Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
ajnauron

Re: Working add-ons after XPCOM landing

Post by ajnauron »

couldabeen wrote:Not working To Date:
Image Zoom 0.4.4
Greasemonkey 0.8042010.6

Here's the working greasemonkey.
Intel Core i3-2310M | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | 16GB G.SKILL DDR3 1333MHz PC3-10666 | Western Digital 750GB 5400RPM | Windows 7 SP1 x64
dickvl

Post by dickvl »

With the examples of Adblock Plus (Bug 576492) and GreaseMonkey I managed to get PrefBar working again with a patched goprefbar.js in the component folder :D:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/User:Dickvl/PrefBar
DeathWolf

Post by DeathWolf »

For me:
Greasemonkey (fixed version a page earlier)
UC(fixed version on AMO)

Tab Mix Plus
downloadthemall
firebug
yesscript
element inspector
console2
oldlocationbar
CuteMenus - Crystal SVG
downloadhelper
downloadthemall
addneditcookies
mason

Are those last ones still broken or are there fixed versions around?
Alternatively, is there an easy way to migrate or is it a lot case per case?
RyanVM

Post by RyanVM »

Has anybody tried FireFTP yet?
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Slightly OT but they managed to kill themed scroll bars in third party themes
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=576813
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
ajnauron

Post by ajnauron »

RyanVM wrote:Has anybody tried FireFTP yet?

Not working. Pressing Prefs freezes it.
Intel Core i3-2310M | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | 16GB G.SKILL DDR3 1333MHz PC3-10666 | Western Digital 750GB 5400RPM | Windows 7 SP1 x64
fuxxi

Post by fuxxi »

"Sage" is no longer working, too :( :( - anybody got a mod for it?

edit: Just for completetion: "Sage-Too" and "Sage++ (Higmmer's Edition)" are not working either.

And from experience in the past, Sage (one of the most important add-ons for me) gets updated as one of the latest add-ons. :(
peeppeep

Post by peeppeep »

Will the broken extensions start working again if I wait long enough?
Or do the devs think: love for firefox should hurt?
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

peeppeep wrote:Will the broken extensions start working again if I wait long enough?

If the extension authors update them as usual. Nothing really that unusual about extensions breaking because of some change. If you don't want to have this happen use a release build.
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
peeppeep

Post by peeppeep »

malliz wrote:
peeppeep wrote:Will the broken extensions start working again if I wait long enough?

If the extension authors update them as usual. Nothing really that unusual about extensions breaking because of some change. If you don't want to have this happen use a release build.

Well, it would also happen with Firefox 4 if extensions are abandoned by the writer; that is the big problem.
As it seems now a bad bargain for the ability to use an extension without restarting. I rather had my unsupported extensions working. :D
I don't exclude I'll ever find replacing add-ons , but does the new feature compensate the lost time and effort? That's the question.
(Malliz, this thread is not meant for this kind of discussions, so I won't respond anymore.)
GTK66

Post by GTK66 »

IMO, Mozilla should remove all extensions that are not updated to at least the 3.6.x level.
Duke D

Post by Duke D »

peeppeep wrote:
malliz wrote:

Well, it would also happen with Firefox 4 if extensions are abandoned by the writer; that is the big problem.
As it seems now a bad bargain for the ability to use an extension without restarting. I rather had my unsupported extensions working. :D
I don't exclude I'll ever find replacing add-ons , but does the new feature compensate the lost time and effort? That's the question.
(Malliz, this thread is not meant for this kind of discussions, so I won't respond anymore.)

It's not Mozilla's job to develop around extensions, it's the extension's author's job to develop around Mozilla.

If it wasn't this particular update that broke all old extensions, it would be something else down the line. Authors will adapt and update as needed, or new extensions will come that will replace those left behind. That's how it has always worked.
AteUte52

Post by AteUte52 »

Working: DownThemAll! Nightly 2.0b2pre.20100704.1970 is working OK!

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; en-US; rv:2.0b2pre) Gecko/20100703 Minefield/4.0b2pre Firefox/3.6.6 ID:20100703040109
_Dexter_

Post by _Dexter_ »

For those who can't live without Stylish here's an older version modified by Alice:

http://space.geocities.jp/alice0775/STORE/stylish-0.5.9.10070201-Fx4.0.xpi

Keep in mind the current version styles are in an SQL data base so you can't use them. You have to use an SQL reader to grab them from the db and make them text files. Then you can create new styles with them.

Jason B. knows of the problem with the current version and I'm sure an updated version will come soon.
Last edited by _Dexter_ on July 4th, 2010, 7:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Intel i7 Core Quad @ 4.25Ghz | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus | 12GB PC3-16000 RAM | ASUS HD6970 2GB - 12.3 CATS | ASUS PA246Q IPS 24" LCD 16:10 | OCZ AGILITY-EX SSD SLC | Windows 7 SP1 x64 Ultimate
hexx

Post by hexx »

Anyone fixed Speed Dial 0.9.5 ?