it, again. :wink:

May 17th, 2010, 1:51 pm

Post Posted May 17th, 2010, 1:51 pm
Filed Bug 566373 - XPI's and JAR's inside the profiles extension folder aren't getting installed anymore
Ray

Would not the above posted fix by you, have an effect on this.

No. In fact, it was this comment by Henrik Skupin in Bug 563102 that prompted me to file the Bug 566373 in the first place.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Actually, the only way I have been able to install add-ons is by D&D from a local file copy, by the browser doing an automatic update and by going to either AMO or a 3rd party site like for Tab Mix Plus. Each time I have tried placing a copy in the extensions folder, it has been left there without the browser prompting me to install it when it is (re)starting.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
AteUte52

Post by AteUte52 »

WildcatRay wrote:
AteUte52 wrote:
sipowicz wrote:I used the AOM to check for updates about 10 minutes ago and it found one for Noscript. I updated it and when Minefield restarted the extension was gone. When I went to install it again, I did not get the usual install popup.
Myabe this happened because I was using a Dev version of Noscript..?
The same happened to me, looks like NoScript was uninstalled but not installed again.. And I have not been able to install it again..? With a new profile it installs so it is OK...

EDIT: Seems that I can't install any extension any more, with a new profile I can.. Interesting

Do you, by any chance, have MR Tech Toolkit installed? I suspect it had so much interaction with the old AoM that is may cause problems with the new one. I actually uninstalled it before I even migrated my profile to the build when the new AoM UI landed. Whether or not it is why I have not seen the issues you and others are seeing, I don't know. It just seems logical to minimize or eliminate the number of installed add-ons that may interact with the AoM. :-k
Yes, but MR Tech is disabled... And NoScript specific dir is gone from extensions so what to remove?
GTK66

Post by GTK66 »

Well I tried to install Mr Tech and it complete borked my Minefield. Wiped out all but two extensions. So I will wait before trying it again,
mattcoz

Post by mattcoz »

WildcatRay wrote:
mattcoz wrote:Any fix for Firebug? That's really the only one I can't live without.

You have checked with the Firebug folks, haven't you?

I tried the latest 1.6 alpha and I checked their Google Group for any mention of it. Do you have some reason to believe that they have a fix and that I'm just not seeing it?
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

mattcoz wrote:
WildcatRay wrote:
mattcoz wrote:Any fix for Firebug? That's really the only one I can't live without.

You have checked with the Firebug folks, haven't you?

I tried the latest 1.6 alpha and I checked their Google Group for any mention of it. Do you have some reason to believe that they have a fix and that I'm just not seeing it?

No, but it is always worth checking with the author/developers of add-ons for (dev) versions that will work with Minefield/Trunk. Also, as I found out for a short time with Colorful Tabs, the author knew what needed to be done and had posted the info though he chose not to release a version that worked with Trunk. Because of this, I was able to "hack" it and he was gracious enough to host the "hacked" version in his forums. =D>

However, many do not want the hassle of trying to keep up with all the changes that occur in pre-alphas and will only start working on compatible versions once the browser goes to beta. Obviously, they figure the base code is stable enough at that point that they won't be aiming at a randomly-moving target. [-o<
Ray

bogas04

Post by bogas04 »

I cant do that thing for Stylish addon, i mean i did it and now i cant see stylish addon in the AOM, so can anyone make it into an addon and PM me? I'll be really great full :)
bogas04.github.io
MacBook Air Mid 2013 |@bogas04
fuxxi

Post by fuxxi »

ajnauron wrote:Is there a fix for Video DownloadHelper?

Nobody?

Also: Does anybody got an idea, how to get FoxClocks (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1117/) working again? The clock just doesnt want to appear on the status bar :-(
trolly

Post by trolly »

Anything in the error console? Probably best to install Console2 before.
Think for yourself. Otherwise you have to believe what other people tell you.
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
Constitution says: One man, one vote. Supreme court says: One dollar, one vote.
ajnauron

Post by ajnauron »

Anyone got a fix for Video DownloadHelper?
Intel Core i3-2310M | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | 16GB G.SKILL DDR3 1333MHz PC3-10666 | Western Digital 750GB 5400RPM | Windows 7 SP1 x64
Bo102010

Post by Bo102010 »

I got Image Zoom to semi-work: open its chrome folder and go inside imagezoom.jar. Inside the content folder, edit globals.js. Change the getAppVersion bit to:

Code: Select all

this.getAppVersion = function () {
        return "0.4.4";
    }

Make sure the changes to globals.js get saved inside the .jar, and then re-install the modified extension.

This is a hack; the real way would be to adapt Mossop's example here. It doesn't show up in the add-ons list, but it does work.

I'll play around with it to see if I can make it work for real, but this might tide some people over.
_Dexter_

Post by _Dexter_ »

Bo102010 wrote:I got Image Zoom to semi-work: open its chrome folder and go inside imagezoom.jar. Inside the content folder, edit globals.js. Change the getAppVersion bit to:

Code: Select all

this.getAppVersion = function () {
        return "0.4.4";
    }

Make sure the changes to globals.js get saved inside the .jar, and then re-install the modified extension.

This is a hack; the real way would be to adapt Mossop's example here. It doesn't show up in the add-ons list, but it does work.

I'll play around with it to see if I can make it work for real, but this might tide some people over.

Nice job, works well. To get it to appear on the add-ons list you need to delete extensions.sqlite. When you start up FF again it will be recreated with Image Zoom on the list.
Intel i7 Core Quad @ 4.25Ghz | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus | 12GB PC3-16000 RAM | ASUS HD6970 2GB - 12.3 CATS | ASUS PA246Q IPS 24" LCD 16:10 | OCZ AGILITY-EX SSD SLC | Windows 7 SP1 x64 Ultimate