Working add-ons after XPCOM landing

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Elen

Re: Working add-ons after XPCOM landing

Post by Elen »

Paradox52525 wrote:All-In-One Gestures 21.0 is not actually "fully" working (at least not for me). The extension itself works fine, but you cannot access the options from the new addon manager (it just opens a new empty window which can only be closed from the taskbar). Probably easy to fix, but I'm not sure how to do it. You can still get at the options if you have a *gesture* bound to open the AIO options.

This is the error for the options:

Code: Select all

Error: Permission denied for <moz-nullprincipal:{a83e58c6-9f07-4dbc-95a6-3c7adf0f06ce}> (document.domain=<moz-nullprincipal:{a83e58c6-9f07-4dbc-95a6-3c7adf0f06ce}>) to get property Window.openDialog from <> (document.domain has not been set).
Source File: javascript:opener.openDialog('chrome://allinonegest/content/pref/aioOptions.xul','','chrome,all,dependent');window.close();
Line: 1

Options work if you load them directly in a tab:

chrome://allinonegest/content/pref/aioOptions.xul
Bozz

Post by Bozz »

Elen...I could just give you a big hug. I've been missing AIO for a long time. It's working perfectly now. Thank you... :)
mac404

Post by mac404 »

streetwolf wrote:Doesn't work for me, contrary to other reports they do.

Easy DragToGo 1.1.2.4
Download Status Bar 0.9.6.8

Working

Element Hider Helper for ABP 1.1a.20100702

Is your version of Easy DragToGo 1.1.2.4c? I can bring up the preferences tab and the drag gestures work the same as they have before.
cuz84d

Post by cuz84d »

WildcatRay wrote:
cuz84d wrote:
WildcatRay wrote:Jim,

What do you have set under Options > Applications for irc and ircs? I noticed in mine it is set to "Always ask". Maybe you need to get them set to Chatzilla, if possible.

I cannot even get that far with the most current version of chatzilla I could find, I hit preferences and it opens a blank new window in Minefield that I cannot do much with.

Are you saying you are having trouble opening Minefield's Tools > Options > Applications? :-k

Ah, I see that works, I was actually trying to Add-ons Chatzilla, preferences, brings up an empty new window, which didn't show Chatzilla preferences like it was from Tools->Chatzilla->Preferences.
a;skdjfajf;ak

Post by a;skdjfajf;ak »

cuz84d wrote:Ah, I see that works, I was actually trying to Add-ons Chatzilla, preferences, brings up an empty new window, which didn't show Chatzilla preferences like it was from Tools->Chatzilla->Preferences.

Chatzilla works if you start it from Tools->Chatzilla or from the CZ button you drag off the Customize Pallet.

It only fails to start if you try to use a direct link link: irc://irc.mozilla.org/firefox

I have filed: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=576745 , and one of the dev's pointed out that 'something' will have to be changed in the registration area of the link he gave me, which I put in the bug.
faulty_fox

Post by faulty_fox »

WildcatRay wrote:FYI: Stylish users, don't forget you can use userChrome.css and userContent.css for your various styles until Stylish itself gets "fixed".

For some reason minefield is ignoring my userChrome.css file. Is there a fix or something else that i should do?
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

PR0PHET wrote:
WildcatRay wrote:FYI: Stylish users, don't forget you can use userChrome.css and userContent.css for your various styles until Stylish itself gets "fixed".

For some reason minefield is ignoring my userChrome.css file. Is there a fix or something else that i should do?

WFM

Have you checked your code for placement in the proper file? [-o<
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
sciguyryan
Folder@Home

Post by sciguyryan »

Firebug 1.5.0 seems to be not functioning.
Cheers!

Ryan Jones
faulty_fox

Post by faulty_fox »

WildcatRay wrote:
PR0PHET wrote:

WFM

I use ChromEdit Plus to edit the code.
It worked in the previous builds so why wouldn't it work in this one?
ajnauron

Post by ajnauron »

Try using Notepad.
Intel Core i3-2310M | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | 16GB G.SKILL DDR3 1333MHz PC3-10666 | Western Digital 750GB 5400RPM | Windows 7 SP1 x64
Duke D

Post by Duke D »

I don't suppose there's a way to dump all current stylish styles in a text file?

Moving them all manually is going to be pretty annoying :P
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

PR0PHET wrote:
WildcatRay wrote:
PR0PHET wrote:For some reason minefield is ignoring my userChrome.css file. Is there a fix or something else that i should do?

WFM

I use ChromEdit Plus to edit the code.
It worked in the previous builds so why wouldn't it work in this one?

I was asking if you had your styles segregated by for the browser Chrome vs. for web pages (content). Though you say userChrome, I still did not want to assume what all your styles were for. :-k

You did restart the browser, didn't you?
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
Paradox52525

Post by Paradox52525 »

Elen wrote:This is the error for the options:

Error: Permission denied for <moz-nullprincipal:{a83e58c6-9f07-4dbc-95a6-3c7adf0f06ce}> (document.domain=<moz-nullprincipal:{a83e58c6-9f07-4dbc-95a6-3c7adf0f06ce}>) to get property Window.openDialog from <> (document.domain has not been set).
Source File: javascript:opener.openDialog('chrome://allinonegest/content/pref/aioOptions.xul','','chrome,all,dependent');window.close();
Line: 1

Options work if you load them directly in a tab:

chrome://allinonegest/content/pref/aioOptions.xul

Awesome. Now that I know what to look for I was able to fix it. Just go into All-In-One Gestures install.rdf and replace the line:

<em:optionsURL>javascript:opener.openDialog('chrome://allinonegest/content/pref/aioOptions.xul','','chrome,all,dependent');window.close();</em:optionsURL>

with just:

<em:optionsURL>chrome://allinonegest/content/pref/aioOptions.xul</em:optionsURL>

and then options works fine from the addon manager as well :D Thanks Elen!
Last edited by Paradox52525 on July 3rd, 2010, 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
faulty_fox

Post by faulty_fox »

WildcatRay wrote:You did restart the browser, didn't you?

Of course i tried. Now after trying a new profile i discovered that after disabling a few add-ons it works.
But i'm not really sure which add-on is the main cause... strange :-k
Well the most important thing is that now it's working.
couldabeen

Post by couldabeen »

Not working To Date:
Image Zoom 0.4.4
Greasemonkey 0.8042010.6
Free Your Mind, And Your A$$ Will Follow - Funkadelic, 1970