MozillaZine

The Official Win32 20100904 Trunk build is out.

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
LoudNoise
New Member

User avatar
 
Posts: 40048
Joined: October 18th, 2007, 1:45 pm
Location: Next door to the west

Post Posted September 3rd, 2010, 3:19 pm

Gott - Get out foe.

Stay on topic folks.Image
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."

Gott
 
Posts: 131
Joined: September 18th, 2004, 6:42 pm

Post Posted September 3rd, 2010, 3:31 pm

LoudNoise wrote:Gott - Get out foe.

I'm sorry, I'm only replying to this because my name was singled out for some reason. I'm not entirely sure what you are trying to tell me here, while I consider my English quite passable, it isn't my native language and I honestly have no idea what you were trying to tell me here ... if anything at all. :|

LoudNoise
New Member

User avatar
 
Posts: 40048
Joined: October 18th, 2007, 1:45 pm
Location: Next door to the west

Post Posted September 3rd, 2010, 3:35 pm

Sorry! At work "Check Out foe.:)" It is a a way to not see people's posts.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."

Omega X

User avatar
 
Posts: 8134
Joined: October 18th, 2007, 2:38 pm
Location: A Parallel Dimension...

Post Posted September 3rd, 2010, 3:35 pm

In the User Control Panel, there is a function called Friends & Foes. Adding me to "Foe" ensures that you cannot fully see what I post, thus being "Ignored".
Latest: Firefox/71.0 *ESR/68.3.0 - Mobile/71.0 - Thunderbird/68.3.0
Nightly: Nightly/73.0a1 - Mobile/73.0a1 - Daily/73.0a1

Gott
 
Posts: 131
Joined: September 18th, 2004, 6:42 pm

Post Posted September 3rd, 2010, 3:41 pm

Oh, thank you very much ... I'll give that feature a try the next time when I think someone's posts are more upsetting than constructive. I'll leave things the way they are for now.

I wish I could steer this back on topic, but other than asking a stupid question, I don't have much to contribute:
Does anyone know what may be the root cause of these new slowdowns? Any specific ckeck-in?
Last edited by Gott on September 3rd, 2010, 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WildcatRay

User avatar
 
Posts: 7472
Joined: October 18th, 2007, 7:03 pm
Location: Columbus, OH

Post Posted September 3rd, 2010, 3:45 pm

Is accelerated layers on by default (and, what is the pref for it?). I had one instance where I clicked on an article title (link) in Google Reader to open it in a background tab and the Reader tab went black and the background tab just sat there showing it was loading but nothing was really happening. I could not switch tabs. I was able to close and cold start the browser and things appear fine. I tried reproducing the situation and things worked fine--I could not repeat the situation. :-k
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi

WildcatRay

User avatar
 
Posts: 7472
Joined: October 18th, 2007, 7:03 pm
Location: Columbus, OH

Post Posted September 3rd, 2010, 3:48 pm

LoudNoise wrote:Gott - Get out foe.

Stay on topic folks. http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/4517/popcornuj3.gif

I'm wondering why your animated gif isn't showing properly. Opening the link shows it as expected, though.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi

Omega X

User avatar
 
Posts: 8134
Joined: October 18th, 2007, 2:38 pm
Location: A Parallel Dimension...

Post Posted September 3rd, 2010, 3:52 pm

WildcatRay wrote:Is accelerated layers on by default (and, what is the pref for it?). I had one instance where I clicked on an article title (link) in Google Reader to open it in a background tab and the Reader tab went black and the background tab just sat there showing it was loading but nothing was really happening. I could not switch tabs. I was able to close and cold start the browser and things appear fine. I tried reproducing the situation and things worked fine--I could not repeat the situation. :-k


No, its not on by default yet.

Tracking Bug:
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.c ... 3d9-layers

Dedicated Thread:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1984355
Latest: Firefox/71.0 *ESR/68.3.0 - Mobile/71.0 - Thunderbird/68.3.0
Nightly: Nightly/73.0a1 - Mobile/73.0a1 - Daily/73.0a1

Cru_N_cher
 
Posts: 377
Joined: January 31st, 2010, 11:15 am

Post Posted September 3rd, 2010, 3:54 pm

Wow hehe the new Google Dodle (javascript) is really sucking hard on current Firefox Minefield :( http://www.google.com/ the utilization makes browsing impossible latency goes down the drain with it open :P

GTK66
 
Posts: 1896
Joined: May 30th, 2004, 5:20 am

Post Posted September 3rd, 2010, 3:57 pm

Gott wrote:Oh, thank you very much ... I'll give that feature a try the next time when I think someone's posts are more upsetting than constructive. I'll leave things the way they are for now.

I wish I could steer this back on topic, but other than asking a stupid question, I don't have much to contribute:
Does anyone know what may be the root cause of these new slowdowns? Any specific ckeck-in?


Something to do with Dierect2d/Direct Write Acceleration I guess. Once the Devs sort through all of the Bug reports they will figure it out.

a;skdjfajf;ak

User avatar
 
Posts: 17002
Joined: July 10th, 2004, 8:44 am

Post Posted September 3rd, 2010, 4:00 pm

Gott wrote:Oh, thank you very much ... I'll give that feature a try the next time when I think someone's posts are more upsetting than constructive. I'll leave things the way they are for now.

I wish I could steer this back on topic, but other than asking a stupid question, I don't have much to contribute:
Does anyone know what may be the root cause of these new slowdowns? Any specific ckeck-in?


Sigh! I posted this 2 or 3 pages back - does no one read before posting ?
The cause is listed in this bug: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=593361 a patch has been attached and now appears to have approval - when it will land is anyone's guess.

The patch-writer lives in NZ, near Aukland in the northern part of the island, but I have no idea if he was affected by the big earthquake today, so it could perhaps be awhile.

WildcatRay

User avatar
 
Posts: 7472
Joined: October 18th, 2007, 7:03 pm
Location: Columbus, OH

Post Posted September 3rd, 2010, 4:05 pm

Omega X wrote:
WildcatRay wrote:Is accelerated layers on by default (and, what is the pref for it?). I had one instance where I clicked on an article title (link) in Google Reader to open it in a background tab and the Reader tab went black and the background tab just sat there showing it was loading but nothing was really happening. I could not switch tabs. I was able to close and cold start the browser and things appear fine. I tried reproducing the situation and things worked fine--I could not repeat the situation. :-k


No, its not on by default yet.

Tracking Bug:
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.c ... 3d9-layers

Dedicated Thread:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1984355

Thanks. It is indeed still off for me. My situation may very well have been one of those rare aberrations.

EDIT: Actually, what I am seeing is the content portion of the browser window blank out--go black or white--and not display any content as it should. I can "switch" tabs, but their content does not show. Only the window title changes. I am seeing this with most extensions disabled--all except LastPass--but without reliable STR, I cannot draw any conclusions yet. ](*,) I am wondering if it may be related to the slow scrolling as I have seen some indications of that. :-k
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi

exactlyy

User avatar
 
Posts: 296
Joined: February 8th, 2010, 1:20 pm
Location: Lebanon

Post Posted September 3rd, 2010, 5:02 pm

Cru_N_cher wrote:Wow hehe the new Google Dodle (javascript) is really sucking hard on current Firefox Minefield :( http://www.google.com/ the utilization makes browsing impossible latency goes down the drain with it open :P

WFM
(°-°)

_Dexter_

User avatar
 
Posts: 1436
Joined: August 30th, 2008, 6:54 pm
Location: Miami

Post Posted September 3rd, 2010, 5:07 pm

nvrm
Intel i7 Core Quad @ 4.25Ghz | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus | 12GB PC3-16000 RAM | ASUS HD6970 2GB - 12.3 CATS | ASUS PA246Q IPS 24" LCD 16:10 | OCZ AGILITY-EX SSD SLC | Windows 7 SP1 x64 Ultimate

Juiced
 
Posts: 76
Joined: August 21st, 2010, 5:16 am

Post Posted September 3rd, 2010, 5:19 pm

Google doodle is slow for me too.
This whole build feels a bit more laggy for some reason.

Return to Firefox Builds


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest