Yahoo Mail in Seamonkey 2.0.6

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
PyR0NiAk

Yahoo Mail in Seamonkey 2.0.6

Post by PyR0NiAk »

I can't seem to get yahoo mail to work with Seamonkey 2.0.6. I tried downloading the webmail extension, but when I went to download the Yahoo extension, it said it wasn't compatible with Seamonkey 2.0.6. Is there another extension that will allow Yahoo's POP server to work with Seamonkey 2.0.6?
ray2047

Re: Yahoo Mail in Seamonkey 2.0.6

Post by ray2047 »

It probably works. You just need to spoof your user agent. Google "user agent add-on Seamonkey".
As Always: I may be right. I may be wrong.
PyR0NiAk

Post by PyR0NiAk »

ray2047 wrote:It probably works. You just need to spoof your user agent. Google "user agent add-on Seamonkey".

Is this what you're talking about?
Ztruker

Post by Ztruker »

No spoofing needed for Yahoo mail with SM 2.0.6 or any other version I've used. Perhaps you have another Add-on that is causing your problem? Try starting SM in Safe Mode, see if it still has a problem.
Rich
Do, or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
PyR0NiAk

Post by PyR0NiAk »

Ztruker wrote:No spoofing needed for Yahoo mail with SM 2.0.6 or any other version I've used. Perhaps you have another Add-on that is causing your problem? Try starting SM in Safe Mode, see if it still has a problem.

I've tried. Supposedly Yahoo blocked POP access to U.S. based accounts. Do you care to post your settings you used?
ks4rs

Post by ks4rs »

Being lazy myself, I just have my various email accounts (Gmail, my own website email accounts) forward to my Comcast account, which is the only one SeaMonkey checks every 10 minutes.
ray2047

Post by ray2047 »

I have been on the net since 1995 and one thing I have noticed consistently in advice forums is complaints about Either MSN or Yahoo mail not working. On the other hand you seldom see complaints about Gmail. I have used it for over 5 years with no problem. I wonder sometimes why people don't just bite the bullet and switch Email services. If you had a car that kept breaking down and you could trade for free for a better one wouldn't you? Not an endorsement of Gmail just wondering why people stick with services the have a long history of introducing new programs that don't always work. But hey that's the attitude that made AOL great. (-:
As Always: I may be right. I may be wrong.
Ztruker

Post by Ztruker »

Sorry, I misunderstood. You were talking about POP access while I was talking about using SeaMonkey browser to read Yahoo mail on-line? From what I've remember, you need a paid for Yahoo mail account to to do what you want.

Google mail (Gmail) works fine under SM E-mail as a POP account.
Rich
Do, or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
therube

Post by therube »

> tried downloading the webmail extension

URL?

> you need a paid for Yahoo mail account to to do what you want

Correct.
Though it still may be free for some countries?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
sixrealms

Post by sixrealms »

PyR0NiAk wrote:
Ztruker wrote:No spoofing needed for Yahoo mail with SM 2.0.6 or any other version I've used. Perhaps you have another Add-on that is causing your problem? Try starting SM in Safe Mode, see if it still has a problem.

I've tried. Supposedly Yahoo blocked POP access to U.S. based accounts. Do you care to post your settings you used?

I'm again encountering the "Mail server pop.att.yahoo.com responded: invalid user/password (error 999)". Send works. Over the years, I've encountered this problem intermittently, generally after a system/software change, and it seemed to work its way out over time. This weekend, I did cleaning to remove a rootkit enabled by my stupidity (its now removed) and changed from Symantec to MS Essentials. Now, Sea Monkey Get Msg only retrieves the error 999. After approx 12 hours (give and take) Sea Monkey does automatically receive the email. I hate having to use Yahoo's web based mailer.

Settings:
pop.att.yahoo.com 995 SSL No Secure Authentication
smtp.att.yahoo.com 465 SSL No Secure Authentication

I'd like to understand the problem and solutions, and where you heard of Yahoo blocking POP access. :?
therube

Post by therube »

Not blocking POP, just not free.

Yahoo! Mail Plus
"Get a whole year for $19.99—that's less than $2/month!"

"The ability to access Yahoo! Mail using an email reader program such as Outlook, Eudora, or Thunderbird is only available to customers of our premium Yahoo! Mail Plus service."
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/y ... 1Fb8i7myN4
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
sixrealms

Post by sixrealms »

therube wrote:Not blocking POP, just not free.

Yahoo! Mail Plus
"Get a whole year for $19.99—that's less than $2/month!"

"The ability to access Yahoo! Mail using an email reader program such as Outlook, Eudora, or Thunderbird is only available to customers of our premium Yahoo! Mail Plus service."
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/y ... 1Fb8i7myN4

Doesn't being an AT&T/Yahoo DSL subscriber, paying its monthly fee, entitle me to it's POP without additional cost?

Some consumers look for best values and I am one. I don't see that AT&T wants my business. I'm considering dropping my AT&T land line and rely on my cell phone. Perhaps others can recommend other compatible DSL services for the Chicago area.
therube

Post by therube »

Don't know?
Guess you'd have to contact AT&T to see if (Yahoo) POP is included.
sixrealms

Post by sixrealms »

therube wrote:Don't know?
Guess you'd have to contact AT&T to see if (Yahoo) POP is included.

Just had an AT&T support chat and ADDIE responded:
"I would like to inform you that AT&T has just done a collaboration with Yahoo, to access AT&T email account in any email client like Outlook, Outlook Express, or Windows mail with AT&T email address you don't need to pay anything extra. You can have access to your AT&T email account in outlook."

I'll wait another day or two to see if the problem resolves itself, as it has in the past, before calling support.