Email attachment download links not working in Firefox

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
xanthon

Email attachment download links not working in Firefox

Post by xanthon »

For some months now I have been unable to download attachments to emails received by a Yahoo account. I believed it to be a Yahoo problem. However, I have opened Yahoo with another browser and was able to download an attachment which I could not download with Firefox. When I click the download link in Yahoo, nothing happens. I have tried deleting all Yahoo cookies but that did not fix the problem.

I searched for posts about this topic and found nothing:
The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: download link.
You must specify at least one word to search for. Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards.

I would appreciate any suggestions as to possible causes of the problem and possible solutions. Thank you.
DanRaisch

Re: Email attachment download links not working in Firefox

Post by DanRaisch »

Are you able to download files from sources other than Yahoo? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Unable_to_sav ... load_files
xanthon

Post by xanthon »

Hi, thanks. Yes, I am able to download email attachments from gmail and to download documents from other sites. I will have a close look at that knowledge base article and links, thank you. I recently replaced the localstore.rdf file because Firefox stopped launching in a maximised state. The Yahoo problem pre-dates that change by several months.
xanthon

Post by xanthon »

I have tried the suggestions in the Knowledge Base article, without any luck. I changed a Media Player Connectivity option to use the browser download manager. Now when I click the 'Download' link in Yahoo, it opens the document in the tab, without giving me the option to download it instead.

I am puzzled because I only have this problem on Yahoo. Any further thoughts?
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

xanthonm
The link in your forum signature, because it is to a commercial website, can and will be considered spam. We have zero tolerance for spam here. Please remove it. faq.php?mode=rules#f4r13
xanthon

Post by xanthon »

Ok. Have done.

Are there any values in about:config I can change to modify the behaviour of the download manager?

I have the extension pdf download. It does not work in Yahoo whether or not I enable the Firefox download manager in Media Player Connectivity. Downloading from gmail works fine regardless of the MPC settings.
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Thanks xanthon.
xanthon

Post by xanthon »

I finally found the culprit. It is an add-on called Redirect Cleaner. Without it, the links in Yahoo work.