Moving tab location to bottom

Discussion of features in Seamonkey
videobruce

Moving tab location to bottom

Post by videobruce »

I can't find any add-on or extension for SeaMonkey to allow moving the Tabs from the top to the bottom like Opera has as standard. I just don't like the tabs on top. They are hard to find, getting buried below the Address/Navigation bar. Having them right about the Task Bar makes more sense anyways.
I know there are a couple of add-ons for Firefox that allowed this. Also a 'Close' button on each tab is also missing as a standard option in either Browser. :(

Or,
is there something in that about.config file that will allow these changes?
Browsers that don't have a conventional horizontal Menu bar (where it's been for 25 years) are poorly designed. Period. Stop 'fixing' something that isn't broke!
therube

Re: Moving tab location to bottom

Post by therube »

Close button on tab, you should be able to come up with. I know it's been mentioned here before.

Tabs on bottom, don't recall?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
ElTxolo

Post by ElTxolo »

videobruce wrote:I can't find any add-on or extension for SeaMonkey to allow moving the Tabs from the top to the bottom like Opera has as standard. I just don't like the tabs on top. They are hard to find, getting buried below the Address/Navigation bar. Having them right about the Task Bar makes more sense anyways.

Try http://userstyles.org/ & http://forum.userstyles.org/
videobruce wrote:I know there are a couple of add-ons for Firefox that allowed this. Also a 'Close' button on each tab is also missing as a standard option in either Browser. :(

:-k ... CatThief :: SeaTab X 1.0.5

Without using any extension, you also can close each tab, clicking it with the middle mouse button. :)

Cheers! 8-)
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way - How to Report Bugs Effectively ;)
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240318 SeaMonkey/2.53.18.2
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:91.0) Gecko/20240416 SeaMonkey/2.53.19 :lildevil:

~
videobruce

Post by videobruce »

Ok that SeaTab worked as far as a close button. That also solved the problem of not being able to (easily) tell which tab is active. Two very bad omissions of Mozilla, which have been reasons I haven't used Mozilla, too many standard features (that I use every day, that come standard with Opera) are absent here.

I couldn't find anything from that other link.
Browsers that don't have a conventional horizontal Menu bar (where it's been for 25 years) are poorly designed. Period. Stop 'fixing' something that isn't broke!
Ztruker

Post by Ztruker »

I use a userChrome.css entry I got from this forum to change the background color of the active tab to ble so it' very easy to spot.

/* Change color of active tab */
tab{-moz-appearance: none !important;}
tab[selected="true"]
{
font-weight: bold !important;
background-color: rgb(100,200,255) !important;
color: white !important;
}
Rich
Do, or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
therube

Post by therube »

> I use a userChrome.css entry

+1
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
os1smith

Post by os1smith »

There is an extension called "Colorful Tabs" love that ext. random colors for each tab or site specific colors set in pref. but for your case there is also a pref. setting for fade percent on non active tabs. You could set the fade to 60% or so, so the tab your on would be pretty obvious. Here is the link or just look for Colorful Tabs in the extension library.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamon ... &advanced=
videobruce

Post by videobruce »

I'm more interested in the location of the tab bar. That add-on that adds the red 'X' helps somewhat.

I added that script to that chrome.css file, but it didn't take. Neither did a previous entry.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Moving to SM Features as per request...
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
therube

Post by therube »

I didn't actually check the code that rich posted.
Mine is slightly different. Though would think that either should work?

Code: Select all

/* Change color of active tab */ 
tab{
   -moz-appearance: none !important;
}
tab[selected="true"] {
   background-color: rgb(0,153,255) !important;
   color: black !important;
videobruce

Post by videobruce »

Tabs Mix Plus works in Firefox, is there any way one can force installation in SeaMonkey when one of these 'add-ons' won't install??
therube

Post by therube »

videobruce

Post by videobruce »

:(