I cannot access my online banking account with FF or IE

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
dena222

I cannot access my online banking account with FF or IE

Post by dena222 »

I am having no issues with any other page, but for some reason suddenly I cannot access my online banking account. I get an error message that says "Unable to Process Request - Try Again Later or Contact Customer Service". I was on the phone with the manager of the bank, everything looked fine with the account, no issues were being had on their end as far as the website.

The weird thing is, I cannot even access this account through IE either, so I'm not totally convinced it's a FF problem, but after spending over an hour on the phone with the bank and trying a few different things and having no success, he suggested I contact FF tech support and see if anyone can help.

Thank you to anyone who offers some suggestions. I would really like to solve this problem so I don't have to have them reset my account as a new user, b/c then I will lose all of my history in the account.

Thanks again.
Dena
trolly

Re: I cannot access my online banking account with FF or IE

Post by trolly »

Which bank?
Think for yourself. Otherwise you have to believe what other people tell you.
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
Constitution says: One man, one vote. Supreme court says: One dollar, one vote.
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

Try Again Later or Contact Customer Service

That Contact Customer Service line sure sounds like the browsers are getting into the bank but then stopped for some reason.
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
underscoreTom

Post by underscoreTom »

If it's happening in a browser other than Firefox, then it's certainly not a problem with Firefox.

Then again, bank tech support folks aren't exactly known for troubleshooting skills other than resetting passwords.
dena222

Post by dena222 »

It's a local bank "Bank Mutual" is the name of the bank.

Any suggestions even if it's not isolated to FF? I have limited knowledge when it comes to this stuff.

Thank you so much for your help.
dena
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

Are you having the problem just getting to the site or the site displays but you can't login or ??

If its not displaying the first page then you might want to post the link here... maybe somebody will see something in the code.
dena222

Post by dena222 »

The site displays, but I cannot login. This is as far as I get: https://web1.secureinternetbank.com/pbi ... =Portfolio. Then when I put in my userid I get this:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Login
Error

Unable to Process Request - Try Again Later or Contact Customer Support (this is in a big red bar across the top of the screen)

Welcome! If this is your first time accessing Online banking, please click on the "First Time Login" button for instant enrollment

Please note that online banking accounts that are inactive for more than 90 days are removed for security purposes. If your account is inactive for more than 90 days, you can enroll again as a first time user by clicking the "First Time Login" button.

Access ID:

Did you forget your password?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried to paste a print screen image but I guess I can't do that in this post. So that's just a copy/paste of all the words on the screen. I don't know if that is helpful to anyone or not. :(

dena
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

Sure sounds like they deleted your password or user account or ?? You are getting to their web site so that means that you're not getting blocked by your computer. I think you better talk to another rep at the bank... in their tech dept. In re-establishing a bank account you should not lose anything with respect to history because that history should be connected to your bank account... not your user id.

Also, when/if talking to them again... concentrate your inquires with them about the failures with IE... not Firefox because they will just blame everything on Firefox.
Also...for future info...
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Posting_a_scr ... _the_forum
dena222

Post by dena222 »

I agree, the prompts given to me def. sounded like a problem on their end. I will call them again and see what they can do. Thanks to everyone who responded, you are all so nice here!!
Thanks again.
Vectorspace

Post by Vectorspace »

You could try it from a friend's computer, thus identifying if it is an issue with your computer (perhaps firewall, antivirus, network settings, etc.) or something on their end.
"All things being equal, the simplest answer is usually the correct one" - Occam's Razor
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:5.0) Gecko/20110624 Thunderbird/5.0
jimcrich

Post by jimcrich »

disable the cookies for that bank account and block the bank account from saving cookies in your browser.

(your browser)>Tools>Options>Privacy tab>(near 'Accept cookies from sites')press: Exceptions (button)> enter your bank's URL in the blank box - press the 'Block' button>Close.

This will block your browser from accepting any more cookies from the bank site and will allow you to access your bank account fresh each time.
Alan Baxter

Post by Alan Baxter »

jimcrich wrote:disable the cookies for that bank account and block the bank account from saving cookies in your browser.

That's bad advice. The bank may need to have cookies enabled. In cases where a corrupted cookie could be the problem, clearing the cache and bank cookies without blocking them may fix it.

Clear the browser cache:
- Tools->Options->Advanced->Network tab->click on "Clear Now" button

Delete any cookies relating to the site(s) involved:
- Select Tools > Options > Privacy > Firefox will: Use custom settings for history
- Click the Show Cookies button
- Search for the site, select the cookies, click Remove Cookie
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

Now why would the OP want to block cookies from a trusted bank account? If I did that with my accounts I would never be able to get into any of them. Besides that... She was also having the same problem with IE.
criticalcarerepair

Post by criticalcarerepair »

Solution:

Bank Mutual and any other bank who uses secureinternetbank.com to provide their online banking uses a combination of technologies to login. One of those technologies is Flash.

In this case, her flash installation and/or flash site information was corrupted. In addition, flash works in tandem with browser cookies to authorize a certain PC and its browser to login. Both had to be cleared.

Upon doing this, access was restored.

Sounds easy, but took some digging. Hope this helps some one in the future.
Lockologist

Post by Lockologist »

To the last post. I have the SAME issue with my bank,a credit union. And it was not an issue until switching to Verizon. As T-Mobile worked great for checking my account. An employee at the bank told me he had the same issue and investigated with no luck too fix it.So,it sounds like your solution COULD help me!