Discuss Panorama (Tab Candy) and bugs here

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
a;skdjfajf;ak

Discuss Panorama (Tab Candy) and bugs here

Post by a;skdjfajf;ak »

Current list of known bugs by the TabCandy team:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cg ... 4+tabcandy

After test-day tomorrow I suspect this list will grow like mad.

TabCandy and Sync Testday info here: http://quality.mozilla.org/events/2010/ ... gust-13th/

EDIT: New query for T-C bugs: Check here before filing would be my suggestion:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cg ... t=TabCandy

For inquiring minds - If you never use TabCandy it has no impact on memory, at TabCandy loads in an iFrame, and the iFrame is not loaded until you use T-C. This from one of the devs on IRC.
Last edited by a;skdjfajf;ak on August 14th, 2010, 2:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cuz84d

Re: Discuss Tab Candy and bugs here

Post by cuz84d »

I lost all my tabs trying to play with tab candy as the one I selected opened in a new window, then I closed that and it closed the browser, wtf.. I couldn't figure out how to group them up and show all them, and still save my tabs, I don't like it already .. its just a different kind of all tabs.. for me, it doesn't seem to do any good on small screens and less than 10 -- 20 tabs open.

There is also no way to close tabview without closing the browser unless you have to click on tabs.. I think that is UX issue because you should be able to close the view without having to click on something.. imagine it would better on dual monitor and having this window open all the time? Maybe better then removing my browser window entirely.. which is really a bad experience.

Also, I think only being able to see one set at a time, will make people forget they have other tabs open, I would rather have Tabsets show as separate windows, but not hide stuff.. no wonder I lost tabs.. I can see lots of bad feedback on this alone.
fragerfox

Post by fragerfox »

Does anyone else find that when using undo close tab the tab doesn't reopen in that set it was closed in? I've tried both reopening tabs in the current set and in sets that are in the background. This also leads me to shouldn't undo close tabs only reopen tabs from the current set?

I've also found two problems with tab sets and app tabs. Firstly while on an app tab and opening a new tab it makes a set with the app tab and the new tab. Secondly clicking on an app tabs doesn't keep showing the tabs of a set if the app tabs aren't part of the set. The app tabs themselves however still persist if you bring up a set of tabs even if they aren't in the set. I'm thinking that maybe app tabs should either be ignored and removed from the tab sets page or be made a special case and put into a set of their own which could make them easier to add app tabs by only needing to drag a tab onto that set.
t0y

Post by t0y »

With the menu bar disabled it takes over the titlebar, hides the window buttons and messes up the window corners.
Never having tried it before I was confused at first. :)
sciguyryan
Folder@Home

Post by sciguyryan »

Looks like a fix for the unclosable groups is already up and waiting reviews and approvals.

Edit: Does anyone know how one can undo the closing of a tab or group in the Tab Candy view? If not, are there bugs on these issues since there probably should be?
Cheers!

Ryan Jones
solidslash

Post by solidslash »

t0y wrote:With the menu bar disabled it takes over the titlebar, hides the window buttons and messes up the window corners.
Never having tried it before I was confused at first. :)

Same here.
RNiK

Post by RNiK »

Question: is Tab Candy usable with vertical tab bar? (ad es. in conjunction with Tree Style Tabs)
MondoWin ==> Italian site for information about MS Windows tweaking
trolly

Post by trolly »

I would expect a tooltip with the title when hovering over a thumbnail. And also a way to disable tab candy again.
Can anyone confirm that there is no bug for the first?

Edit: Is there a way to ungroup the tabs?
Think for yourself. Otherwise you have to believe what other people tell you.
A society based on individualism is an oxymoron. || Freedom is at first the freedom to starve.
Constitution says: One man, one vote. Supreme court says: One dollar, one vote.
a;skdjfajf;ak

Post by a;skdjfajf;ak »

trolly wrote:I would expect a tooltip with the title when hovering over a thumbnail. And also a way to disable tab candy again.

A tooltip would be nice, or even blow up the image when hovered to at a least something readable.

I asked last night when it first landed if there was a way to turn it off and was told there is no way to disable it.. just don't use it (which I thought was a bit arrogant) but whatever.
sciguyryan
Folder@Home

Post by sciguyryan »

trolly wrote:I would expect a tooltip with the title when hovering over a thumbnail. And also a way to disable tab candy again.

if you want to ungroup tabs, you just drag them out of a group and let them sit there. Or you can drag them all into one group and load that - same effect.

As for disabling it, you can just hide the button - if you don't use it then nothing changes :)
Cheers!

Ryan Jones
Cru_N_cher

Post by Cru_N_cher »

RNiK wrote:Question: is Tab Candy usable with vertical tab bar? (ad es. in conjunction with Tree Style Tabs)

it works perfect with it :) also it's much easier to get access to it as the button is @ the bottom of the vertical tab bar ;)

gwadaboy

Post by gwadaboy »

How can i for example place a google search tab automatically in search box i've created?
Gott

Post by Gott »

I'm currently unable to actually close created groups after having created them, the little x is almost impossible to select and when actually succeeding clicking it does nothing.

I also thought that there would be an easy way to select multiple tabs and move them together, currently dragging over them simply creates a new group/box ...
gwadaboy

Post by gwadaboy »

Ive also heard that a feature that unload unused tabs in background will be implemented to save memory.
Is it in yet? I dont see no option to configure tab candy.
Cru_N_cher

Post by Cru_N_cher »

Gott wrote:I'm currently unable to actually close created groups after having created them, the little x is almost impossible to select and when actually succeeding clicking it does nothing.

I also thought that there would be an easy way to select multiple tabs and move them together, currently dragging over them simply creates a new group/box ...

multi tab selection capability is a very heavily requested feature, especially when you want to reorganize your sessions that you have created for example via session manager or tab mix plus :)
Though the way the session managing addons currently behave with TabCandy isn't really optimal @ all in terms of saving/loading sessions back ordered, will still need some time for this to work hand in hand :)