Discussion of New Add-on Mgr. UI (Trunk Nightlies)

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Drug0y

Re: Discussion of New Add-on Mgr. UI (Trunk Nightlies)

Post by Drug0y »

pal-moz wrote:same behavior both on AOM and web page. not resized.

oh, you are right, forgot to check it with web pages. Well, then ignore this, seems like it was that way only my head.
GTK66

Post by GTK66 »

My extensions used to be all inline by alphabetical order and now they are just in any order they want-willy nilly sort of.
_Dexter_

Post by _Dexter_ »

Repeat after me.... This is Trunk... This is Trunk... Ad Infinitum. You really think that the shape the AOM is in now is going to be in the final build? Of course not! The best thing we can all do if we find a bug/quirk is to check if it's already been reported and if not do so.
Intel i7 Core Quad @ 4.25Ghz | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus | 12GB PC3-16000 RAM | ASUS HD6970 2GB - 12.3 CATS | ASUS PA246Q IPS 24" LCD 16:10 | OCZ AGILITY-EX SSD SLC | Windows 7 SP1 x64 Ultimate
NoNameAtAll

Post by NoNameAtAll »

sipowicz wrote:My extensions used to be all inline by alphabetical order and now they are just in any order they want-willy nilly sort of.

I deleted extensions.sqlite. Suddenly, my add-ons are in order.

Give that a shot.
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

streetwolf wrote:Repeat after me.... This is Trunk... This is Trunk... Ad Infinitum. You really think that the shape the AOM is in now is going to be in the final build? Of course not! The best thing we can all do if we find a bug/quirk is to check if it's already been reported and if not do so.

According to the last Mozilla blog post I read, 3.7 is officially being dropped so this will not show up until 4.0.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
ShareBird

Post by ShareBird »

patrickjdempsey wrote:According to the last Mozilla blog post I read, 3.7 is officially being dropped so this will not show up until 4.0.

Could you please post the source?
Silvermel - A Theme for Firefox and Thunderbird
YATT - Yet Another Theme Tutorial
Don't give a man a fish. Teach him how to fish instead.
pal-moz

Post by pal-moz »

ShareBird wrote:
patrickjdempsey wrote:According to the last Mozilla blog post I read, 3.7 is officially being dropped so this will not show up until 4.0.

Could you please post the source?

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/357844/mozi ... ox-4-plans
patrickjdempsey

Here's the official news from Beltzner's mouth where I read it, it's in the link above but buried in the text:

http://beltzner.ca/mike/2010/05/10/fire ... mpowering/

There's a slideshow and an OGG video presentation that's about 50 minutes long.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
ShareBird

Post by ShareBird »

Oh... I've seen this post but I didn't understand that 3.7 is being dropped...
Silvermel - A Theme for Firefox and Thunderbird
YATT - Yet Another Theme Tutorial
Don't give a man a fish. Teach him how to fish instead.
CatThief

Post by CatThief »

Yeah, and thank goodness the new AOM won't officially land until Firefox 4.0 in Q3 at the earliest. AFAIK Firefox 3.6.4, SeaMonkey 2.1, and Thunderbird 3.1 are all being released with the fully functional, visually appealing, neat and compact AOM we all know and love.
Still passionate for Mozilla themes and extensions, just not actively developing them for public release anymore.
patrickjdempsey

Oh yes, there are no plans to put this into action any time soon, and as we've all seen, it just flat out doesn't even work yet.
GTK66

Post by GTK66 »

streetwolf wrote:Repeat after me.... This is Trunk... This is Trunk... Ad Infinitum. You really think that the shape the AOM is in now is going to be in the final build? Of course not! The best thing we can all do if we find a bug/quirk is to check if it's already been reported and if not do so.

Yes I know that but about 3 hours ago Noscript updated and after a restart it was missing form the Extension list. I just got home and Adblock Plus updated and it went MIA as well.
So I built a new profile after the Noscript incident. But after the Adblack borking I just reinstalled it, and now I read that 3.7 is dead! ](*,)
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

For pity sake use the release builds and leave us in relative peace.
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
patrickjdempsey

Yup, that's exactly why nightly builds are not for daily use, and given the list of new features and changes planned for 4.0, there are going to be many many things that break in nightly builds for some time to come. If you really NEED to use the cutting edge, why not just use the stable alpha builds as they come out?

Sure the 3.7 version number is dead because the primary goal was to get OOPP working... and that's over to 3.6.4. Everything else that's in the trunk will just become the basis for 4.0. Not a big deal, we've been teased by this possibility in the past, but apparently it wasn't a sure thing, but now it is. In fact it makes more sense to have a totally new theme with a totally new major version and keep the 3.x releases *pure* with the Strata theme. I'm sure I'm not the *only* theme developer breathing a major major sigh of relief at the moment. Now I can guarantee to my users that all of my themes work with all 3.x versions.
GTK66

Post by GTK66 »

malliz wrote:For pity sake use the release builds and leave us in relative peace.

If you are talking to me you can piss off! We all thought that we were testing what would be Fx 4.0. There already is a 3.6.4 Trunk build that was out , it is now in Beta. Either someone got misinformed or Firefox is in real trouble.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1840495