Can't access weather.com site?

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
walker7366

Can't access weather.com site?

Post by walker7366 »

can everyone else access the weather.com site? i can't today, for some reason. can with Safari, though. in Firefox (version 1.0) it seems to relay to a different url (www.w3.weather.com), which is the one it cannot access. why the relay? any ideas?
Scorps1

Post by Scorps1 »

I got it to load once at the redirect but it refused to load after that. Internet Explorer loaded at the url for weather.com. I am wondering if they are detecting a non-IE compliant browser and redirecting to a site written to standards. Of course why it wouldn't load dependably is a mystery unless the surge in Firefox usage is overwhelming limited bandwith they are allocating to the site. IE would not load the www.w3weather.com site either so I don't think it is a firefox problem.

I would do two things to solve the problem. Download the extention ieview which will allow you to right click on the weather.com page when it refuses to load and load it up in IE and secondly email the Weather Channels tech support and ask them what is going on. http://www.weather.com/interact/contact ... tions.html
walker7366

Post by walker7366 »

thanks for the reply. i sent an email to the weather channel. thanks for the link. there's something strange going on with this redirection thing which other browsers don't seem to do. funny, it didn't do this on the rc version... i know this is not a big deal to most people, nor to me, since it's just the weather channel, but i thought i would mention it because it might be something important for development issues.
walker7366

Post by walker7366 »

update--it seems that the problem is not with www.w3.weather.com, but with www.w2.weather.com which tries to send it over to www.w3.weather.com. i could access www.w3.weather.com directly once, but then not again, but not once for www.w2.weather.com.

in firefox, when i type in www.weather.com, it 'jumps' to www.w2.weather.com, and gets stuck on that (and on the bottom of the browser it says "Waiting for www.w3.weather.com." anyway...