Refused connection

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
jo440

Refused connection

Post by jo440 »

I just installed Thunderbird 3.0.4 and now I can't connect to my email account. I get the following message-"The connection was refused when attempting to contact live.mozillamessaging.com." So how do I solve this problem, or should I just go back to the previous release. I can get my mail through my providers web page, but would prefer to use Thunderbird. Help!
Daifne

Re: Refused connection

Post by Daifne »

Are you trying to use live.mozillamessaging.com as your server name? That is not a valid server name for any email account. Who is your email account with?
jo440

Post by jo440 »

My email account is with Frontier. It's a rural server where I live in Idaho. I can find no instance of live.mozillamessaging.com anywhere in my T-Bird settings. They all seem to point at frontiernet.net like they're supposed to. I'm also getting the message: Could not connect to server pop3.frontiernet.net; the connection was refused. I understand that the new T-Bird settings are imported from previous version and that there may be some glitches. So what gives.
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

What firewall are you using?
jo440

Post by jo440 »

I use Trend Micro Internet Security. So I turned off the firewall and now TBird will connect. I don't like turning off the firewall, but I did it.
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Remove Thunderbird from the firewall and allow it again when TM asks you for permission again.