"New Tab" missing from right-click menu?

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
yuoo2k

Re: "New Tab" missing from right-click menu?

Post by yuoo2k »

nimd4 wrote:How can the Open Link in New Tab and Open Link in New Window right-click link menu items be inverted in Firefox 4.x (Minefield, currently), pls; Tnx!..:)

Add to userChrome.css:

Code: Select all

#contentAreaContextMenu > * {
   -moz-box-ordinal-group: 2;
}
#context-openlink {
   -moz-box-ordinal-group: 1 !important;
}

This should force the Open Link in New Window stay on top.
4td8s

Post by 4td8s »

Thank you, yuoo2k! Now that's the answer I am looking for. :)
More importantly, I've tested out yuoo2k's solution with an FF4.0b4 candidate build and have inverted the Open Link in New Window and Open Link in New Tab menu commands.

Though using the "userChrome.css" solution will only work with the current Firefox user profile. If there are other user profiles for FF on the computer, you'll have to make copies of the modified CSS file and put them in the other user profiles in order for other Firefox users to see the changes.
James

Post by James »

4td8s wrote:
nimd4 wrote:P.S.
4td8s, the options for the addon are pretty straight-forward, once installed..;)

WRONG ANSWER, nimd4!

where's the so-called menu editor addon you are talking about and what are the steps to invert/switch the New Tab and New Window options on the right-click menu? :x
perhaps you didn't fully understand my question earlier.

And your answer was rude so be nice and you could have easily searched for the "Menu Editor" Extension (which has been around for quite some time) yourself.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/710/
http://menueditor.mozdev.org/
VistaVick

Post by VistaVick »

Hi, using firefox 4.0 b3

The code above to alter the context menu in my userchrome has no effect. I have no idea why. I have a few other tweaks to adjust the look of the menu bar that did work. I have also tried past edits for the right click context menu and none have any effect. It's only using one profile as far as I can tell, and that's the file I am editing.

Also, I do not understand why in this thread the menu editor addon has been mentioned when it does not install or work with firefox 4.
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

VistaVick wrote:Also, I do not understand why in this thread the menu editor addon has been mentioned when it does not install or work with firefox 4.

You probably should not expect any menu editing extensions to work perfectly for some time to come as the context menus are still being revised. Whenever an entry in a context menu is moved or resorted, that can break those extensions.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
VistaVick

Post by VistaVick »

I understand, I just didn't get why the extension was being mentioned when the original poster was using 4.
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

Welcome to the fabulous world of forums.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
makondo

Post by makondo »

Menu Editor works perfectly fine for me (even though it says incompatible, like many other exts. which all happen to work fine nonetheless):
COKEDUDE

Post by COKEDUDE »

Does anyone know of a way to do this without an extension?