Firefox vs. Citrix Ica client (WebInterface) HOWTO

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
LBJ

Firefox vs. Citrix Ica client (WebInterface) HOWTO

Post by LBJ »

Ive been trying for some time to find a solution on how to use Web Interface (WI) with Firefox, but the tips so far has either not worked or not been a complete solution...
After trying a few different solutions i found out what works, using WI only or WI with CSG/RSA.

Versioninfo:

Windows XP, SP2
FireFox 1.0

Webinterface with RSA/CSG.

Metaframe Access Client 8.0 (8.100.29670 128-bit SSL)

After installing both Firefox and the Ica client, the following files have to be copied from ..\Citrix\ICA Client\ to ..\Mozilla Firefix\plugins\ :

npicaN.dll (v. 8.100.29670.0)
icalogon.dll (v. 8.100.29670.0)
PScript.dll (doesnt list a ver.)
sslsdk_b.dll (v. 8.100.29670.0)
cgpcfg.dll (doesnt list a ver.)
TcpPServ.dll (doesnt list a ver.)
CgpCore.dll (doesnt list a ver.)

and from ..\Citrix\ICA Client\resource\en\ to ..\Mozilla Firefix\plugins\ :

npicanUI.dll (v. 8.100.29670.0)

To use WebInterface without RSA/CSG support you only the following file copied from ..\Citrix\ICA Client\ to ..\Mozilla Firefix\plugins\ :

npicaN.dll (v. 8.100.29670.0)

Hope this can be of help to someone other than myself :)

Post by Guest »

Thank you. It was useful for me!
sberg

Post by sberg »

For v8.00.24737 you also need

sslsdkUI.dll

from \resourc\en\

Post by Guest »

Thanks, that did the trick.
sphemy

Post by sphemy »

That's strange, i dit nothing about this, and it works for me. I use firefox 1.0, I installed MetaFrame Presentation Server Client Packager - Version 8.x. Link: http://www.citrix.com/site/SS/downloads ... 36&pID=186
The only problem I've got was with the certificate of the website where I was logging into. I've got the following error: "Server Certificate not trusted. Ssl error 61".
But after installing the certificated (by clicking on a link when I've opened the website in IE), the problem was gone.

Post by Guest »

Two things...

I found that if you install the Citrix client first and then Firefox, the plugin doesn't exist in the Firefox folder and you have to manually copy the files. I think the reasons for this are obvious. But if you (uninstall and then) install the Citrix client after you have installed Firefox, the files should get automatically copied correctly. This certainly simplified the process for me.

The second thing is that I also found that the icalogUI.dll file in resource\en was also copied over by the Client installation. I'm not sure if this is a "required" file, but in my mind, if Citrix is doing it as part of their installation, it can't hurt.
e-stewart

Re: Firefox vs. Citrix Ica client (WebInterface) HOWTO

Post by e-stewart »

Thanks. The first post solved my problem.